Daenerys Targaryen is a better leader than Jon Snow.

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

Yes it was the worst option. But flying away on Drogon doesn't look great either. The best option would have been to face Drogon down, but then not climb on him and disappear.

Hard to say for sure as Drogon may have flown away without Daenerys getting on his back. It is clear from Daenerys' POV that although she is riding him, she has no control over where he goes. So presumably he left because he wanted to/was being attacked, not because Daenerys 'told' him to do so.

Yes.

To be fair she has to start flying at least one of them at some point or they are next to useless for her. If she cant control them all shes done is unleash a predator  ontl planetos capable of knocking man off the top of the food chain!!

7 minutes ago, astarkchoice said:

To be fair she has to start flying at least one of them at some point or they are next to useless for her.

Yeah, but that was not a great moment to try, given the City needed her with all the problems going on: dysentery, the whole war with the Slavers issue, the Dornish etc.

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

Yeah, but that was not a great moment to try, given the City needed her with all the problems going on: dysentery, the whole war with the Slavers issue, the Dornish etc.

True but it may have been a now or never moment to bond with the beast as rider

Dany is superior to Jon when it comes to governing.  Jon had a small area under his command and he completely screwed it up.  An ancient order that has withstood the challenges of time was brought to its ruin because of one lousy Lord Commander Snow.  Meanwhile, Dany will liberate millions in the far east and bring Targaryen rule back to Westeros. 

41 minutes ago, X-Buster said:

Dany is superior to Jon when it comes to governing.  Jon had a small area under his command and he completely screwed it up.  An ancient order that has withstood the challenges of time was brought to its ruin because of one lousy Lord Commander Snow.  Meanwhile, Dany will liberate millions in the far east and bring Targaryen rule back to Westeros. 

It was brought to ruin by the bigotry and moronic nature of Bowen Marsh and his conspirators. And Dany has ran the Slavers Bay cities into the ground and her rule has been an utter failure since she conquered the cities 

On 5/24/2023 at 7:39 AM, Aerodimas said:

People need to realize that Dany is uneducated. She is smart and Viserys teached her some lenguages but she is not ready to rule anything. Mereen was her trial and she had to run away. Will she return and make things right? Probably. But it will be her 3th atemp (i don't remember the name of the city that got overruled by the slaves).

Dany is well-educated.  What she has learned are truths and facts.  She has seen much and learned a lot from her travels.  She is a very competent scholar.  She is a seeker of knowledge.  She can speak many languages.  She has visited most of the great cities of the world. 

It is fare to give Jon a second chance, he wasn't doing it to bad for a child and Master Aemon thought that his ideas were good.

If you want to talk about uneducated, let's talk about Jon Snow.  Sure he spent time with a maester.  But the maesters were teaching him that magic doesn't exist.  The curriculum was wrong.  It's like teaching kids the world is flat and made of a giant watermelon.  Jon believed it and that makes him ignorant.   Sure he was being taught, being taught rubbish.  Jon is literally one who "knows nothing."  He went from the very backwards, primitive confines of Winterfell straight to the Wall.  He has seen the world outside the north.  He only speaks one language. The closest thing to a city he has been to is probably White Harbor. 

On 6/6/2023 at 7:30 PM, Quoth the raven, said:

I would risk a bet that those who did were fans of Jon Snow.  Their boy, you see, failed and was killed by his own men.  Daenerys will succeed in Meereen and then onto to Westeros to save what's left and rule from her father's throne. 

:agree:   Though she may take the surviving folks back to Essos and settle them in Vaes Tolorro.  There won't be many survivors but enough to rebuild that city. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

If you want to talk about uneducated, let's talk about Jon Snow.  Sure he spent time with a maester.  But the maesters were teaching him that magic doesn't exist.  The curriculum was wrong.  It's like teaching kids the world is flat and made of a giant watermelon.  Jon believed it and that makes him ignorant.   Sure he was being taught, being taught rubbish.  Jon is literally one who "knows nothing."  He went from the very backwards, primitive confines of Winterfell straight to the Wall.  He has seen the world outside the north.  He only speaks one language. The closest thing to a city he has been to is probably White Harbor. 

The ignorant teaching the ignorant. 

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Just like Viserys teaching Daenerys.

Or Daenerys "teaching" the people of Slaver's Bay, be they slave, freed men, free men or slaver.

"Oh no, slavery is wrong silly, I must kill all adults to get that point across" leading to "Oh no, my coffers are empty, I should reallow slavery in a milder form and tax it" She taught people that slavery is an offense so grievous, that thousands must die for it but then also teachest the very same people that slavery isn't so bad when it is her clinking the coins gained from it's taxation. 

22 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Or Daenerys "teaching" the people of Slaver's Bay, be they slave, freed men, free men or slaver.

"Oh no, slavery is wrong silly, I must kill all adults to get that point across" leading to "Oh no, my coffers are empty, I should reallow slavery in a milder form and tax it" She taught people that slavery is an offense so grievous, that thousands must die for it but then also teachest the very same people that slavery isn't so bad when it is her clinking the coins gained from it's taxation. 

When did Daenerys "kill all adults"? 

Xaro actually complained to her that there were no slaves for sale in Meereen, when he turned up in ADWD.  Meereen remains free soil, throughout.

Edited by SeanF

• 1 month later...

I started the topic so let me repeat what I said in the first post.  Daenerys is much better at leadership and governing than Jon Snow.  The replies have veered off-topic.  I don't want my point to get lost in the off topic talk. 

I am happy for Barristan because he has finally found a monarch very worthy of serving in Daenerys Targaryen.  Bowen Marsh unfortunately ended up serving Jon Snow. 

52 minutes ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

I started the topic so let me repeat what I said in the first post.  Daenerys is much better at leadership and governing than Jon Snow.  The replies have veered off-topic.  I don't want my point to get lost in the off topic talk. 

I am happy for Barristan because he has finally found a monarch very worthy of serving in Daenerys Targaryen.  Bowen Marsh unfortunately ended up serving Jon Snow. 

Unfortunately for the Realm. Marsh and his ilk of moronic bigots probably doomed the Watch.

11 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Hey one of the "Jon Snow is the devil" users are back. I missed you guys. Enjoying your summer, lol

3 hours ago, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

It depends on which one you like better . Dany is a political leader , while Jon is a military commander .Both made good and bad choices, and both are dealing with unruly subjects .

And if it wasn’t for Drogon making a surprise appearing in the Pit I think Daenerys would’ve been assassinated 

On 8/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, Lord Domeric Bolton said:

And if it wasn’t for Drogon making a surprise appearing in the Pit I think Daenerys would’ve been assassinated 

Drogon didn't happen to just come to the Pit.  I think Daenerys subconsciously summoned Drogon.  The bond between her and Drogon is powerful.  She will learn to use that bond skillfully as she gets older. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2023 at 7:37 PM, Bowen 747 said:

Drogon didn't happen to just come to the Pit.  I think Daenerys subconsciously summoned Drogon.  The bond between her and Drogon is powerful.  She will learn to use that bond skillfully as she gets older. 

There is a telepathic connection between her and her dragons.  Drogon in particular senses her feelings and worries.