US Politics - Breaking the Seal

Mlle. Zabzie

12 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

On a political note, my Republican voting family members refuse to even discuss the ongoing President Trump situation. 

Former Prez Trump.  Former.

Garrett Ziegler, a former Trump aide, sicced MAGA fans on the family members of the purported agents who searched for, and discovered, the stolen classified docments, with names, addresses, phone numbers, including links to kids' social media accounts, via 'truth' social.

Perhaps someone should inform Ziegler that FBI agents aren't the helpless, powerless, undefended sorts he and his reichlicans, and their minions, the adolescent white kids with assault rifles, usually go after. Time to:whip: down, FBI.

1 hour ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I have emergency underwear. 

Do they fit? No. 

Are they clean? Yes. 

You watch a cartoon; I laff at new CSA jerkwaddy reenactors!  :rofl:

To each our own.

Give the neo civil war jerkwaddies some of that there clean underwear!  :rofl:

58 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Perjury: Trump’s lawyers signed false declaration to FBI before search

Oh, and... A grand jury decided to not indict Carolyn Bryant Donham, the woman whose accusations led to the lynching of Emmett Till 67 years ago.

https://youtu.be/-a5K6Vg3wIY

I though about this after reading about it somewhere earlier, and it’s entirely possible that their client misled them. Although anyone who would take that bloviating shit-heel at his word deserves what they get. 

One of my lovable drunk uncles has slid into rampant Trumpism over the years despite being a strong union guy and vocal Democrat most his life. He put up nice Facebook rant - you could smell the alcohol through the text - about this ongoing witch hunt as they seem to have labelled Trump's litany of criminal offenses. I responded with a relatively benign but direct dismissal of his fake news, with a link to one of y'alls convenient tweets up-thread. A bunch of my extended family duly hit their little Likes and Laughs, and a few hours later I got a message from my mom that Uncle is Really Really Upset that the family is laughing at him, not supporting his claims.

Now the post is deleted and there's no way I'm going to send my beloved but befuddled uncle a damn apology for pushing back on his fake news post. This is, as far as I recall, the singular time in my life I've had some sort of beef with an extended family member. Sorry Unc have another Bud Light and we'll talk baseball again some time.

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

@Wade1865

In 8 years on the forum I brought up my military service in discussions like 14 times.

You matched that in like 10 days. :huh:

Shouldn’t of done that. You just a boy. 

A True Kaniggit -- hahaha, true, true. What's more interesting is that if you divide the frequency by the number of posts, it comes out to like 28%. And what's even more, more interesting is that I'm not even a Soldier anymore.

I acknowledge your self-control, though. A good virtue to have.

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Ha. Little do you know, I have emergency underwear. 

Do they fit? No. 

Are they clean? Yes. 

Clean underwear is, by definition, NOT emergency underwear. Emergency underwear needs to be constantly proving it can handle emergencies. What you’re talking about is spare underwear, not the same thing at all. 

4 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Clean underwear is, by definition, NOT emergency underwear. Emergency underwear needs to be constantly proving it can handle emergencies. What you’re talking about is spare underwear, not the same thing at all. 

Pffft. Don’t bother explaining to me what to me what I don’t know. 

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

One of my lovable drunk uncles has slid into rampant Trumpism over the years despite being a strong union guy and vocal Democrat most his life. He put up nice Facebook rant - you could smell the alcohol through the text - about this ongoing witch hunt as they seem to have labelled Trump's litany of criminal offenses. I responded with a relatively benign but direct dismissal of his fake news, with a link to one of y'alls convenient tweets up-thread. A bunch of my extended family duly hit their little Likes and Laughs, and a few hours later I got a message from my mom that Uncle is Really Really Upset that the family is laughing at him, not supporting his claims.

Now the post is deleted and there's no way I'm going to send my beloved but befuddled uncle a damn apology for pushing back on his fake news post. This is, as far as I recall, the singular time in my life I've had some sort of beef with an extended family member. Sorry Unc have another Bud Light and we'll talk baseball again some time.

There seems to be a disconnect in the minds of his supporters between the frequency of Trump crimes, lesser repercussions of those crimes, so that the very volume of ~ repercussions is thought to be proof he’s being persecuted…if you ignore the cause. Being a right wing political figure honestly seems like such easy work…your whole audience already thinks there’s a media conspiracy against you, so there is no such thing as bad news, just good news and proof of persecution. 

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Pffft. Don’t bother explaining to me what to me what I don’t know. 

Yeah, right, but I…well, the thing is you…there’s…fuck, I’ve got nothing, you’ve invented the perfect defence. 

37 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

A True Kaniggit -- hahaha, true, true. What's more interesting is that if you divide the frequency by the number of posts, it comes out to like 28%. And what's even more, more interesting is that I'm not even a Soldier anymore.

I acknowledge your self-control, though. A good virtue to have.

Heya heya hey! That math be so totally wrong.

So wrong it makes my brain tremble.  

3 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

@Wade1865

You just a boy. 

A True Kaniggit -- agreed! I'm fortunate to have experienced the breadth of combat arms: starting at 17 (literally, a boy), in Field Artillery (rocket), to Armor, back to Field Artillery (light), and an emergency tour as de facto Infantry (air assault) during the US surge in Iraq. Positions I held were even more diverse (e.g. crewman, leader, liaison, instructor, commander, advisor, and a few more). Served as an Enlisted Man, NCO, and CO -- never a WO. Grateful I was healthy enough to be a Soldier, and more so that I was able to retire un-mangled and un-killed, hahaha. I could not imagine being a health worker, educator, laborer, banker, or anything else.

Two wars, three deployments, though I sincerely tried to get two more -- denied, given the drawdown and eventual withdrawal of Afghanistan. Never fought on the line, only within it, given the nature of US combat power dominance. Iraq was easy, Afghan was tough. Although 98% of my training was conventional, I favored counterinsurgency. Where conventional was mostly a science, unconventional was pure art -- an absolute work of art, of a concept. These were the best years of my life, and set me up for the next (which I'm nearly a year into). Now I'm retired.

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

That math be so totally wrong.

A True Kaniggit -- hahaha, now that you mention it, yes, you're right.

Correction: 62% ;)

Archived