Tully Madness

Sydney Mae

On 12/29/2023 at 12:37 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Please, speed up your posting of totally inane and laughable ideas that are 100% free of any connections to the text of the novels. Then this blasted thread can reach 20 pages asap and be put to rest. Cheers.

You can't kill the tinfoil theory threads. They rise again, insaner and stupider. 

4 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

You can't kill the tinfoil theory threads. They rise again, insaner and stupider. 

This is not tinfoil, that’s the problem - tinfoil can be fun! This is yet another hate thread, whose posts are based on fuck all besides the hatred a small and vocal group have for anything Stark-related, even if it’s related by marriage as this very idiotic thread shows. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

20 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

This is not tinfoil, that’s the problem - tinfoil can be fun! This is yet another hate thread, whose posts are based on fuck all besides the hatred a small and vocal group have for anything Stark-related, even if it’s related by marriage as this very idiotic thread shows. 

Distinction noted. Just was poking fun at the silliness of it. Been a couple years since I've been around here regular and yeah, people are still trying to tear down characters that threaten their favorites. 

I know I'm biased when it comes to Sansa, but the "Sansa is Lysa 2.0" arguments make me go insane. Sansa might look at the world through rose-tinted glasses, but at the end of the day she is dutiful like her lady mother and poised like her father. And unlike Lysa, she doesn't trust Littlefinger. She just has nowhere else to go and feels like she can't trust anybody, so she is sticking with him for now.

And Arya is very much like Catelyn. The great part is, neither of them are insane. :) 

7 hours ago, Alester Florent said:

But Cat is insane! And the insanity has been passed on to Jon Snow, who is also insane! Because, er, look over there!

*runs away*

I don't quite understand the whole point of this topic, it is utterly absurd to state there's madness in the house's blood due to such reasons.

I don't know what we expect of people when they see everyone they once loved, slaughtered, dead and gone. When they have no place in the world. No one to trust, no one to love.

This way we can find some certain actions or decisions made by characters and say that madness flows in the blood of every house in the seven kingdoms. 

Oh, Loras slew two of his brothers of the rainbow guard in rage; there must be Tyrell madness.

Quentyn thought he is a dragon tamer and got roasted by a dragon. Martell madness.

Tyrion laughed hysterically when Oberyn was killed by the Mountain, certainly there must be Lannister madness.

Lannister, Greyjoy, houses great and small, we can find madness all over Westeros this way.

Perhaps we can go further and state that madness flows in blood of men (which is true actually :) )

Edited by TheKnightOfTheNorth

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 7:04 PM, Terrorthatflapsinthenight9 said:

I don't know how or why this mad house hasn't been locked already.

Because it's interesting. No reason at all to lock a thread just because you don't like it. 

The Tully sisters went mad and Catelyn passed her genes to her children.  They have the same chances as their mother and their aunt of becoming insane.  Arya is already sick. 

Edited by Sydney Mae

7 hours ago, Sydney Mae said:

No reason at all to lock a thread just because you don't like it. 

Well, my reason is:

7 hours ago, Sydney Mae said:

Because it's interesting.

It's no longer interesting. The playable cards have sat so long on the table they're yellowing. You and your lot have run out of arguments worth addressing, so much that your refutation against locking this thread is the only thing worth replying to.

Unless something new comes up, this thread is worth locking or outright deleted to keep a dead horse dead.

42 minutes ago, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The insanity of the Tully sisters is worthy of discussion because of Arya's own declining mental health. 

Really? If you go mad after I kill your entire family, surely your mother's mad genes are to blame, then.

Like I said. The cards are yellow. The stew is stale. The wine is fucking vinegar. Can the lot of you come up with something new?

Love how the whole Tully bloodline is somehow psychosis waiting in the wings just because Catelyn has a breakdown after her husband, and two sons (from her perspective) are killed, followed shortly by her last surviving son being butchered in front of her in a violation of the most basic and sacred law in their society; but when a Targaryen is just naturally a psycho, it is never their genes at fault but because the maesters poisoned them or something.

Edited by Craving Peaches

I have an essay ready to talk about some of the topics in this thread regarding Arya.  I am waiting for the right time to post the topic for a more thorough discussion and analysis.  It is the second part to

https://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/161430-arya-the-darkheart/#comments

"Arya, the Darkheart essay part 1."  I am thinking of a good title for the new essay.  It is part II. 

I will talk about how George R. R. Martin will more likely than not allow Arya Stark to complete her bloody goal of revenge before she fully goes insane.  I also think Martin will bail Arya out and she will die before completely losing her mind.

On 1/16/2024 at 8:12 PM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

The insanity of the Tully sisters is worthy of discussion because of Arya's own declining mental health. 

The Rickster and his wolf are dangerous too. Rickon will be a wild cannibal if what we know about the people of Skagos is true. 

2 minutes ago, The Commentator said:

Well, Arya might escape a deserved punishment if she were run to the other side of the Wall to live with the Wildlings. She can live out her days until the madness fully takes hold.  

Reading posts like this makes me want the madness to take hold of myself so I don't have to comprehend such idiocy anymore.

On 1/27/2024 at 12:08 PM, The Commentator said:

Well, Arya might escape a deserved punishment if she were run to the other side of the Wall to live with the Wildlings. She can live out her days until the madness fully takes hold.  

Or die very young. Arya’s mental illness is in its early stages and if she dies in the Riverlands before she can get back to Winterfell she may be spared what happened to Cat and Lysa.