Football - Never Say Die!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

10 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

that he was still developing as a player in general when you got him. 

So is Havertz.

Contrary to posts here, Havertz had two fairly okay games for us and a couple of not great ones.

People are getting on his back way too much given that he's only played a few games for us.

It was the same with Viera last season. I'm pretty serene about it because I'm sure Viera will also get his chance.

Edited by Raja

45 minutes ago, Raja said:

So is Havertz.

Contrary to posts here, Havertz had two fairly okay games for us and a couple of not great ones.

People are getting on his back way too much given that he's only played a few games for us.

It was the same with Viera last season. I'm pretty serene about it because I'm sure Viera will also get his chance.

Right. Havertz is only 24 and has spent last 3 years at Chelsea playing on a shit team with mediocre managers. He’s still developing. I’m actually more worried about Saka’s start. He was at fault for both of Fulham’s goals last week and had a fairly poor game in final third this week. Needs to get his shit together (he will be fine, just stars need to be better).

Edited by Mexal

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Credit to Xabi Alonso, what a start by Leverkusen, top of the Bundesliga! :o

4 games, 4 wins

19 goals scored

3 goals conceded

That what I keep telling you lot for the past 3 or so pages. Leverkusen is playing genuinely good Guardiola ball with Xhaka as the centre piece dictating play like, well, Xabi Alonso in his playing days, and he still roughs up other players while doine so. And with Boniface they have apparently added a tall, strong and quick CF, who can score goals. The € 20m they paid for him look like a proper bargain, esp. when you look at what other clubs spent. That guy is looking like a Nigerian Yeboah (yes, wanted to mention old Tony, since his name came up earlier in the thread).

Who knows?

His first job at senior level and this is now his first full season. Leverkusen as a team sorta have a history of looking good for stretches, only to then flame out. Whe he came in last season first priority was fixing the defense as they were leaking goals left and right. What they are playing now is aparently the football he wants to play.

And like I said, Leverkusen are playing Guardiola ball, not Klopp ball. I think it was against Gladbach, where they had over 20 touches among them before they finished off that move for the 1-0 (final score 3-0). If you can find the extended highlights somewhere, you can thank me later. They are genuinely fun to watch thus far (if you like that ball moving football).

Edit anyway. They play Bayern next. That should give some idea, how good they really are atm.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

In other Bundesliga news Xavi Simons continues to ball out and I still don't understand what the fuck PSG are doing with him. Is it because Mbappe won't allow a talent of that level to break into the team while he's there so they're waiting for him to fuck off out of it before integrating Simons? In light of the players they've lost it's a baffling choice. 

Jordan Henderson’s interview with the Athletic isn’t the most convincing as attempts to redeem his image go. If you’re going to sell out your principles maybe just accept that the people you’re selling out might not have a positive opinion of you and sit back and count your money.

WRT to Anthony.

United can't even time the revelation of their players being cunts right.

Had the story broke a few weeks earlier they could have used Anthony to distract from them bringing back Greenwood, or more likely they could have used Greenwood to distract from Anthony.

Now Greenwood's gone, Anthony is a known cunt and it only distracts from Sancho ruing the day he left Dortmund. Which we all knew anyway.

14 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

WRT to Anthony.

United can't even time the revelation of their players being cunts right.

Had the story broke a few weeks earlier they could have used Anthony to distract from them bringing back Greenwood, or more likely they could have used Greenwood to distract from Anthony.

Now Greenwood's gone, Anthony is a known cunt and it only distracts from Sancho ruing the day he left Dortmund. Which we all knew anyway.

It did come up earlier though. I posted it three months ago. This was the source:

Edited by The Sunland Lord

Jordan Henderson speaks for the first time. 

He says his going to Saudi might end up being a good thing for Saudi LGBT rights. 

He also says money wasn't the main motivator for his move. 

Oh, fuck off. 

Edited by Spockydog

The england set up must really not like Ben White :lol:

I know there was some sort of disagreement during the WC, but he's a cut above some of the CBs called up.

Surprised to see eddie get a call up, but he's really worked hard and been good for us the last 6 months