Spare a Moment for H&M, Part 3

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I don't see how you could possibly care about the UK press hoodwinking a veteran in order to spread lies about his trainee, and exacerbate that veteran's PTSD, when Meghan Markle has lied about (checks notes) talking to her husband's dead mother at her grave.

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

I don't see how you could possibly care about the UK press hoodwinking a veteran in order to spread lies about his trainee, and exacerbate that veteran's PTSD, when Meghan Markle has lied about (checks notes) talking to her husband's dead mother at her grave.

Didn’t she also accuse people of making racist statements while completely overlooking the fact that they preceded the racist statements with “I’m not racist, but’…?

Just now, James Arryn said:

Didn’t she also accuse people of making racist statements while completely overlooking the fact that they preceded the racist statements with “I’m not racist, but’…?

Probably, her list of monstrous lies is unending. I hear she also lied about having read Finnegan's Wake.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Probably, her list of monstrous lies is unending. I hear she also lied about having read Finnegan's Wake.

Fuck, man, I’ve read a lot of Joyce and I’m not 100% sure I actually read any of them. 

Edited by James Arryn

34 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

Does one read Joyce, or does one rather fully experience it? Potentially in a immersive way, so to speak, with whisky.

Well, that and possibly other things, but mostly the sound of Dylan Moran as my imaginary Joyce narration voice. Thought of that once and it was too late to un-think it or out drink it, so I was done for. Never been able to read Joyce without it since. If I’ve chain-mailed this curse onto you, I apologize.

Meghan Markle clearly lied about 9/11, the JFK assassination, Obama's birth certificate, January 6th, and of course the Suez crisis.  In fact, everything Billy Joel sang about was Meghan Markle's fault.  Source:  Rupert Murdoch.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Meghan Markle clearly lied about 9/11, the JFK assassination, Obama's birth certificate, January 6th, and of course the Suez crisis.  In fact, everything Billy Joel sang about was Meghan Markle's fault.  Source:  Rupert Murdoch.

She kidnapped the Lindbergh baby, Caused the '29 stock market crash, then used her time machine to travel to Calvary 2,000-odd years ago to drive in the nails. Sweet suffering JESUS, SHE DROVE IN THE NAILS!!! 

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Quote the parts behind the paywall please

Sadly, the wall of paying is an obstacle to me too I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Quote the parts behind the paywall please

Waitaminnit. No it isn't.

EXCLUSIVE: ITV CEO Carolyn McCall has said there is “no place on ITV” for Jeremy Clarkson’s Meghan Markle comments and stressed that Who Wants to be a Millionaire? “does not provide a platform for his opinions.”

In a letter sent on December 22 and published for the first time today by Deadline, McCall responded to Scottish lawmaker John Nicolson’s call to drop Clarkson from his Who Wants to be a Millionaire? hosting duties, which Clarkson has been helming for five years. 

“Your concerns are completely understandable,” wrote McCall. “Everyone at ITV is very aware of our responsibilities as a Public Service Broadcaster and I’d like to be clear that the comments made were Jeremy Clarkson’s own and are in no way endorsed by ITV. There is no place on ITV for the comments made in that article.”

Deadline has revealed McCall’s letter as ITV weighs up Clarkson’s future on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?. Only one series – due to be filmed next month and air over the summer – is left on his current contract, although ITV Director of Programs Kevin Lygo said he would continue as host during a press briefing in late December, around the time McCall sent her letter.

The December 16 column, which was retracted by The Sun and is the British newspaper regulator’s most complained-about article of all time, included the former Top Gear host saying he “dreamed of the day when [Markle] is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain while the crowds chant ‘Shame!’,” in a callback to a Game of Thrones scene.

McCall, who hasn’t made any public statements about the former Top Gear host’s column, said Who Wants to be a Millionaire? “is not a platform for [Clarkson’s] opinions,” while stressing that he is not employed by the broadcaster.

Nicolson, who has long campaigned on issues in the UK culture and media space, had written to McCall in the aftermath of the column’s publication with a call to drop Clarkson, whose comments he said went against ITV’s Statement of Programme Policy and Social Purpose Strategy. Around 50 MPs sent a similar open letter to the Rupert Murdoch-owned The Sun on 18 December, which swiftly retracted the column.

As ITV mulls Clarkson’s future, Amazon Prime Video is likely to part ways with the 62-year-old once the current seasons of The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s Farm run down next year, according to a Variety report earlier this week. 

Clarkson issued a lengthy apology for the column on Monday, which was roundly rejected in a statement by Markle and her husband Prince Harry.

The letter in full

Dear Mr Nicolson,

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the comments made by Jeremy Clarkson in his Sun newspaper column.

Your concerns are completely understandable. ITV has no editorial control over Jeremy Clarkson’s independent journalistic output in The Sun or anywhere else he chooses to publish.

Everyone at ITV is very aware of our responsibilities as a Public Service Broadcaster and I’d like to be clear that the comments made were Jeremy Clarkson’s own and are in no way endorsed by ITV. There is no place on ITV for the comments made in that article.

It is also worth adding that Jeremy Clarkson is not an ITV employee and that when he appears on ITV it is as a quiz show host on a show which does not provide a platform for his opinions.

I hope that reassures you about ITV’s position and thank you again for making your concerns known.

Kind regards,

1 hour ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

She kidnapped the Lindbergh baby, Caused the '29 stock market crash, then used her time machine to travel to Calvary 2,000-odd years ago to drive in the nails. Sweet suffering JESUS, SHE DROVE IN THE NAILS!!! 

It was foretold that  Meghan gave herself that we could all live.

Did she not endure the endless suffering of nasty gossip so that we may be forgiven of our sins… sins of not liking her. As she turned her eyes to the sky and said ‘forgive them lord, they know not what they do, they do not understand why I am great’

Did God not send down his angel Meghan to give us a model of perfection, that we might learn from her the ways of pure victimhood.

And lo, shall the blasphemers be cancel-ed, for their wicked ways, for worshipping false gods and not acknowledging 'my truth', they shall be cast down from their positions, never more shall they be able to say 'is that your final answer'. Never more shall anyone question the holiness of the Queen of Our Hearts (pt 2) 

For now that humanity has spurned God’s vision of perfection, are we all not doomed to hellfire and fury? What is our punishment oh lord?? Is this endless Netflix torment what we deserved?? Is this not the worst level of hell??

Edited by Heartofice

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

And lo, shall the blasphemers be cancel-ed, for their wicked ways, for worshipping false gods and not acknowledging 'my truth', they shall be cast down from their positions, never more shall they be able to say 'is that your final answer'. Never more shall anyone question the holiness of the Queen of Our Hearts (pt 2) 

For now that humanity has spurned God’s vision of perfection, are we all not doomed to hellfire and fury? What is our punishment oh lord?? Is this endless Netflix torment what we deserved?? Is this not the worst level of hell??

Not sure what you mean by the "is that your final answer" bit.  Is Meghan preventing you from getting on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or something?

As for her and Harry's Netflix show "tormenting" you, LOL.  Just don't watch.  I haven't.  Hell I haven't been on Netflix since finishing the new season of Crown, which I'm pretty sure happened before all this shit.  I do love how you still feel the need to whine about it though.  Quite revealing - and amusing.

I think the most pathetic thing is not acknowledging that Harry and Meghan clearly, demonstrably are correct that certain outlets are intent on destroying them for their own interests -- and willing to take any statements out of context in order to do so.  

It's a fair point that this has probably become an obsession on Harry's part, devolving into paranoia.  But that doesn't mean he's wrong.  And clearly, he's not.  These fucks did the same thing to his mother, and good for him for fighting back.  Anyone that doesn't see that is incredibly naive.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

I think the most pathetic thing is not acknowledging that Harry and Meghan clearly, demonstrably are correct that certain outlets are intent on destroying them for their own interests -- and willing to take any statements out of context in order to do so.  

I totally accept that Meghan and Harry got bad press, and that this has turned into a bit of a war. Where I diverge from the H&M narrative is that any negative press Meghan got was really not unusual or exceptional.

She is the one who painted herself as a victim of targeted and racial hatred, when unfortunately it happens to every female member entering the royal family. At the same time she has tried to completely change the narrative of reality, doing whirlwind tours telling lie after lie. 

19 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

She is the one who painted herself as a victim of targeted and racial hatred, when unfortunately it happens to every female member entering the royal family. At the same time she has tried to completely change the narrative of reality, doing whirlwind tours telling lie after lie. 

...So, you accept that she had bad press, and this is common for the royal family, but aren't willing to accept that her's may have been accentuated and/or exploited via implicit or even explicit racism?  This position is, again, pathetically naive.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

Not sure what you mean by the "is that your final answer" bit.  Is Meghan preventing you from getting on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire or something?

As for her and Harry's Netflix show "tormenting" you, LOL.  Just don't watch.  I haven't.  Hell I haven't been on Netflix since finishing the new season of Crown, which I'm pretty sure happened before all this shit.  I do love how you still feel the need to whine about it though.  Quite revealing - and amusing.

Ah, so you're a The Crown watcher eh? Hmmm...

how much do you want to be that those guys are furiously rewriting next season to be more harry centric?

-

So, of some to-do takes place within 100 miles of them, and they aren't invited... Um, were they supposed to get an invite? Isn't their community currently being beset by flooding or fires or something?

This is reaching.