All about Investments!

On 3/31/2024 at 6:00 PM, Kalbear said:

He is also not allowed to use it as collateral for 6 months. 

But it's clear that he did, whether on paper or not.  See: the miracle billionaire bail-out from a half-billion bail bond right on the heels of the merger announcement.

Edited by Zorral

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

But it's clear that he did, whether on paper or not.  See: the miracle billionaire bail-out from a half-billion bail bond right on the heels of the merger announcement.

I don't think that follows, and he reportedly put down the $175m in cash. That seems entirely conspiratorial. 

And the announcement happened months ago so it's not like this was some immediate revelation. It shouldn't be shocking that a billionaire that has supported Trump for 8 years would support him more. 

Trumps entire m.o. is, has, and always will be, to use other peoples money for all risk.

The bonders, the Truth Social equity purchasers, all will be burned and the Trumps gluttony will contiue rollling around on thier gold piles.

People have continually fell for the fraudster all his life. The rich guy worship and wannabe-ism is the main blinder that informs every Republican.

2 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Yes, but this guy who enabled the bond, is a RUSSIAN.  There is an agenda.  This is just expenses on the way to enacting that agenda.

Don Hankey is Russian?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/04/02/don-hankey-trump-bond-175-million-california-auto-loans/

I can't remember which one of these threads is the right one to bash Elon Musk in, apologies if this is off topic.  Twitter restored the original model of blue check marks this week and got rid of the Musk scheme where you just buy it instead:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/media/elon-musk-blue-checkmarks-x-reversal/index.html

Pretty amazing watching the purported genius get told his idea sucks, have him do it anyway, watch his decisions and management tank the platform, and then see him scramble to fix shit after it's too late.  Why couldn't you just leave it the fuck alone?  

On 4/3/2024 at 9:15 PM, Kalbear said:

The Bonding company Hankey/Trump picked has another problem. They are apparently not liquid enough to cover the bond (they have assets worth around 120-130m or something, which is apparently less than 175m (math the chatterbox of sciences)). And they also didn't deliver GAAP to prove that they are not liquid enough to cover the loan. They will have to show up before Engoron for a hearing on 22nd of April. I bet he'll be super impressed by that.

1 hour ago, Larry of the Lawn said:

I can't remember which one of these threads is the right one to bash Elon Musk in, apologies if this is off topic.  Twitter restored the original model of blue check marks this week and got rid of the Musk scheme where you just buy it instead:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/05/media/elon-musk-blue-checkmarks-x-reversal/index.html

Pretty amazing watching the purported genius get told his idea sucks, have him do it anyway, watch his decisions and management tank the platform, and then see him scramble to fix shit after it's too late.  Why couldn't you just leave it the fuck alone?  

True genius lies in leaving stuff the fuck alone. The fake genius  not so much.

13 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

The Bonding company Hankey/Trump picked has another problem. They are apparently not liquid enough to cover the bond (they have assets worth around 120-130m or something, which is apparently less than 175m (math the chatterbox of sciences)). And they also didn't deliver GAAP to prove that they are not liquid enough to cover the loan. They will have to show up before Engoron for a hearing on 22nd of April. I bet he'll be super impressed by that.

I guess im a little confused then.

Did this guy pay a $175 million or not?

Last I knew promise to pay is not a legit payment until, and unless, the actual resources are forked over to the court.

The article was blocked by a paywall or whatever so I couldnt read it .

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I guess im a little confused then.

Did this guy pay a $175 million or not?

Last I knew promise to pay is not a legit payment until, and unless, the actual resources are forked over to the court.

The article was blocked by a paywall or whatever so I couldnt read it .

Wasn't quoting the article, merely parroting what the folks over at MT said (namely Popok and Meiselas) said. Youtube has to be good for something afterall.

On 4/5/2024 at 5:24 PM, A Horse Named Stranger said:

And yet the whole farce has effectively given Trump an extension of a few weeks to find another source for a bond without his assets being seized.  He knows how to play the legal bureaucracy. 

Im reading in comments section of a Yahoo article the following type of stuff-

"So the fake billionaire who lied about his wealth is too poor to post bond, so he finds another fake billionaire to lie about his wealth, and he's also too poor to post the bond."

:lmao:

Another pretty hot inflation print for the US. Somewhat deceptive as the main driver was shelter - other areas are still looking promising for the soft landing believers. 

But the double-edged sword of a continued strong economy is that inflation is likely to persist for a while yet. We have seen a pretty sharp turnaround in commodity prices in Q1, which is going to feed through the supply chain in the next few months and probably see more sustained price rises. The headline CPI number is going to be a headache. That likely means "higher for longer" and greater chances that we eventually see falling economic growth and/or a financial event (e.g., commercial real estate, more regional banks falling). 

7 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

If i owned Tesla stock and the company were trying to pay Elon 50 billion, i'd be somewhat aggrieved. 

So would I as I would see it as a way for him trying to get back the money he was forced to spend on Twitter.