NFL 2021 Week 2: Is that Jeopardy! gig still available?

Rhom

6 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Can anyone dislike Ed Reed? Fucking legend. 

Before I even knew who he was I loved him because of Madden. He was IIRC a 77 as a rookie and always became a >90 after two seasons, and would intercept everything. The game knew what he was going to be, lol.

40 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Before I even knew who he was I loved him because of Madden. He was IIRC a 77 as a rookie and always became a >90 after two seasons, and would intercept everything. The game knew what he was going to be, lol.

Before doing a Madden draft, my friends and I would all pick one dude who was untouchable by everyone. Ed was always my pick for years.

ETA: Giants won a game!!!

4 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Before doing a Madden draft, my friends and I would all pick one dude who was untouchable by everyone. Ed was always my pick for years.

I was just talking about rookies. There were a few over the years that always went straight into the 90s no matter how you simulated it. Ed may have been the surest lock though. 

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

Baker was straight trash today, but at least our defense looks fucking legit.

Not really. The Vikes just stopped being aggressive after the first drive. They had easy shots all game long, but didn't take them often enough.

It's rather frustrating that your offense only scored three points on their own. The refs gifted them the other 11 points, but still, the Vikings didn't deserve to win the game, so I can only be but so annoyed by the result.

27 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not really. The Vikes just stopped being aggressive after the first drive. They had easy shots all game long, but didn't take them often enough.

Call it what you want.  We held you guys to seven points at home.  That's a win for the defense.

36 minutes ago, briantw said:

Call it what you want.  We held you guys to seven points at home.  That's a win for the defense.

Not saying your team isn't good or anything. It's just a problem every fan of the team can say is frustrating. They're very aggressive to start games, but then they just play coward ball once they get their first score. It's why everyone wants to fire a coach who happens to be pretty good.

What was up with that missed pass on your last drive? Was that on Baker or OBJ? 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not saying your team isn't good or anything. It's just a problem every fan of the team can say is frustrating. They're very aggressive to start games, but then they just play coward ball once they get their first score. It's why everyone wants to fire a coach who happens to be pretty good.

How the hell did Jefferson ever put up the numbers he did last year if Zimmer is so conservative? Was a good deal of it in garbage time? 

Kyler is just fucking unreal. He's probably already passed Lamar as the best mobile QB. 

4 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

How the hell did Jefferson ever put up the numbers he did last year if Zimmer is so conservative? Was a good deal of it in garbage time? 

Heavy usage late when we had to play from behind (not garbage time per se though). Just look at today's game. We barely attacked the Brown vertically in the first three quarters than chucked it deep a lot in the fourth. Zimm wants to run the ball and play defense when we have one of the best one-two punches at WR in the league. It makes no sense.

As most folks may know, I play in a regular ESPN fantasy league with some coworkers, but I personally play by golf rules (you have to field a team of starters but you're trying to score as few points as possible). I have multiple Houston players rostered, and I am pleased to report that even my RB scored negative points. :lol: (usually only D/ST picks up negative points, although I've seen a couple of QBs do that over the years). 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

What was up with that missed pass on your last drive? Was that on Baker or OBJ? 

Seems like one of them was pretty out of synch, Baker only connecting on 2 of 7 OBJ targets today.

Browns pulling out that win today with the D.

26 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Seems like one of them was pretty out of synch, Baker only connecting on 2 of 7 OBJ targets today.

Browns pulling out that win today with the D.

Baker couldn't connect with anyone today, except maybe Higgins.  Just an ugly game from him.  I have to think that shoulder injury from two weeks ago is still bothering him, because he's been atrocious throwing downfield since then, constantly overthrowing the types of throws he normally nails.

41 minutes ago, briantw said:

Baker couldn't connect with anyone today, except maybe Higgins.  Just an ugly game from him.  I have to think that shoulder injury from two weeks ago is still bothering him, because he's been atrocious throwing downfield since then, constantly overthrowing the types of throws he normally nails.

To be fair the Vikings D is actually pretty good. Outside of a few plays I'm not sure what more Baker could have done. I'd just chalk it up as a weird ass game for both teams. I said it would probably be close, but I would not have guessed it would be that low scoring (I kind of figured it would be a 27-24 game, regardless of who won).

Archived