Covid 48: The Long March

Darzin

Just saw that my MD offers it and I booked an appointment next week

An open letter by a group of doctors has asked for masking in the health care sector again recently and it mentioned that a lot of doctors that support it prefer to stay anonymous.

Completely understandable as a prominent pro-vaccine/madking doctor commited suicide after constant death threats. Most prefer to remain silent nowadays as the police openly said in that case that she should just shut if she did not want death threats.

Edited by Luzifer's right hand

3 hours ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

An open letter by a group of doctors has asked for masking in the health care sector again recently and it mentioned that a lot of doctors that support it prefer to stay anonymous.

Completely understandable as a prominent pro-vaccine/madking doctor commited suicide after constant death threats. Most prefer to remain silent nowadays as the police openly said in that case that she should just shut if she did not want death threats.

Jesus. I hadn’t heard this. Is there a link?

Fuck.  Just. Fuck.  I suspected all along this was just too easy.

I get to the CVS pharmacy for my vaccination appt. to be told, "No vaccine.  We couldn't call or text you because there was no number to do that."  Which just can't be possible because one cannot make an appointment without that information. When do you think there will be vaccine?  "No idea."

Nobody, nobody, can or does ANYTHING right.

In the meantime, this lovely [not] news:

U.S. COVID levels approach pandemic's 2020 peak | Fortune Well

Edited by Zorral

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

Fuck.  Just. Fuck.  I suspected all along this was just too easy.

I get to the CVS pharmacy for my vaccination appt. to be told, "No vaccine.  We couldn't call or text you because there was no number to do that."  Which just can't be possible because one cannot make an appointment without that information. When do you think there will be vaccine?  "No idea."

Nobody, nobody, can or does ANYTHING right.

In the meantime, this lovely [not] news:

U.S. COVID levels approach pandemic's 2020 peak | Fortune Well

I was amazed and impressed when you said you were booked for the new vaccine. “Sighs”

That article about the infection rate is very sobering.

I am cancelling everything that has to do with social/cultural f2f events. Including a friend's big bd party with some jazz greats at Dizzy's.

I wouldn't have been out last night doing what I did (though I did mask) if I'd known this news earlier.  This just sux.

Moreover it's Fashion Week here, and ever place, whatever it is , from restaurants to movie theaters to whatever, is majorly packed with internationals.  And last night, despite my own attitudes and so on, I was in the middle of all that. I wore a mask, the only one, but still.  Already, I've been hearing from friends who went where I wouldn't that, 'holy cow, I, me, us, lots of us, are covided.'

Edited by Zorral

I got jabbed with Moderna about 6 PM today at a Walgreens., a long distance from my general stomping grounds. 
On my trek to make the appt. I thought that my quest to get the vaccinations since they became available all involved going somewhere far enough away from home that it feels I've gone to a different city.  Nothing wrong with the locations, etc. -- just different because such different neighborhoods, not just from mine, but from each other too.
The patients came one right after another. I was told this had been going on all day -- this was the first day they'd had the vaccine. A lot of places still don't have it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/was-your-covid-vaccine-appointment-canceled-here-s-why-according-to-experts/ar-AA1h1nhO?

Rollout was pretty fast. I could have had an appointment Monday I think but I only had time today.

Media coverage and government information feel non-existent this time.

It is definitely not that easy to find an appointment if you are unaware that the distribution outside of cities is completely MD based this time(pharmacists are not allowed to vaccinate here).

The official recommendation here is that everyone 12+ should get it. Different from a lot of other countries.

I had one heck of a hallucinatory night -- though w/o the horrible chills that's I've always gotten before.  Ran a mild fever.  Now eating granola and dates, prior to taking acetaminophen -- I really do hurt a lot, partly I suppose from lying in one position for so long w/o sleeping.  I'll probably be good again by tonight.  In the meantime, I will eat this granola, drink chamomile tea and probably, finally sleep for a while, now that it is noon.

The facility upstate caring for our friend's mother with dementia had covid rip right through a large portion of it.  Fortunately it missed the wing where our friend's mom is.  Everybody is wearing masks there again, patients and staff and visitors.  She says also in the supermarkets and other indoor places in this are of the Hudson River Valley.  She's been unable to find a Pfizer jab for herself until -- yesterday -- for Monday.  Hope it goes through.

The US government will again provide free tests -- this gift article from the WaPo tells you where to request them: https://wapo.st/3ZtV4qr

In the meantime desantis is telling FLoridians not to get vaxxed.

It's interesting seeing how much media is actually paying attention to new surge, providing information matter of factly.

Which also says something about how much of it there is in our communities.

Why is DeSantis telling Floridians not to get vaccinated?

Oh, I see, everyone younger than 65 not to get vaccinated.

And masks and restrictions are just “a bogus attempt by the left to expand government control”. Be part of the resistance! They aren’t going to close schools down! Nope!

I will never set foot in Florida again, I guess.

20 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Why is DeSantis telling Floridians not to get vaccinated?

Oh, I see, everyone younger than 65 not to get vaccinated.

And masks and restrictions are just “a bogus attempt by the left to expand government control”. Be part of the resistance! They aren’t going to close schools down! Nope!

I will never set foot in Florida again, I guess.

You know, given the relative infection and mortality rates of unvaccinated and vaccinated, (what I suspect) the placement on the political spectrum for the people who fall into those two groups, and how age factors into both… over a few years… this noise has to have measurable effects in election outcomes. 

Going entirely by anecdotal recounts of our friends here locally, it seems Duane Reede/Walgreens has done a much better job of resolving the insurance bollox-ups re covid than CVS.  Color me utterly unsurprised.  CVS can't do frackin' anything right.

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

You know, given the relative infection and mortality rates of unvaccinated and vaccinated, (what I suspect) the placement on the political spectrum for the people who fall into those two groups, and how age factors into both… over a few years… this noise has to have measurable effects in election outcomes. 

Which is why all women must be kept pregnant and forced to birth at all times!  Even those who can't!  Not that this will help since once The Baby is actually born, They don't give a shyte about it living, eating, being housed, educated etc.

More information on the insurance bolloxes in getting the new covid vaccination, both in terms of supply and insurance/payment.  Gift link from the WaPo.  It's quite a long piece.  Alaska particularly seems to be having trouble.  BTW, the comments are fairly interesting in themselves, both anecdotally and for revealing current mindsets about various crises this nation -- and the world -- are suffering, re both fascism and capitalism.  There is nothing that both forces don't shape.

https://wapo.st/3Zz6eug

.... One common issue that won’t be resolved, however, is Americans can no longer expect to get a vaccine wherever they want, because insurers are not required to pay for vaccines administered at out-of-network pharmacies and locations.

“Under the national program, anyone could go anywhere regardless of their insurance status,” said Kelly Moore, chief executive of Immunize.org, which educates health care professionals about vaccines. “We are still giving everyone the same chance at vaccination at no cost, however, it is more limited than it used to be.”

Moore experienced the challenges herself when she couldn’t get vaccinated at her usual pharmacy because of shipping delays, and then was told she’d have to pay $200 at CVS because it was not in her insurance network. It took her a few hours and a few frustrating phone calls to resolve her situation and eventually get vaccinated at Walgreens, but she worries less-savvy consumers will give up when they encounter hurdles. .... 

Edited by Zorral

I looked for where to I could update the Covid vacc in my town, and the only drug store that currently is listed as having it is Walgreens.  The Wallgreens in my town is poorly run; too many customers and not enough staff, but I made the appointment anyway.   It took me a little over an hour and wasn't too frustrating, so I'm all caught up now.  The covid spike shot was available, which I told the Pharmacist it should have been named, the spike jab, so I took that, and a flu shot, an RSV shot, and a pneumonia shot.  Fortunately, I'm not reactive to vacc's, so other than sore arms and feeling a pit punky last night, I'm fine this morning.  Do see an afternoon nap in my future though.  

The pharmacist did not ask for any insurance proof, although I waved my Medicare card at her just to be sure.  

I hope you have a better day today @Zorral and thanks for the link for the free tests.  

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

I hope you have a better day today

So glad you were able to get all your shots.  Yay!

I'll be getting mine too, though one at a time.  First up, flu, next month, then RSV.

I'm just fine today.  I had recovered by about 11 PM last night.  But yesterday was a lost day, for sure.  I never even got dressed, never left the apt., which never happens, except when that out of it.  I very happy today because today isn't yesterday.  Ha!  Partner got his at noon today -- Pfizer, Walgreen's.  A different one than I went to, and this one didn't have its act together. They couldn't find him in 'the system.' Until he pointed out they were searching for him with first name as last name.  Argh.

Long covid 5 months later. Still twitching, jerking, fatigued, in pain. But I got my first b12 injection today - have a loading dose of 6 shots over 2 weeks and I’m hoping they will make a big difference to my fatigue and energy levels and help me get to a place where I can implement good habits again that will get me more well in the long run. 

19 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Long covid 5 months later. Still twitching, jerking, fatigued, in pain. But I got my first b12 injection today - have a loading dose of 6 shots over 2 weeks and I’m hoping they will make a big difference to my fatigue and energy levels and help me get to a place where I can implement good habits again that will get me more well in the long run. 

Sorry to hear that you are still suffering from it. Hopefully the B12 treatment will work for you.

Edited by Luzifer's right hand