UK Politics: Tory Closing Down Sale- Everything Must Go

polishgenius

9 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

fear legitimate groups and individuals will be branded extremists."

Everyone knows that's  the whole point. Label anyone who's not a fascist as an extremist. Goes really well w/ the HO "the cruelty is the point" policies. JFC.

How lovely, the Alliance for Responsible Citizenship (ARC, b/c they’re so clever!) had a get-together. I suppose to discuss more effective ways to make the world more fascist-friendly or something? 
They have a vision for the world, and it’s full of denialism, religious rhetoric, and an all-white cast of characters. 

16 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

How lovely, the Alliance for Responsible Citizenship (ARC, b/c they’re so clever!) had a get-together. I suppose to discuss more effective ways to make the world more fascist-friendly or something? 
They have a vision for the world, and it’s full of denialism, religious rhetoric, and an all-white cast of characters. 

So?

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I would prefer to live in a more egalitarian world, with more social justice and less fascism. Of course, YMMV. 

Sure, so would most people.
What has that got to do with some random conference of nobodies? 

Maybe they are advocating for Fascism... I highly doubt it given that the very video you posted calls for 'an optimistic vision' and 'humans who exist in love'

Sounds utterly terrifying to me.

Also not sure why you posted it in the UK thread.. or at all.

21 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Sure, so would most people.
What has that got to do with some random conference of nobodies? 

Why do you think they’re nobodies?

Maybe they are advocating for Fascism... I highly doubt it given that the very video you posted calls for 'an optimistic vision' and 'humans who exist in love'

Maybe they do it like that b/c if they instead said, “we want a strong global fascist movement that will keep us rich and at the top of the food chain while we strip you of your civil rights, your education, your health care b/c we want you to remain ignorant, obedient and hating those who don’t look like you” people might have a few reservations about them? Just a thought. 

Sounds utterly terrifying to me.

It should, but only if you don’t want to live in a fascist world.

Also not sure why you posted it in the UK thread..

The conference was in London, where should I have posted it?

Not only that but records in the UK show ARC has two shareholders – the Dubai-based investment management group Legatum Ventures and the British investor and Brexiter Sir Paul Marshall.

Their advisory board members include:

Colin Brazier - British journalist 

Daniel Rayne Kruger British Tory MP for Devizes in Wiltshire 

Helena Louise Morrissey, Baroness Morrissey, British financier and campaigner.

Louise Perry iBritish journalist

Maurice Glasman, Baron Glasman English political theorist, academic, social commentator

Miriam Joy Cates Tory MP

Sir Paul Roderick Clucas Marshall British investor

Philippa Claire Stroud, Baroness Stroud Peer in the House of Lords 

or at all.

Because that’s generally how forums and boards and such work. People share their thoughts and debate things and so on. But maybe I’ve just been doing this wrong this whole time.

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Why do you think they’re nobodies?

Why do you think they are somebodies or people likely to bring about fascism? A talk featuring a worn out Jordan Peterson in 2023 shouldn’t scare anyone. 

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Maybe they do it like that b/c if they instead said, “we want a strong global fascist movement that will keep us rich and at the top of the food chain while we strip you of your civil rights, your education, your health care b/c we want you to remain ignorant, obedient and hating those who don’t look like you” people might have a few reservations about them? Just a thought. 

Except instead they said they want humans to exist in love. What’s scary about that? Where are you getting this fascism nonsense?

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Because that’s generally how forums and boards and such work. People share their thoughts and debate things and so on. But maybe I’ve just been doing this wrong this whole time.

Sure, but usually people post up stuff that has some sort of relevance or interest. This is an event that will have zero effect on the world.

48 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Apparently Suella Deville said that being homeless is a 'lifestyle choice' and wants to criminalise charities that supply tents for the homeless.

Yes. But tis ok b/c it’s a lifestyle choice and most are foreigners anyway. /s

Edited by kissdbyfire

24 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I wonder why he uses the name 'Tommy Robison' rather than his real name 'Stephen Yaxley-Lennon'...

Some on this here:

Robinson's birth name is Stephen Christopher Yaxley. The name Tommy Robinson is a pseudonym taken from a prominent member of the "Men In Gear" (MIG) football hooligan crew, which follows Luton Town Football Club.[2] The nom de guerre successfully hid Robinson's identity as Stephen Yaxley-Lennon and his criminal history, until the connection was uncovered in July 2010 by Searchlight magazine.

And another interesting read here:

Yaxley-Lennon is a potential asset to the new, international far-right activism. He has a brand name and a powerful myth that is menacing enough to keep him in the news, and has mobilised support in a number of countries. Conservatives in the US can use his story to boost the “Europe has fallen” narrative promoted in order to justify Trump’s own anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant policies, while Bannon has already acknowledged his potential to catalyse campaigns across Europe. In the UK, he could become part of a broad rightwing coalition that seeks to mobilise popular anger as Brexit unfolds. The Ukip leader, Batten, has publicly supported Yaxley-Lennon. On 24 October, after Yaxley-Lennon’s most recent court hearing, Batten accompanied him to the House of Lords for a lunch with the Ukip peer Lord Pearson – and is now proposing he be allowed to join the party, in defiance of a long-standing ban on former BNP members. 

ETA

Forgot this one, on the pseudonym.

Edited by kissdbyfire

@BigFatCoward

How much is it really an issue about getting a search warrent when something like find my phone app clearly shows the stolen phone in someones house?

I get you have to get one, but how long does that actually take?

On one hand It seems insane that the police can't search the house i because getting the warrent just I dunno takes too much time or effort.  Surley that bit should be fixed instead of giving powers to search without a warrent.  especially given the lack of trust in the police right now.  Am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

@BigFatCoward

How much is it really an issue about getting a search warrent when something like find my phone app clearly shows the stolen phone in someones house?

I get you have to get one, but how long does that actually take?

On one hand It seems insane that the police can't search the house i because getting the warrent just I dunno takes too much time or effort.  Surley that bit should be fixed instead of giving powers to search without a warrent.  especially given the lack of trust in the police right now.  Am I missing something?

You probably couldn't get a warrant on that alone, its not considered accurate enough, unless it was a house in the middle of nowhere and it couldn't be anywhere else. There would need to be some other corroborating evidence. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

4 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

You probably couldn't get a warrant on that alone, its not considered accurate enough, unless it was a house in the middle of nowhere and it couldn't be anywhere else. There would need to be some other corroborating evidence. 

If the app is not accurate enough for a warrent, then it really is not accruate enough to search without one and this is a stupid potential new law.