Diablo 4

Relic

4 minutes ago, JGP said:

Totally interested. Kind of distracted right now with an unwell kiddo but down for later tonight/this weekend. 

[I also intend on swapping out the Aspects of the Unique ring (I generate lots of resource) and the Dust Devil weapon effect once I get better quality gear for those slots]

edit: batteltag is Hagakure#1627, though I'm always set to Show as Offline lol

Alright I sent you a request I'm hypnogoat#whatever. Hope your kid feels better!

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

@Tywin et al. Flawless gems are now craftable for me, I assume level 60 is the barrier. I didn't realize combining them cost money though! I did all mine and am almost broke now. 

Lol, I did that once I could just make regular ones. I think I have about $1.5M in the chest now. I'm pretty stacked up on gear for the windy/pets build even though I want to switch to the bear.

I must just be progressing in the story than others. Today I had 13 blue quests and got it down to 7 while completing some more (and a ton of those timed quests whatever they are). I also cleaned out huge parts of the map, but there are a few areas I can't enter. I'm in A5 so I have to be close to the end of this part of the game.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol, I did that once I could just make regular ones. I think I have about $1.5M in the chest now. I'm pretty stacked up on gear for the windy/pets build even though I want to switch to the bear.

I must just be progressing in the story than others. Today I had 13 blue quests and got it down to 7 while completing some more (and a ton of those timed quests whatever they are). I also cleaned out huge parts of the map, but there are a few areas I can't enter. I'm in A5 so I have to be close to the end of this part of the game.

You're close enough, I feel lke you should join us for our ill-advised nightmare capstone expedition tomorrow. One more minion can only help. 

What platforms are you guys playing it on? I've played the first 3 games on PC but at this point I'd rather play it on PS4. Any differences in PC vs console?

PC for me. 

Oh, and I got a sacred aspect [weapon] late last night that upped the Thorns during Berserking from 655 to over 2k. And I was opening a few areas and found a dungeon that granted another that in my 2H gives a 40% chance that when an enemy is hit by my Thorns it'll also hit enemies surrounding me. It's kind of fun not googling everything, the nice surprises.

And hey Treb, hope you're well. :)

Edited by JGP

PC as well. Diablo games in general seem like they'd be harder on a PlayStation/Xbox.

Btw, my PS4 as been acting up. Is it worth upgrading to the 5 now that the prices seem to have come back down? I don't actually play many games, but the PS4 has been great for streaming shit over the years. 

Diablo 4 wasn't too bad on console. It's mostly okay, though it's better if you're playing something melee instead of something ranged, as it's harder to sit still via ranged. Skill wise it's actually kind of better to use. 

Necro was...not fun at all with corpse explosion and summon having to target corpses. 

I will say it's not nearly as awesome as D3 was without the dodge roll. The dodge in this game is much worse.

8 hours ago, Trebla said:

What platforms are you guys playing it on? I've played the first 3 games on PC but at this point I'd rather play it on PS4. Any differences in PC vs console?

PC for me, but play with a controller.  I do like that cross play is just automatically on

1 hour ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

Necro was...not fun at all with corpse explosion and summon having to target corpses. 

Huh. I don't use corpse explosion but playing with a controller on PC the summmoning is no problem. 

Well having the game for less than a week, I am starting to think it is not for me.  I play games only with hardcore mode activated, and, well after a few rounds of learning new mechanics, I've reset three times in a row at level ~15 due to running into the Butcher. Even with the Sorcerer's teleport, I wasnt able to escape.  Compared to D3 where I was able to beat the campaign with some grinding and cautiousness, this is a bit of a let down.

26 minutes ago, horangi said:

Well having the game for less than a week, I am starting to think it is not for me.  I play games only with hardcore mode activated, and, well after a few rounds of learning new mechanics, I've reset three times in a row at level ~15 due to running into the Butcher. Even with the Sorcerer's teleport, I wasnt able to escape.  Compared to D3 where I was able to beat the campaign with some grinding and cautiousness, this is a bit of a let down.

that's some bad luck right there. ive only seen him twice across 90+ character levels (between 3 diff toons)

Beat the campaign. Pretty action-packed finale, while also having an interminable amount of wasted travel time in general. Pretty silly to have a Diablo game where you go several minutes between killing demons. But now that I'm free to roam around and work toward level 50, I'm enjoying the freedom. I'm not seeing the endgame carrot-on-a-stick that'll keep me at this game for many hundreds of hours, but perhaps once I'm deep staring at a Paragon board I'll be more locked in.

Yeah, that's one of my biggest complaints at least playing around and doing questing - it feels like there's a LOT of travel time instead of a lot of stabbing things in the face time. Maybe that makes sense when you've got your horse, but the game doesn't particularly channel you into doing the main questline and the monster density and variety is...not awesome. 

Maybe it gets better? But in Act 1 the combination of a few undead things, a few vampire things, a few werewolf things and the occasional couple of demon things is kind of boring. I remember genuinely fearing for my life against some of the more interesting mobs in D3, especially in the last dungeon. That hasn't happened yet. 

I don’t remember D3 having not played it that much and I think all before the rework but I have played D2 and D2R a lot. This game to me is considerably harder than D2. I’ve played a werebear to 36 and a twisting blades rogue to about 30. I’ve died a lot more times than I did in D2. Rogues are very glass cannons and there are enemies who can one shot you. My bear obviously is much tougher and usually dies if I get too swarmed since I don’t have the mobility cooldowns so if they get through my fortify and cooldowns things can get rough.

I do agree there is a lack of monster variety and especially lack of boss variety in dungeons. Even if they reused attack sets I would have preferred them to reskin monsters and give them more flavor. One thing D2 does better is that bosses have a better lead up and seem cooler. I also am a decent way through the story and keep fighting corrupted humans and not actual demons. I suspect that will change but kinda odd. I agree we can have a better variety in monster density.

Edited by Arakasi

6 hours ago, Kalnak the Magnificent said:

I remember genuinely fearing for my life against some of the more interesting mobs in D3, especially in the last dungeon. That hasn't happened yet. 

If you want fear, try doing the capstone dungeon underleveled... I ran out of there real quick. 

Getting from world tier III to IV is starting to feel like a bit of a slog. III is easy enough that 90% of encounters just aren't challenging, but the road to IV is currently impossible. It doesn't help that I keep getting uniques that center on skills I don't use. legendries also seem to still be often dropping at level 40-something when I'm at 63. So it doesn't really feel like my character is improving anymore.

I know it was a controversial feature, but I miss the auction house!