UK Politics: Tory Closing Down Sale- Everything Must Go

polishgenius

Look at this absolute muppet that for some reason is our Prime Minister.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67355227

Rishi Sunak has said he will hold the Met Police chief "accountable" over a pro-Palestinian march set to take place on Armistice Day.

The prime minister has criticised the timing of the demonstration in London as "provocative and disrespectful".

The spokesman added that the PM considered the protest "completely inappropriate" and "provocative" but that he would not be putting pressure on Sir Mark to ban the march.

Ahead of that meeting, Mr Sunak called the green-lighting of the march a "decision that the Metropolitan Police Commissioner has made".

Yeah, I'm not going to be putting any pressure on you. I'm just announcing in advance that this is all on you, that I think you're wrong (even though there are no legal grounds to take any other decision) and that I'm going to be blaming you if anything happens at this march where we've been hyping up the potential for trouble for days because we think there might possibly be votes in it. At the very least it might distract from the unrelenting narrative about how I personally was on the wrong side of every decision in the pandemic response.

Edited by mormont

https://www.postofficescandal.uk/blog/

Much of the  senior management of, and the professional people who work for, the Post Office, ought to be facing prosecution, not just for their behaviour towards sub-postmasters and postmistresses, but for their blatant attempts to lie to the Inquiry.

The final paragraph nails it:

The world is full of thick-as-mince, malevolent incompetents like Elaine Cottam. The problems start when they are promoted into positions of power, as the Post Office appears to have done with multiple idiots on multiple occasions. I really hope the Met Police are taking note.

Edited by SeanF

14 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Do they still think it's at the Cenotaph? And at 11.00am?

So the neo-nazis can gather there to defend the "true meaning of armistice day" and defend the memorial against those calling for peace? (at the wrong place and the wrong time) Whilst being supported by the party of Churchill?
I'm sure London's Jewish community will feel so much safer, knowing the the neo-nazis have their back...

My irony filter may just blow a fuse.

Edited by Which Tyler

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Being attacked by Braverman and Rishi is actually quite the PR boon for us. We, for once, are not the biggest arseholes in the room. 

It's particularly notable how she went out of her way to drag Northern Ireland into it, then had a 'source' close to her (100% this source was literally just her) clarify that this was a reference to Nationalists, just in case you thought it was about Unionists or about both sides.

Now, you can level a lot of criticisms about Irish nationalists, but complaining about them holding demonstrations as an 'assertion of primacy' is an odd one, particularly as the more notable examples of that would be on the other side (Orange Walks). She's crowbarring the reference in somewhere it largely doesn't fit. It's either spectacular ignorance or she really wanted to get this reference in to an unrelated topic, maybe to appeal to Unionist sympathising MPs?  It's gratuitous either way, and does nothing but harm to a tricky situation that her own colleagues are trying to negotiate in restoring power sharing at Stormont (and to relations with the RoI goverment). 

Cruella isn't that hard to read, is she?

The Tory base/grassroots love her for whatever reason. That's why Sunak kept her. And she's now campaigning to be the next Tory leader. You can pick your poison of unhinged crazy. Cruella or Kami. One of them will be the next leader of the opposition.

9 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You can pick your poison of unhinged crazy. Cruella or Kami. One of them will be the next leader of the opposition.

Hopefully for a while. Their route to electoral victory would be extremely narrow. 

It's pretty clear Braverman is setting herself up for some sort of leadership position in the future, and just mouths off all the stupidest, most over the top positions she can think of in an attempt to draw attention to herself. Problem for her is I doubt anyone would want her leading UKIP, never mind the tories. Who knows if she even believes any of the things she is saying or is just using a random generator to create new crazy right wing ideas. 

20 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Cruella or Kami. One of them will be the next leader of the opposition.

Badenoch is nowhere near the level of Braverman.

43 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

For starters

also this

Also didn't she (try to) pick a fight with Ben and Jerry's for reasons?

Not teaching critical race theory nonsense is a pretty good idea I would say. 

And what is the problem with the second link? Huff post journos with an agenda don't get a reply so make stuff up? 

We should all be picking fights with Ben and Jerrys.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

For starters

also this

Also didn't she (try to) pick a fight with Ben and Jerry's for reasons?

There's been more than one anti LGBTQIA+ statements as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2023/apr/04/kemi-badenoch-could-rewrite-law-to-allow-trans-exclusion-from-single-sex-spaces