UK Politics: Tory Closing Down Sale- Everything Must Go

polishgenius

https://news.sky.com/story/fighting-reported-as-people-shouting-england-til-i-die-try-to-reach-cenotaph-13005216

Clashes at the Cenotaph this morning - you'll never guess whether this is those marching for peace (away from the Cenotaph), or those self-identifying as hooligans and neo-nazis...

On 11/8/2023 at 8:34 PM, BigFatCoward said:

Statue defenders are the most laughable group of people on earth. 

Pity it's not particularly amusing.

Edited by Which Tyler

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

The amoint of my facebook friends who bought the deepfake of Khan suggesting they move remeberance day is deeply conderning. You can guess their proffesion

Probably not grammar Nazis.

I'm streaming/watching a series, too. And that error just jumped at me.

So yeah, I didn't spot the rememberance day spell check fail, so my lack of attention is a definite course for condern.

Altho, which I assume is just Geordie for concern.

Some people are saying the far right protesters at the Cenotaph shouldn't be called counter-protesters, because they didn't seem to be opposing the subject of the ceasefire march protest. It was just a protests against / for...what(?) that happened at the same time as the ceasefire march protest.

Did Braverman actually do a favour to the ceasefire protest by misdirecting the right-wing thugs away from the path of the ceasefire protest? Was she playing 4-D chess, pissing everyone off but ultimately leading to a day without protester on protester violence, which we have to be happy that violence on the day was pretty much minimised?

33 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Some people are saying the far right protesters at the Cenotaph shouldn't be called counter-protesters, because they didn't seem to be opposing the subject of the ceasefire march protest. It was just a protests against / for...what(?) that happened at the same time as the ceasefire march protest.

Did Braverman actually do a favour to the ceasefire protest by misdirecting the right-wing thugs away from the path of the ceasefire protest? Was she playing 4-D chess, pissing everyone off but ultimately leading to a day without protester on protester violence, which we have to be happy that violence on the day was pretty much minimised?

No she wanted violence, to weaken/force out the Met Commisioner and strengthen herself against Sunak.

Edit : and to win over the far right

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

47 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

No she wanted violence, to weaken/force out the Met Commisioner and strengthen herself against Sunak.

Edit : and to win over the far right

If she wanted protester v protester violence it seems she failed miserably. Did she genuinely think the ceasefire protest would go to the Cenotaph, or did she know they weren't and decided she wanted to deploy right-wing angry white mean to the Cenotaph under false pretenses to get the photo op for the client press to whip up into faux outrage?

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Yeah, that makes sense, doesn’t it? I mean, if I want to protest for, say, naked skateboarding and someone thinks that’s a bad idea and wants to counter-protest, they should go near where the protest is carrying signs saying, “no naked skateboarding” or something. The hooligans didn’t do that, they went to a completely different location where a ceremony w/ deep meaning was being held to bait the police? Because Suella badmouthed the police? They were yelling, “you’re not English anymore” to the police, what does that even mean? 
The odd thing is, some of the actions of both Suella and Tommy Robinson and his ilk don’t strike me as very smart, but what do I know. 

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Definitely. As to what Suella wants, I have no idea. I have been seeing/reading a lot of reports saying she wants Rishi to sack her, but also, in case he doesn’t, to expose how weak he is. 
During last Thursday’s QT, when Fiona Bruce asked the audience who thought “should Suella stay”, only one solitary man raised his hand. :dunno:

ETA: I made a mess w/ the question, can’t remember how exactly Bruce phrased the question. Bottom line is, there was only one person in the audience who thought Suella should remain in office.

Edited by kissdbyfire

Braverman just doubling down now. It’s insane. At least admit the part she played. 

Sure there were some quite troubling elements in the anti Israel marches, which shouldn’t be brushed over, but pretending she didn’t partly cause a bunch of neo Nazis and pissed football hooligans to travel to London just seems like gaslighting at this point. She’s totally downplaying it in these tweets, it’s almost incredible how brazen it is.