The Rich and Powerful Who Abuse the System: the contempt topic

polishgenius

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Partner and I,mentioning this last night, had some words as to the whys and wherefores that only JEpstein and partner Maxwell, have been punished and have suffered some serious consequences for their crimes and sins -- while the multitudes of others in his orbit, who particupated doubtless, and who have committed many other kinds of heinous sins and crimes, such as o say, tRump, have suffered nothing at all.  So far.  Except losing an election.

Of course, there's Giulinani ... one might blame that on him being a poverty stricken clown (the poverty, if he is indeed broke, all on him ... hmmm maybe the clown part too) -- but tRump, for instance, is at least as much of a clown, so dunno.

Yeah, I find it very disheartening to think that none of these disgusting people are going to face any consequences at all for their truly appallingly gross and criminal behaviour. Paedo Prince Andrew was at Charles’s coronation, giving no fucks at all about anything. 

27 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I know! WTAF. 

On paper it seems like the most obvious flip ever. She grew up super wealthy and lived a luxuries life that was easy and one big, never ending party. Now she's 61 and probably won't get out of jail until she's in her mid-70s. She has literally every name of value in Epstein's orbit and the things they did. Presidents, royalty, titans of industry, etc. Her black book might be the most shocking ever. If she wrote a tell all book it would blow Harry's out of the water. But she's not telling. I don't understand why. She probably could have gotten a really good plea deal and been back to the party in a few years while serving it out at club fed. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

On paper it seems like the most obvious flip ever. She grew up super wealth and lived a luxuries life that was easy and one big, never ending party. Now she's 61 and probably won't get out of jail until she's in her mid-70s. She has literally every name of value in Epstein's orbit and the things they did. Presidents, royalty, titans of industry, etc. Her black book might be the most shocking ever. If she wrote a tell all book it would blow Harry's out of the water. But she's not telling. I don't understand why. She probably could have gotten a really good plea deal and been back to the party in a few years while serving it out at club fed. 

Yes to all of this. It’s puzzling imo. Even if it’s due to some misguided sense of loyalty to that creep, he’s dead, he won’t care! Could it be that she feels such deep shame for things she’s done herself? The latter is the only explanation that kind of makes some sense to me, but I’m sceptical that someone who’s probably done some pretty horrible things suddenly “sees the light” and feels shame. 

She's probably terrified. There are some people you just can't spill the beans on, because nothing in the world can protect you or your family from them. She probably knows too much about too many people like that.
Also, rather than loyalty to Epstein, she may still have some loyalty to her caste. And she knows as long as she remains quiet she'll get a very nice prison cell at worst, and a form of house arrest in a few years at best.

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Tbf that was discussed a bit earlier in the topic but also I have to defend myself coz my original title was much more succinct but people objected. 

Maybe if there is a second thread the title could include something along the lines of "abuse, it's a feature not a bug."

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Danish workers join Sweden irt Tesla:

The greatest fear of the billionaire / ruling class is that the masses wake up and realise they actually have all the power and they get sufficiently organised to use it. 

Just now, The Anti-Targ said:

The greatest fear of the billionaire / ruling class is that the masses wake up and realise they actually have all the power and they get sufficiently organised to use it. 

Exactly! The whole world should take industrial action and make everything come to a screeching halt. Then we take it from there. 

The problem is, every time it's happened in the past it's lead to self-serving people who are no better than the ones that were cast aside in control, so the ordinary folks just get screwed by a different master. The important thing for an enduring... I'll say transformation rather than revolution... is to not fall for charismatic individuals who cast themselves as the hero-saviour of the common people.

19 hours ago, Rippounet said:

she'll get a very nice prison cell at worst,

She has been convicted.  She is in prison, and it is not a nice one at all, nor is that jail cell and all that goes with it, including the food and privileges.

It was the same with Epstein, who somehow managed to hang himself nevertheless.  That latter bit, that Epstein 'hung himself' has more to do with her silence one may speculate, than anything else.

48 minutes ago, Zorral said:

She has been convicted.  She is in prison, and it is not a nice one at all, nor is that jail cell and all that goes with it, including the food and privileges.

You sure about that? She was held at MDC Brooklyn for a while, but the internet tells me sh's now held at FCI Tallahassee, which is a low security prison. I dunno how nice her cell is, but with her profile and wealth I'd be surprised if she led the life of an ordinar inmate for very long.

Maxwell had, by many accounts, a screwed up childhood. She supposedly had a close but dysfunctional relationship with her father, a domineering and very successful crooked businessman who ultimately killed himself (probably) when his frauds began to catch up with him. This may well be a factor in her behaviour.

1 hour ago, Rippounet said:

You sure about that? She was held at MDC Brooklyn for a while, but the internet tells me sh's now held at FCI Tallahassee, which is a low security prison. I dunno how nice her cell is, but with her profile and wealth I'd be surprised if she led the life of an ordinar inmate for very long.

She's fallen off the local news radars, so I haven't bothered keeping up.  The last I've seen is

Nov 26, 2023
Inmates at Ghislaine Maxwell's prison are plugging leaks with tampons and eating moldy food

https://www.insider.com/inside-florida-prison-ghislaine-maxwell-moldy-food-rodents-2023-11

The last I'd seen in the local media was her wanting different conditions and food:

Published May 31, 2023
Updated June 1, 2023, 7:18 p.m

https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/ghislaine-maxwell-fears-retaliation-after-snitching-on-2-inmates/

23 hours ago, Rippounet said:

She's probably terrified. There are some people you just can't spill the beans on, because nothing in the world can protect you or your family from them. She probably knows too much about too many people like that.
Also, rather than loyalty to Epstein, she may still have some loyalty to her caste. And she knows as long as she remains quiet she'll get a very nice prison cell at worst, and a form of house arrest in a few years at best.

Also, we pretty much already know the names of entire Epstein's circle. We have the flight logs, we have scans of both of his black books with names, we have the photos and videos of people hanging out with him. What happened to them? Nothing. A few of them suffered some mild embarrassment, Prince Andrew had his royal title withdrawn or whatever.

The whole thing has faded from public memory to the point where, if you talk about Epstein and his "black books" too much in public, you'll be labelled a conspiracy nut. Despite the fact they are real documents that actually exist and that anyone can read on his Wikipedia page.

Edited by Gorn

5 hours ago, Zorral said:

She's fallen off the local news radars, so I haven't bothered keeping up.  The last I've seen is

Nov 26, 2023
Inmates at Ghislaine Maxwell's prison are plugging leaks with tampons and eating moldy food

https://www.insider.com/inside-florida-prison-ghislaine-maxwell-moldy-food-rodents-2023-11

The last I'd seen in the local media was her wanting different conditions and food:

Published May 31, 2023
Updated June 1, 2023, 7:18 p.m

https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/ghislaine-maxwell-fears-retaliation-after-snitching-on-2-inmates/

If true, those are some truly disgusting prison conditions and no one should be subject to such gross living environments. Prisons perhaps shouldn't be holiday resorts paid out of the public purse, but there is surely a middle ground where even the worst of criminals can live with a modicum of decency.

7 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

If true, those are some truly disgusting prison conditions and no one should be subject to such gross living environments. Prisons perhaps shouldn't be holiday resorts paid out of the public purse, but there is surely a middle ground where even the worst of criminals can live with a modicum of decency.

Welcome to the USA.  This is far, far, far, from the only prison with such conditions and many more with worse, as well as using prison labor like slave labor.  Those low level stooges of tRump's Jan. 6 insurrection games who got convicted and sentenced and incarcerated -- even those for only 30 days, or 3 months, or 3 years, were in shock from what it was like.  They'd no idea, because of course even in prison, they, nice good white middle class people wouldn't have to live like, well, you know, prisoners.

Tesla blamed drivers for failures of parts it long knew were defective

A good long-from article about Tesla's extremely sub-standard design, manufacturing and customer service practices. In short, Tesla seems to operate as if it must "innovate" everything from first principles, ignoring established best-practice. And then, when things inevitably go wrong, it tries to blame its own customers and then offload the costs on to them.

The 4-day workweek was a longshot. The UAW isn’t giving up

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/16/business/shawn-fain-4-day-work-week/index.html

“You know these companies and the billionaire class’ choice is they want keep all the profits for themselves at the expense of less and less workers,” he said.

Instead of using productivity improvements to cut staff, he argues the companies should “use the technology to our advantage. It’s a choice. So I believe [a four-day week] is very possible.”

He pointed to various pilot programs that some employers around the world are trying that test the idea of a four-day week for workers.

“I mean, it’s happening already. That’s just not happening here,” he said. “Because in America, we’ve been inundated with work hard work hard work hard, work, work, work, work, work.”

• Stubby locked this topic