Star Wars: a story for every fan? (Andor Spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

2 minutes ago, Underfoot said:

What're the odds omega is Ezra's mom via purple hair boy. would that timeline work? She's gotta be force sensitive IMO

No. Ezra is already born. He was born in the same year as Luke and Leia. Besides, we see his parents in Rebels.

On 2/25/2023 at 1:25 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

More and more they seem to be pushing to have Omega joining a Rebels cell, and/or running one at some point. That's the vibe I keep getting. Even though recent episodes have been, "filler", there is a strong undercurrent of Omega needing to do more for people.  

My tinfoil hat theory now, and I know it's not going to happen, is that by the time of Scariff, Omega is the shadowy good guy pulling the strings of the Rebellion, kinda like an anti-Palpatine...

I thought Luther Rael was supposed to be their anti-Palpatine.

22 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

This … doesn’t make sense does it? Certainly didn’t appear that way in the show.

Yea, I agree.  That time line doesn't seem to jive with the concurrent Boba Fett timeline.  Or does it?  Did two years elapse after Luke took Grogu and when we saw Boba Fett kill Bib Fortuna?

ETA: Crap, if years elapsed between seasons, 1,2, & 3 I'm starting to get worried that Grogu may be learning disabled.

39 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

This … doesn’t make sense does it? Certainly didn’t appear that way in the show.

29 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Yea, I agree.  That time line doesn't seem to jive with the concurrent Boba Fett timeline.  Or does it?  Did two years elapse after Luke took Grogu and when we saw Boba Fett kill Bib Fortuna?

ETA: Crap, if years elapsed between seasons, 1,2, & 3 I'm starting to get worried that Grogu may be learning disabled.

I agree that it doesn't. Two years is too much. It also means that the highly skilled bounty hunter Din Djarin took two years to find the remains of the Mando covert from which he was promptly outcast. I also don't see seasons 1 and 2 having taken place over "many years". At best there was about a year or two covering all those events.

But I would say some time had to have passed for Din's search of the covert and then for him to find out where Luke was training Grogu. Just not two years. It is possible that Luke travelled with Grogu for a time, doing less actual training, and more solving problems and letting Grogu observe, before settling down on that planet where he starts building the school. At the rate those robot ants were going, the school should be finished in no time.

The trailer I linked above indicated that Grogu may start talking with words soon.

I wouldn't say Grogu is learning disabled, but he has repressed his memories from his time at the Jedi temple. 

47 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I wouldn't say Grogu is learning disabled, but he has repressed his memories from his time at the Jedi temple. 

If a species were to live 800 years... Then infancy/toddler stage could easily last 40-60 years.  

Based on the producers' comments above I assume that the half hour premiere of The Mandalorian season 3 extended the timeline another 6 months. :laugh:

Jokes aside, a decent premiere, with a lot of things packed into it setting up the big Mandalorian plot as well as a side-quest as per usual. Probably 50% of the trailers were from this episode. I like the development of Navarro, and really that's about the only thing that truly speaks of there having been years since the story began. 

The new episode of The Bad Batch was pretty good. Nice to see more development on the Empire's cloning efforts. Also had a very Alien feel in the first part. 

It was ok, but I was a bit underwhelmed.  From what I understand from the reviewers who saw the second episode at Disney’s launch party, that’s when the series really gets going.

I think it would have worked a lot better if the scenes with Grogu and Luke from BOBF episode 6 would have been a part of this episode and Din and Grogu’s reunion would have been on Mandalore in the second episode.  Grogu sensing that Din needed him which is what prompts him in ultimately making the decision that he was a Mandalorian and not a Jedi.

The real problem is that Baby Grogu is just too cute and marketable. Talking Grogu might not have the same draw. Crutch or not, Baby Grogu will be with us for awhile.

Take Baby Groot for example. While I liked seeing him progress to Teenager Groot and all the angst that goes along with it, Baby Groot was much more fun and endearing. 

huh, I didn't realize that Ludwig Göransson wasn't returning for season 3. A protégé of his, Joseph Shirley, is the new composer. I can't say I noticed a difference. Shirley's credits include Tenet and the upcoming Creed III.

I don't expect this season to be better than or anywhere near as good as Andor, but I do hope that (unlike season 2), it's not mainly just a bunch of pointless side quests meant to create future spinoffs. Let this be its own show! The focus on Mandalore is promising from that perspective, but the fact that I have to now watch The Book of Boba Fett to understand what's happening this season is not great.

I also hope that this is the season they also finally let Pascal take off the damn helmet for the majority of the time. They're wasting their talented lead actor.

27 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yeah… after Andor this just seems so… kid oriented?  But then… there is that aspect to the original Star Wars stuff.

I’m not so sure it’s just because of Andor.  I rewatched the last two seasons, and yes they were goofy fun, but they weren’t quite as cartoony as this episode.

8 minutes ago, Caligula_K3 said:

I don't expect this season to be better than or anywhere near as good as Andor, but I do hope that (unlike season 2), it's not mainly just a bunch of pointless side quests meant to create future spinoffs. Let this be its own show! The focus on Mandalore is promising from that perspective, but the fact that I have to now watch The Book of Boba Fett to understand what's happening this season is not great.

I also hope that this is the season they also finally let Pascal take off the damn helmet for the majority of the time. They're wasting their talented lead actor.

Well right now Din seems interested in returning to the fold. We'll see how much longer he maintains this attitude.

27 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yeah… after Andor this just seems so… kid oriented?  But then… there is that aspect to the original Star Wars stuff.

That's why I rewatched the previous 2 seasons + the Boba Fett episodes pertaining to Mando; necessary palate cleanser. :P

1 minute ago, Frey family reunion said:

I’m not so sure it’s just because of Andor.  I rewatched the last two seasons, and yes they were goofy fun, but they weren’t quite as cartoony as this episode.

The “Pirate King” immediately made me think of “Oscar the Grouch”

6 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

The new episode of The Bad Batch was pretty good. Nice to see more development on the Empire's cloning efforts. 

A secret cloning facility started by the Supreme Chancellor before he became Emperor? They're definitely letting this thread dangle so it can be theorised as the precursor to "somehow, Palpatine returned".

50 minutes ago, Denvek said:

A secret cloning facility started by the Supreme Chancellor before he became Emperor? They're definitely letting this thread dangle so it can be theorised as the precursor to "somehow, Palpatine returned".

Spoiler

There was that episode in The Clone Wars with the Zillo Beast when Palpatine made sure the creature was captured. 

Archived