UFO Wars

Corvinus85

Episode I

The Hovering Menace

I thought it might be a good idea to not clog the Politics thread with anymore shoot downs of UAPs. From that thread, here are some of the posts:

@Parsons

I found a map roughly placing the locations where these objects were shot down, or in the case of the Montana UFO, where it was sighted.

https://www.businessinsider.com/objects-shot-down-over-alaska-canada-ufo-interfered-f22-sensors-2023-2

The Alaska UFO was shot down in far northern Alaska. This is an Alaska population map:

https://www.someka.net/blog/alaska-county-map/

There is no telling where the object was first launched or how long it was airborne. But it was brought down over very a very sparely populated area.

The same holds true for the Yukon UFO.

This is a Canada population map: https://matadornetwork.com/read/mapped-canadas-incredible-population-density/

As you can see the location where it was brought down is sparsely populated.

Because of how far these two objects were from civilization I learn towards these not being pranks unless they were launched by a tribe of sasquatch with a sense of humor. No way to tell for certain, though.

The one brought down today around Lake Huron though was surrounded by population centers. If any of these are a  prank I'd put my money on the Lake Huron UFO being a balloon launched by hoaxsters but there is no way to tell for certain until we get more information.

The question I have though is if the object sighted in Montana on Saturday is the same object that was shot down at Lake Huron on Sunday. Does anyone know if would be possible for a drifting balloon to travel from Montana to the great lakes in that short amount of time? If not then then that would be two separate objects.

@ThinkerX

I can add this tidbit to the mix. Prudhoe Bay, site of one of the largest oil fields in North America and a somewhat surreal industrial site is fairly close to where the 'Alaska Object' was shot down. Likewise, Point Barrow (which has a new name I'm not even going to attempt to spell), the closest thing to an actual US city on the Arctic Coast, is also close by.  Most interesting bit (from pilots posting on Facebook) - the region around Prudhoe Bay is a no-fly zone. Or, at least flights are heavily restricted there.

As of recently, the US officials still claim they don't what the three separate objects shot down over the weekend are, as no debris have been recovered so far. The only thing we know is that the Canadian one was cylindrical and the one over Lake Huron was octagonal. No mention of balloons.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us-china-balloon-dispute-widens-amid-mystery-airspace-intrusions-2023-02-13/

Apparently the reason why this flurry of aerial kills happened has to do with adjustments made to radar detections.

Closer scrutiny of airspace may partially explain the increase in objects detected. U.S. officials told Reuters that the military has been adjusting how it examines radar data, allowing it to spot smaller, slower-moving items.

From the same article, on China's side, they've now accused the U.S. of sending balloons their way.

Earlier on Monday, China widened its dispute with the United States over aerial surveillance, claiming that U.S. high-altitude balloons had flown over its airspace without permission more than 10 times since the beginning of 2022. The White House denied the assertion.

The NORAD commander, Gen. Glen VanHerck, has said that so far he can't rule anything out when asked if these may be ET's, but that he'll let the intelligence services figure it out.

My personal take right now is that these UFOs/UAPs behave differently from the myriad of pilot-witnessed objects, which typically seemed to defy physics. These, OTOH, were slow moving objects, mostly hovering. The one that got shot down over Yukon had been tracked as it left Alaskan airspace and went over Canada. But the lack of mention of balloons is puzzling. I'm not sure what kind of drones could be operating at 40k or more feet and just hover that high. (The one over Lake Huron was only at about 20k ft and was shot down by F-16s) The pilots who first tracked the Alaskan object had conflicting accounts, with one pilot claiming electronics problems onboard his plane. 

So I don't know, if it's aliens either we finally got better radars or their pilots got drunk and forgot to turn on the cloaking devices. :D

Most definitely a CIA psyop.

What is the 'feared' Project Blue Beam and why aliens and NASA could be involved

Social media has been taken over by talk of something known as Project Blue Beam.

The bizarre theory – which has never been proven – claims that NASA and other US secret agents from the Pentagon teamed up to create a project creating fear and panic within the public, and to “turn them against religion”.

Using giant laser beam projections, it is thought that hyper-real giant alien space craft or even space-like beasts would be projected into the sky to create the illusion that an invasion is underway.

"Space-like beasts." :lol:

3 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Apparently it took two tries to down the object over Lake Huron. The first Sidewinder missed the target, unclear as to why, but at least it landed harmlessly. 

That’s hilarious! For the rest of his life that pilot’s friends are going to razz him about being so incompetent he couldn’t hit an unarmed balloon with a sidewinder missile, replacing “he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn” as the worst insult ever. 

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

That’s hilarious! For the rest of his life that pilot’s friends are going to razz him about being so incompetent he couldn’t hit an unarmed balloon with a sidewinder missile, replacing “he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn” as the worst insult ever. 

Possibly, but these things are small, probably not much bigger than the Sidewinders themselves, and missiles are not fantastic at hitting very small targets that are not emitting something to draw them in via IR or radio-guided.

3 hours ago, Werthead said:

Possibly, but these things are small, probably not much bigger than the Sidewinders themselves, and missiles are not fantastic at hitting very small targets that are not emitting something to draw them in via IR or radio-guided.

My brother said “such old technology, no wonder he missed”.

But still, he won’t live it down.

I’ve never been a UFO guy, but I’m super interested to find out what this is. If the administration was hoping to tamp down on conspiracy theories by giving some of the briefings and press conferences I’ve seen the last couple of days, they have failed miserably.

The Chinese balloon is pretty straightforward but the other 3 are really confusing. You’ve got government spokespeople using terms like ‘no visible means of propulsion’ and ‘cylindrical’ or ‘octagonal’ in shape, ‘metallic’ in appearance. This is similar terminology from the 2017 NYT story on military encounters with UAP.

So 6 years ago we publicly acknowledge the existence of aerial phenomenon that we can’t explain and don’t understand. This past week we shot down 3 unknown objects that we don’t know what they are, who they belong to, or how they got there. They’ve been there for a ‘long time’ according to one senator who was briefed today. Oh and, also, we can’t find any of the debris.

Dude. 

I couldn’t invent a more fertile ground for conspiracy theories if I tried.

Eh. 

I find if awfully hard to think these ET artifacts.  If you're capable of interstellar travel then you're already capable of being in orbit.  

This is all a distraction from Biden's latest corruption allegation, chemical spills, pipeline sabotages or Putin's latest crushing defeat in Ukraine.

Shiny!

4 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Eh. 

I find if awfully hard to think these ET artifacts.  If you're capable of interstellar travel then you're already capable of being in orbit.  

This is all a distraction from Biden's latest corruption allegation, chemical spills, pipeline sabotages or Putin's latest crushing defeat in Ukraine.

Shiny!

I do think the most likely thing is a mundane explanation, I’m saying the messaging has been terrible and leaves the door wide open for all kinds of speculation.

The distraction angle is in itself is an example of conspiratorial thinking. 

So if I understand you, we both think this is some sort of entirely terrestrial event.

But when I say it's a distraction, you think it's just incompetence.   Far as I can tell, we're on the same page up to that.

I just find it hard to believe that a media that has been attached at the hip to the surveillance state is going to get something so wrong.  Corporate owned media coordinate with government and intelligence agencies about messaging literally all of the time.  Not like literally for emphasis, but actually all of the time. Narrow power centers have to ally with each other against the regular folk.

Romania detected a mysterious balloon in its airspace.

A suspicious aerial object looking like a weather balloon has been spotted flying in Romania's airspace.

The country's air force scrambled two MiG 21 LanceR jets to the area in the southeast 10 minutes after its surveillance system detected the object, but they were unable to confirm its presence, the defence ministry said.

The ministry said the balloon was flying at an altitude of 11,000m.

@Luzifer's right hand ------------------------ ^^^ what do you have to say now?

There are many times I fall asleep listening to the Kentucky basketball postgame show on AM radio... 

This time when I wake up at 1:30 in the morning and Coast to Coast is on the air, I'll have to actually pay attention! :lol: 

7 hours ago, Rhom said:

There are many times I fall asleep listening to the Kentucky basketball postgame show on AM radio... 

This time when I wake up at 1:30 in the morning and Coast to Coast is on the air, I'll have to actually pay attention! :lol: 

In my college days I did a lot of driving between my home town, my college town, and my girlfriend's town. Depending on which side of that triangle, it was three to seven hours; I did a lot of that at night. I freakin' loved listening to Coast to Coast if I was on the road super late. It's just perfect to tune into while it's just you and the odd semi every hill or two.

So I was driving north the other day. For Hufflepuff concerns that the rest of you need not trouble yourselves with. 

Anyway. I'm listening to Ava Max. Spoilin' to spend my allowance on Hufflepuff stuff. Y'know. Millennial stuff. 

And there was like this train of blue lights moving very quickly and shockingly low like perpendicular to my direction of travel. It was trippy yo. Like, I ain't never seen nothing like it. And I'm the secret survivor of Danny Boyle's Sunshine... not of the mission, in the film... I'm the only survivor of the production cast. Ironically enough for a set making Sunshine. It got so dark by the end... so dark

Anyway seriously, it was like this train of blue lights moving like lower than cruising altitude for a jet. At least that's what it looked like. And as it was getting closer I was like trying to watch this shit without driving off the interstate, because I don't have a self-driving horse. And I wanna be clear. I'M NOT CRAZY. (I'm a little crazy) 

But, y'know. You guys have met me. Digital me, anyway. I talk a lot of shit. I'm not saying I THOUGHT Elon or Jeff had finally had enough. That I'd done talked too much and this was this. I'm saying I thought about thinking it. :P 

And I was watching these things kinda hoping/wondering if it was some kinda low-flying jet or helicopter procession. And then they all just shot straight up into the sky. It was wild! Never seen nothin like it. And I'm a secret survivor of Jeff Probst's SURVIVOR... Not the show... His Football Survivor Pool. The debauch! The unmitigated horrors!  

Anyways, I saw that. It was totally a UFO(s). 

-Unidentified Flying Object(s)-

Unidentified 'cause I didn't know what the fuck it was. And for technical reasons I am like 98% sure that I HAVE mobile data on my phone but can't seem to turn it on... So I couldn't google what I'd just seen until I got home a few hours later. 

Flying 'cause it was fucking flying 

Objects because I'm just assuming. Is light an object? Is an atom? 

That happened. And when I got home I googled the phenomenon and saw that it matches the description of some SpaceX techniques for satellites or somesuchness that is beyond me entirely but seems pretty cool. 

Huzzah 

Looks like there may be some answers.... seems an amateur balloon society in Illinois lost track of one of their balloons not that far from where the Alaska object was shot down. It's apparently been floating around for a good four months. (FOX is already calling Biden a flaming idiot for using a $200,000 missile to shoot down a $12 science project, but that's another article). Likely the other two downed UFO's have similar histories...

Anyhow...

Answers slowly emerge on Chinese spy balloon, other UFOs. What we know (msn.com)

An amateur balloonists club based in Illinois says one of its balloons last reported its location over Alaska on Saturday before going "missing in action" — the same day an unidentified object was shot down by the U.S. military in the same area. 

“Pico Balloon K9YO last reported on February 11th at 00:48 zulu near Hagemeister Island after 123 days and 18 hours of flight,” reads a Feb. 14 blog post by the Northern Illinois Bottlecap Balloon Brigade (NIBBB).

The group did not connect the two incidents in its post. Aviation Week first reported a possible connection.

NIBBB did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment. 

Archived