How is the weather out there?

LongRider

Because, for better or worse, people remember  “Ron DeSantis had just been sworn in as a member of the House in 2013 when he voted against sending $9.7 billion in disaster relief to New York and New Jersey, two states still reeling from the damage of Hurricane Sandy.”RS," and other such incidents, such as using federal money to build his own private militia, send immigrants to other cities -- even to the point of sending the transport down to the Mexican border, shoving people on the buses and then shoving them off in cities such as SF and NYC.  O there are so many reasons, including my ex sil who was thrilled to move to FL so she wouldn't be bothered by blacks and browns (she must have been shocked learning how many of both live there), denies climate change, and now is very unhappy because her brand new retirement home is kinda clobbered.

No, all Floridians aren't him, but lordessa, so many are, and o do they applaud such stances.  No

Summer has suddenly arrived. In September.

I went swimming yesterday evening off the Gower. If it continues like this, I'll probably try the same thing either tonight or later in the week. 

Why couldn't it have been a bit like this when I was on holiday?? 

(On a less petty note, I'm glad that the rainy summer topped up the reservoirs. And though I've enjoyed the hot, genuinely summery summers we've had over the last few years, I'm happy to pass on the grass fires.) 

Hot.  Like yesterday and the day before, and most of the week will be.  But when the sun slides west, the light is beautiful.  We so enjoyed to the walk to and the walk returning from our anniversary-of-first-date dinner last night in that light.  The Park was filled with people, but it was so peaceful and -- the omnipresent stench of weed was not present for the first time in a year, it seems.  They are cracking down, somewhat at least, on the illegal weed emporiums.

Northern Wisconsin here but also been spending time in Lower Peninsula Michigan this summer.

Cant really complain about the warmer than past summers as weve only resorted to using AC a couple days earlier in the summer.

I much prefer using the screened, crank out windows with blinds and fans over the AC. The tinted bay windows and evening natural draft have been sufficient to keep our chalet style cabin decently cooled. Most days that have hit the 90°s ive been able to swim as well so im that minority that actually sees some upside in the extra warmth.

My main concerns are over how long i can keep my greenhouses inground plot producing as late as possible and then how warm I can keep my raised beds. Im aiming to keep things rolling as far past a traditional first frost as i can.

Keep bringing the northern heat is my tude!

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

Very hot, like all the previous week and tomorrow too.  We are also suffering nearly Orange/Bad AQI -- haven't had that in a very long time.  'They' are advising we ration our a/c. 

In the meantime far too many a/c window units for the university's dorms have, um ... failed.  I.e. aren't working.  Very bad for the school's profile -- and these are new units.  Somebody did a very bad procurement job.  Or ... something . . . .

The shops and office building all have their doors open and are a/c-ing the streets as usual. 

At home we're set at 78°, with the money saver on.  But I am utilizing my teeny personal a/c unit, that sits on my desk and is powered by jacking into the computer.  It's just great!

Edited by Zorral

Was warmer than average for early September for golf league tonight.  But one of the members threw a pool party after league, so great time for sure.  Frankly, I could only hope that it stayed so warm through all of September.  (90F high today).

Seasonal variance is arriving soon enough.  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, blessed relief.  Thunderstorms have rolled in.  Temps dropped 10 - 12 degrees, and the AQ is improving.  Also sun going west and clouds.  But it sure beats dirty steambath nearly 100.

Gonna be a wild weekend with Hurricane Lee stopping by. There are concerns that the storm might flood the Chignecto Isthmus, which would cut us off from the rest of the country. I mean, sure, we could still get stuff by boat, but the power lines run through there. Yikes. 

Sometimes I think everyone should move to Michigan. (not really!)  It's so lovely here.  Temp 65 F, sunny skies, trees just starting to turn just slightly.  Even the winters have been more moderate since, gulp, Global Warming.  

It's essentially been raining since Friday night here.  Tropical Storm Ophelia, still giving us her largesse.  We are to expect these conditions to continue through until, maybe, late tomorrow.  The pervasive damp is making us here on this side of the ocean feel like London -- perpetual chill, even though the temperatures are still in the 60's, though low, even in the daytime!

Rained all night all today too.  Though it is down to showers now, They Say.  We get a sunny tomorrow.  Then a new storm brings more rain starting Thursday and through the weekend, They Say.

I'm starting to get depressed.  It's also cold -- I have mentioned the chill this perpetual damp bring. While Austin is still suffering under temps of 100 and upper 90's every day, as they have for months.