Star Trek: I miss Hemmer (spoilers)

Ser Scot A Ellison

Good news indeed. Props to the fans, who petitioned for saving Prodigy online (I myself was part of one that I know had tens of thousands of signatories at the very least, which makes a difference).

Regarding the lates LD episode, personally was not a big fan. Seemed a bit disjointed where our trusty LG officers didnt do much of anything. 

1 hour ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Good news indeed. Props to the fans, who petitioned for saving Prodigy online (I myself was part of one that I know had tens of thousands of signatories at the very least, which makes a difference).

Regarding the lates LD episode, personally was not a big fan. Seemed a bit disjointed where our trusty LG officers didnt do much of anything. 

Call me crazy (and I love Lower Decks) but it feels a little rudderless this season.

14 hours ago, Denvek said:

Yeah, this one felt like they wanted to get Peanut Hamper and Jeffrey Coombs back but couldn’t really work out how to do it seamlessly.

Well obviously you can't cast Jeffrey Coombs in another role because that would just confuse Star Trek fans!

On 10/13/2023 at 9:02 PM, Denvek said:

Yeah, this one felt like they wanted to get Peanut Hamper and Jeffrey Coombs back but couldn’t really work out how to do it seamlessly.

Their part was fine (the evil-AI group therapy was quite funny), but the other part of the episode (Badgey) didn't go over quite as well. Overall I agree that after the strong first 2 episodes, the rest of the season is a bit so-so. I hope the resolution for the mysterious ship will be good, at least.

21 hours ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Episode 8 was a cute one, but I dont think they sold the premise of the 4 friends drifting apart or having a falling out particularly seriously. More T'Lyn un the last two episodes would be nice (just to see how she's doing after her mental breakdown, of course)

It felt like a “clip show”…

1 hour ago, Rippounet said:

The episode felt meta in a Rick & Morty kind of way, in that it introduced an in-world faction (Vendorians) that can now be blamed for any situation that feels a bit contrived.

Vendorians are pre-existing from TAS

6 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That… was a good episode.  I knew Mariner had PTSD.  It explains so much.  I enjoyed the return of the obscure TNG character.

:) 

Not just an obscure character, but getting the proper actor to voice him...where they go with it, that'll be fun.

We're we already aware of some of that Mariner back story? Or was that all kind of sudden? I can't remember. The episode as a whole had some seemingly convenient convergences, but at the same time, pulling threads from all kinds of Trek history/Canon. I liked it a lot.