Football - Never Say Die!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Well, at least we avoided an embarrassing scoreline. I was fully expecting this game to be an exercise in damage limitation. Extremely concerning how easily we're conceding goals though. Last season we imploded in a few games but were defensively solid for the most part and kept a good number of clean sheets. That defensive solidity has vanished this season. It's really starting to look like another 2021/2022 disaster class.

Always said etc etc

15 hours ago, Consigliere said:

Last season we imploded in a few games but were defensively solid for the most part and kept a good number of clean sheets. That defensive solidity has vanished this season.

People have been pointing out this week that we keep conceding basically the same goal- a wide player gets in behind the full-back and has space to pick a cutback into the middle, and that cutback is met by an advancing player from midfield our own midfielders have lost track of. Their second goal yesterday was basically a variation on that same theme. 

I guess this belong here until the subject gets its own thread. Please believe me when I say they're coming for everyone's shit.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/38457576/mohammed-bin-salman-says-saudis-continue-sportwashing

At least BFC will be happy.