Baldur's Gate 3: Quicksave is my favourite spell

Luzifer's right hand

5 hours ago, Heartofice said:

You should be able to get back into Act 1 if you are in the Last Light. 

There are 2 good vendors in the Last light, there is the Quartermaster and Dammon, both of which have quite a few decent items you can get off of them. Obviously it's not a lot of epic quality shit, but I tended to fit out my party with stuff from them.

That Halsin fight I had to do a few times, but once you have the right spells at hand it was a lot easier.

Yep got some stuff from them already but like I said I want specifically an epic two handed greatsword for my paladin which there seems to be a dirth of. Sucks that lacanthers blood is a one handed weapon. 

I’m quite proud of the fact that since the spider fight and the goblin King fight I’ve been able to deal with all combat situations on my very first attempt :D I’m playing on Balanced mode though - I’m sure tactician will be another story. Also karmic dice off is way better as it truly feels random now. 

45 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Yep got some stuff from them already but like I said I want specifically an epic two handed greatsword for my paladin which there seems to be a dirth of. Sucks that lacanthers blood is a one handed weapon. 

I’m quite proud of the fact that since the spider fight and the goblin King fight I’ve been able to deal with all combat situations on my very first attempt :D I’m playing on Balanced mode though - I’m sure tactician will be another story. Also karmic dice off is way better as it truly feels random now. 

You should be able to go into Moonrise Towers and explore that area without triggering a fight.  There is a merchant in there named Lann Tarv who sells a really good 2-handed weapon called the Halberd of Vigilance.  Think its a small upgrade in damage over the Everburn Blade, and it has a couple of other additional abilities that add to its value.  I used it into Act 3.

Act 3 has a lot of very strong 2-handed weapons, including one greatsword in particular that really stands out.

3 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

So Blood of Lathander is really special in that it's a super-early unique. You won't really get any other uniques like that until act 3. 

As far as 'epic' quality swords, I'm assuming you mean purple? Keep in mind that that doesn't necessarily mean the best or most powerful items, and there are plenty of items that you'll use forever that are green or blue depending on your build. That said, there is exactly one purple-quality greatsword in the game and two legendary greatswords in the game. All of them are in act 3. 

I personally used the Sussur Greatsword for an absurdly long time because the silence on hit makes so many fights so much easier. Jorgoral's greatsword is also excellent for paladins because you can do smites on the extra damage too, IIRC. 

20 hours into Act 2, I still have yet to go to moonrise towers, did everything else including the Masoleum though. Dunno how you guys get through this act in 10-20 hours :P  In having a blast and really don’t want this game to end anytime soon ! Does anyone know the actual sales numbers of the game ? I hope it’s done well enough to merit a big expansion !

It sold very well, but the jury's out on if it'll get an expansion or not. Larian historically haven't made expansions for their own games, preferring to support them with free patches and an (also free) "enhanced edition" until they consider them done but BG3 is unusual in a number of ways so I have hope. I'm not sure if Larian have made any official announcements one way or the other.

5 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

20 hours into Act 2, I still have yet to go to moonrise towers, did everything else including the Masoleum though. Dunno how you guys get through this act in 10-20 hours :P  In having a blast and really don’t want this game to end anytime soon ! Does anyone know the actual sales numbers of the game ? I hope it’s done well enough to merit a big expansion !

Wait, you did the gauntlet of Shar fully?

Oh well. If you did you will have missed out on a lot.

2 hours ago, Poobah said:

It sold very well, but the jury's out on if it'll get an expansion or not. Larian historically haven't made expansions for their own games, preferring to support them with free patches and an (also free) "enhanced edition" until they consider them done but BG3 is unusual in a number of ways so I have hope. I'm not sure if Larian have made any official announcements one way or the other.

Thats weird - do they not want to make more money easily ? :P Expansions would cost them alot less than another major game as well since all the underlying tech is already ready! I hope they go down the CDPR route and give us one, i know alot of people have a craving for more BG3 content.

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

3 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Thats weird - do they not want to make more money easily ? :P Expansions would cost them alot less than another major game as well since all the underlying tech is already ready! I hope they go down the CDPR route and give us one, i know alot of people have a craving for more BG3 content.

Also, also, I think people underestimate how much work this would actually be. Larian absolutely did not plan on doing a DLC, which would mean that they'd be basically starting that whole plan from scratch right now - the storyline, the beats, the scheduling, the massive branching that it would require (which would also presumably have to start from the branches that BG3 already has). In addition to that, either they'd need to increase the level cap - something that they've already said makes their game somewhat unworkable - or they'd have to do some other mechanical thing.

I guess they could do something relatively 'cheap' and have another storyline spawn from within the story and not go after the ending. That makes the level cap even weirder and gives you no real other resolutions of other people's stories (or probably not any GOOD ones) but they could do that. But I doubt people want that very much. 

So I'll push back on that costing them a lot less. It might cost less, but is it going to cost them less relative to the conversion rate of a DLC and the return on investment? If the DLC costs $30 and has a 25% conversion rate (which is really good for DLCs) that means it is going to make 1/8th as much as BG3 did. 

7 hours ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

Shhh no spoilers! 

It's...not really a spoiler, but a quest that Shadowheart will make it clear she needs to take. It should, at this point, be in your quest log, especially if you've reached the ruined village. 

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Also, also, I think people underestimate how much work this would actually be. Larian absolutely did not plan on doing a DLC, which would mean that they'd be basically starting that whole plan from scratch right now - the storyline, the beats, the scheduling, the massive branching that it would require (which would also presumably have to start from the branches that BG3 already has). In addition to that, either they'd need to increase the level cap - something that they've already said makes their game somewhat unworkable - or they'd have to do some other mechanical thing.

It would be interesting to at least have the rumored content that was cut two weeks prior to launch restored in a future patch - which I've inferred to be a bit of the upper city. 

I guess they could do something relatively 'cheap' and have another storyline spawn from within the story and not go after the ending. That makes the level cap even weirder and gives you no real other resolutions of other people's stories (or probably not any GOOD ones) but they could do that. But I doubt people want that very much. 

They could alternatively have easter egg hunts, new gear, maybe some lore-specific sidequests with low XP value, but I can't see any meaningful value add to that, and see the risk of having it perceived as padding for padding's sake. 

So I'll push back on that costing them a lot less. It might cost less, but is it going to cost them less relative to the conversion rate of a DLC and the return on investment? If the DLC costs $30 and has a 25% conversion rate (which is really good for DLCs) that means it is going to make 1/8th as much as BG3 did. 

And also, after nearly 2, if not 3 years of light pre-production work, and then five years of full-time work - from a year before arrival in early access to launch and beyond, it's not difficult to imagine that at this point more than a few people would be hitting a creative wall and wanting to switch to a new/different project. 

18 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

It would be interesting to at least have the rumored content that was cut two weeks prior to launch restored in a future patch - which I've inferred to be a bit of the upper city. 

They could alternatively have easter egg hunts, new gear, maybe some lore-specific sidequests with low XP value, but I can't see any meaningful value add to that, and see the risk of having it perceived as padding for padding's sake. 

Yeah, this is the stuff they're already effectively doing via their patches. They could add more, but they've already added a ton of things like that - the epilogue party, the Karlach ending changes, honor mode and legendary abilities, a bunch of other changes, a bunch of tweaks to various questlines in the game itself...I guess I don't see that really as DLC-worthy. 

Honestly, if they add really good modding support we might get enough from the community to add new content that will be enough. There's been things like that for Skyrim, and given how game the voice actors for it have been we might even get some new lines done in there depending. 

Honestly, if they add really good modding support we might get enough from the community to add new content that will be enough. There's been things like that for Skyrim, and given how game the voice actors for it have been we might even get some new lines done in there depending. 

And with Skyrim and Neverwinter Nights being the gold standard for modding in particular, with the modding community adding new locations, quests, campaigns, etc. over the years, keeping both games fresh and interesting, that's not a bad standard to aspire towards. 

I read somewhere that they’re not gonna be adding an extensive mod editor similar to the divinity series,as WOTC won’t let them as they’re planning on launching their own virtual DnD GM editor. Could be an unfounded rumour though but given how greedy that company is, it’s quite likely. They also apparently fired almost all the people who gave bg3 their initial support for licensing :/

Edited by Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II

7 hours ago, Werthead said:

Larian are also starting to sound stressed from some toxic fans sending threatening messages about bugs and also the delays to mod tools. They're probably keen to move on in the near future.

I’m guessing all these complaints are still from Act 3? I’ve almost finished Act 2 now and haven’t encountered a single bug. No frame rate drops either. Act 1 was more buggy tbh. Only the pathfinding continues to be irritating with companions refusing to jump at certain places.

13 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I’m guessing all these complaints are still from Act 3? I’ve almost finished Act 2 now and haven’t encountered a single bug. No frame rate drops either. Act 1 was more buggy tbh. Only the pathfinding continues to be irritating with companions refusing to jump at certain places.

It's in reference to this, Rod: 

https://www.pcgamer.com/please-stop-that-in-the-run-up-to-baldurs-gate-3-modding-support-larians-head-of-publishing-speaks-out-against-threats-and-toxicity-against-our-devs-and-community-teams/

(Jeezus, that's an excessively long slug, PCGamer!)

21 minutes ago, Ser Rodrigo Belmonte II said:

I read somewhere that they’re not gonna be adding an extensive mod editor similar to the divinity series,as WOTC won’t let them as they’re planning on launching their own virtual DnD GM editor. Could be an unfounded rumour though but given how greedy that company is, it’s quite likely. They also apparently fired almost all the people who gave bg3 their initial support for licensing :/

If you're getting a modding itch, I'd *highly* recommend trying out the editor available in Solasta: Crown of the Magister, and Neverwinter Nights as well, both of which have terrific community support and (in my view) very intuitive level editors.