Which of the Big Cities would you most want to live in?

Lady Stonehearts Simp

The free cities? Kings Landing? Oldtown? Gulltown? White Harbor? Lannisport?

For me, I’d probably pick Gulltown. I can’t recall ever hearing about anything bad happening in Gulltown. Plus it’s close to the Free Cities so I’d imagine it’s rich with trade and work.

White Harbor would seem good but then Northern winter would hit. Lannisport is probably similar to Gulltown in wealth (richer) but I don’t trust the Lannisters. Oldtown has the Faith, the High Towers, and the Church of Starry Wisdom, so fuck that. And Kings Landing sounds like a truly miserable existence.

20 minutes ago, King Robb of Winterfell said:

Oldtown has the Faith, the High Towers, and the Church of Starry Wisdom, so fuck that.

Also vulnerable to disease outbreaks. I don't mind the Faith or the CoSW though.

21 minutes ago, King Robb of Winterfell said:

For me, I’d probably pick Gulltown. I can’t recall ever hearing about anything bad happening in Gulltown. Plus it’s close to the Free Cities so I’d imagine it’s rich with trade and work.

White Harbor would seem good but then Northern winter would hit.

Good point. I am not a big fan of the cold. Changing my preference to Gulltown.

White Harbour would be nice but for the same reason I wouldn’t want to live in the North, I wouldn’t I’ve there because of the cold.

If I could live in any region, I’d like to move to the Reach but then I would definitely not stay in Oldtown because it’s way too religious.

I agree, I never hear much about Gulltown, so maybe I would choose there! The Vale seems to stay out of most wars as well.

But preferably, I would not live anywhere near a city. I want a peaceful castle surrounded by loyal guards and to stay well out of the wars.

10 minutes ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

White Harbour. The smallest but also the cleanest of the five big cities (far as we know anyway). Plus the Manderlys seem like great overlords.

Perhaps we could be neighbours. :) 

White Harbour for me as well. Anything south of the Neck would be too hot for my taste, except maybe the Eyrie but I don’t like stairs or the idea of being trapped up there; it’s so impregnable you can’t get out either depending on conditions. 

I would rebuild Vaes Tolorro. Could really make something out of that. And no one will attack because it's in the middle of the desert and they think it's a ruin. At the same time you have shade and water. It would be very peaceful too. You can grow fruits there and WE KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IT HAS PEACHES!!! :drool:

White Harbor seems nice.  And it's far enough south with water around it winters might not be too bad.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Braavos.  Judging by Arya's experiences there, it seems like a pretty nice place to live.  Just don't make enemies with lots of spare cash available.

Pentos. 

It's not damp like Bravos. It's not primitive like Westeros . I won't end up a slave if I turn in the wrong ally.

though, it might be chilly up there ... so, on second thoughts , Shadow city? it's got good food... 

9 hours ago, KingStoneheart said:

But preferably, I would not live anywhere near a city. I want a peaceful castle surrounded by loyal guards and to stay well out of the wars.

are we assuming we're rich? 

9 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

except maybe the Eyrie but I don’t like stairs or the idea of being trapped up there; it’s so impregnable you can’t get out either depending on conditions. 

and don't forget the mountain clans ... 

Pentos appealed to me on first read. Seems fairly orderly and prosperous. Could work as a servant. Maybe as a cheese maker! Or do they just deal in cheese, can't remember.

Braavos also seems fairly safe in a harem scarem way. Need to find some kind of niche like Arya has.

Volantis next out of the Free Cities.

White Harbor or Gull Harbor or Lannisport all good choices.

Might be nice living on the Arbor, whether or not there is a town there.

3 hours ago, Raven Princling said:

I'd try to become a maester.

Honestly I’ve never thought about that before, but that’s such a smart move. Maesters tend to be the safest people in Westeros. Unless your castle is taken by a real horrible person, they do tend to respect the chain and keep the Maester there.

I’d ensure that I knew how to fight and of course I would not swear of sex, but what the citadel doesn’t know can’t hurt them

Archived