Football - Trouncing Matilda's.

BigFatCoward

Going to go out on a limb and say we thrash the Aussies', they've been on a good run (retaining the Ashes in a most flukey manner then winning the Netball world cup), but i think they might have reached their limit, whereas England have been winning while playing pretty poorly. 

re female goalkeepers from previous thread, I'm not sure that lack of/outdated training covers it.  Every goalkeeper I played with up to age 18 had basically no training other than playing football, none of them would have lasted making some of the comical howlers you see regularly, i could pick anyone of them and put them next to the best keepers in the world cup and be confident they would be significantly better.  

It's not even the complicated stuff, its basics like positioning, decision making, actually stopping the ball when its right there next to them.  I don't understand how they can be so utterly terrible. 

I have no idea what Man Utd are playing at with Maguire, but its pretty funny. 

Man City losing de Bruyne definitely brings them back into the pack a little bit, they have definitely lost more than they have gained this summer. 

In other news 'Newcastle United have announced Saudi Arabia will play two international friendly matches against South Korea and Costa Rica at St James’ Park on September 8 and 12'. YAK. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

11 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

It sounds like United accepted West Ham's offer, but Maguire has decided he doesn't want to go. Hopefully Southgate drops him from the England squad, given his complete lack of interest in playing matches.

I think it was more Maguire wasn’t willing to take a pay cut to go to West Ham by the sound of it.

Southgate would never do that. Kalvin Phillips plays even less than Maguire does (around one-third the minutes Maguire got last season) and still retains his place.

Also Ten Hag may have had something to do with Maguire making a U-turn. His press conference before Wolves was a weird one where he basically implied that Maguire moving to West Ham would be taking the easy way out and show that he's not confident enough to fight for a place at United.

ETA. rest of post

But: #Ortega is the main priority now. If this transfer doesn't work out, De Gea could be finalized soon

Edited by Consigliere