Football - a matter of life and death? No, its more important than that!

BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Particularly surprising since Portugal has many good coaches, all better than Martinez. Is he a Jorge Mendes' client by any chance?

Nope. Pini Zahavi is his agent (you made google it).

Pleased we are playing a decent team (compared to shite we used to put out in the cups preciously), would rather win the cup and finish 5th than qualify for champions league. 

Especially Botman, bloke could shit the bed and wake up with a clean sheet. 

51 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Lets go Wrexham!

Seems to me they need more pace at the back, and their wing backs aren't really Championship level, but that's not surprising. 

They do carry a threat, though, and they look good for their lead. 

1 minute ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Seems to me they need more pace at the back, and their wing backs aren't really Championship level, but that's not surprising. 

They do carry a threat, though, and they look good for their lead. 

All true. Given they're non-League, fact they're beating a Championship team by 2 away from home is pretty impressive.

4 minutes ago, Mexal said:

All true. Given they're non-League, fact they're beating a Championship team by 2 away from home is pretty impressive.

Absolutely. 

Think I heard the commentator say Coventry was one of the stingiest teams in the Championship, too. 

43 minutes ago, Raja said:

Apparently yous don't have money so you need loans

Yeah, I think Casemiro was bought for money that might have been earmarked for January otherwise. But also (1) the Glazers don't wanna give out too much money while trying to sell the club and (2) it's probably better to get a stopgap now and work on a proper target for summer than some kind of compromise January signing who'll be unneeded after summer, so I'd be okay with this. 

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Pleased we are playing a decent team (compared to shite we used to put out in the cups preciously), would rather win the cup and finish 5th than qualify for champions league. 

Well, half of this is still on. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Also, how are juve just 4 points off napoli

Juve have been on a pretty good run in the league. Since losing to Milan, they've won 8 in a row and without conceding a goal.

4 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Yeah, I think Casemiro was bought for money that might have been earmarked for January otherwise. But also (1) the Glazers don't wanna give out too much money while trying to sell the club and (2) it's probably better to get a stopgap now and work on a proper target for summer than some kind of compromise January signing who'll be unneeded after summer, so I'd be okay with this.

Nah. We spent the De Jong money on Casemiro who cost less than the fee we had agreed with Barca for FdJ. We blew any budget we might have had for January by paying double what Antony is actually worth.

Years of horrendous transfer business (both incoming and outgoing) as well as years of paying out bloated wages to an underperforming squad has caught up with us.

Exactly that.

Judging whether that is a mistimed header, or him going for a too difficult ball owing to the run is beyond VAR. So it makes absolutely no sense at all to have that rule - it relies on being inside the defender's head in this case. 

Ben Doak also looks fun. Hopefully we see a bit more of him.

Gakpo was alright on his debut. Not amazing but a few decent touches.

ETA: Heh, apparently the reason they haven’t shown a replay of the offside is because it wasn’t on camera.

Archived