2024 Calendar Art - Images from Winds

Just noticed that the pre-order page of the upcoming ASOIAF calendar for 2024 has some preview images.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0593359739?tag=westeros-21&keywords=2024 a song of ice and fire calendar&geniuslink=true

One is an image of Daenerys with Drogon from the end of A Dance with Dragons. The other two seem to be from Winds.

The front cover image seems to depict Lyanna balancing on the weirwood tree's roots while Rhaeagar looks on.

The other is one I haven't seen discussed yet, one of a bearded warrior standing on a snowy mountain side fighting off the Others mounted on ice spiders with a double-handed sword.

Any thoughts about the two images supposedly from Winds?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2023 at 2:10 PM, Casso, King of the Seals said:

The other is one I haven't seen discussed yet, one of a bearded warrior standing on a snowy mountain side fighting off the Others mounted on ice spiders with a double-handed sword.

Any thoughts about the two images supposedly from Winds?

Far as I know there is only 1 Valyrian Steel greatsword available.  It's long been my feeling that Jorah Mormont would wield Heartsbane in the battle for Dawn.  A beard covering his tattoos is a neat way to obscure his identity.  Whomever this is he does appear to be an old man.  Then again, it could be a depiction from the original Long Night.  Won't know until we can read the little description at the bottom.   Very cool either way.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 2:46 PM, BlackLightning said:

Interesting

Those two scenes definitely have got to be from Winds. It probably means we are closer to a Winds release than we think.

Your optimism is inspiring. I hope you are correct.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 8:52 AM, Curled Finger said:

Far as I know there is only 1 Valyrian Steel greatsword available.  It's long been my feeling that Jorah Mormont would wield Heartsbane in the battle for Dawn.  A beard covering his tattoos is a neat way to obscure his identity.  Whomever this is he does appear to be an old man.  Then again, it could be a depiction from the original Long Night.  Won't know until we can read the little description at the bottom.   Very cool either way.  

I'm thinking it's Benjen Stark

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 11:36 PM, Ran said:

Looks like we'll hear more of the Last Hero.

Yes. My calendar arrived today. It's the last hero battling ice spiders with Others... we see the Other's arms, the spider legs, but no legs for the Others. They seem to grow out of the ice spiders ;)

The subjects of the calendar

• january : Coldhands ... nice detail: black hands/skin no gloves. I like that he isn't depicted with blue glowing hands or eyes ('cause Coldhands doesn't have those!)
  • February: Bloodraven in the tree with Leaf
  • March: the Grey King with his mermaid wife
  • April: Shiera Seastar taking a beauty bath in blood
  • May: Lyanna balancing on ww tree root, Rhaegar looking on and blue roses
  • June: A near naked Mad King on the IT (almost like a cradle) surrounded by hostile ghosts reaching for him
  • July: (quote about Bael at Stark's court), but the bard seems just a southern bard (too rich in dress), and the king has a green robe with a crown with a green gem (doesn't match the stark crown) on a plain wooden throne. The wife standing beside him might be a Tully (blue red dress). Courtiers wear more byzantine like robes and the dancer is very light dressed (for summer).
  • August: Dany with Drogon on Dragonstone in the grasslands. Focus is more on Drogon who stands like a statue from Dragonstone almost
  • September: Sandor Clegane (really love this one)
  • October: last hero vs ice-spider-Others
  • November: Mel walking on the Wall with naked hands and ruby around her throat
  • December: Mance (with red silk in cloak and raven plume strung in hair) with the giants on Mammoths
  • centerfold: Rhaenys on Meraxes for a fun fly
Edited by sweetsunray
Wasn't Jon, but Mance... took a pic to zoom in and check colours better

The bard scene is both intruiging but I cannot place it well. Aside from the king, the courtiers most people look just very sad. The woman dancing (with bells in her hair) is sad. There's a boy on the steps, looking miserable. Not sure whether he's a fool. There's also some ominous man with a cowl behind the king in the shadows (a FM?). It's supposed to be a feast, but most participants appear sad. There are two guards with pointy helms with protection for the nose, one with a longsword, the other with a poleaxe. No maester with chain.

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2023 at 3:49 PM, sweetsunray said:

The subjects of the calendar

• July: (quote about Bael at Stark's court), but the bard seems just a southern bard (too rich in dress), and the king has a green robe with a crown with a green gem (doesn't match the stark crown) on a plain wooden throne. The wife standing beside him might be a Tully (blue red dress). Courtiers wear more byzantine like robes and the dancer is very light dressed (for summer).

July baby :wub: I'll have to order my calendar soon because this one sounds lovely. Would this be a king of House Mudd? Their sigil was a golden crown studded with emeralds on a red-brown field.

5 hours ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

July baby :wub: I'll have to order my calendar soon because this one sounds lovely. Would this be a king of House Mudd? Their sigil was a golden crown studded with emeralds on a red-brown field.

Apparently it is supposed to be Bael at the Stark court. :dunno:

• 5 months later...