The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My host family, and these were pretty wealthy people, would put four pieces of toast together in a pan and then put blocks of cheese on it with some sauce and oregano on it then massively undercook it.

That sounds... not good at all to put it as mildly as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Idk why they liked it. I went to a few pizza shops and each was, while not that bad, still pretty horrible. There's a ton of amazing food in Argentina (I lived in Buenos Aires), but my god was the pizza awful. I really miss this sub spot, an Irish pub and above all else this place that would just bring you two steaks, two chickens, two chorizos and two blood sausages with a basket of bread and some caramelized onions to make sandwiches with. It took us a few weeks to convince them to just give us four chorizos and skip the blood sausages. They all though we were nuts. 

I thought chorizo = blood sausage, to give you an idea of how well versed I am in the carnivorous department! 

Italian pizza toppings are actually very basic.

Tomato sauce, some fresh basil and cheese (mozarella, parmesan).

Which is fine. Personally, I like to add some peppers (chili and bell), some salami and champignons, onions and occasionally some corn when i feel like it. (Garlic is in the sauce (or at least in my sauce), before you ask).

11 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

It is well known that the Canadian invention of pineapple on pizza is despised by some and loved by others. Haters are going to hate, and people with adventurous souls are going to love, tis the way of the world.

You should have just let America take the credit for those pineapple atrocities. Just claim some dude on Hawaii came up with it (thank you, Obama).

But then again, it's not that surprising that the place that gave the world Don Cherry and his sense of fashion (or taste in general) came up with pineapple pizza.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

That sounds... not good at all to put it as mildly as possible. 

It's the one kind of pizza that's made me think deep dish isn't the worst.

I thought chorizo = blood sausage, to give you an idea of how well versed I am in the carnivorous department! 

Nah, it's just a super greasy sausage. I've had no luck though cooking them myself. They're only good at Argentine or Brazilian restaurants here in the states from my experience. Blood sausage is just straight awful. *shudders* 

4 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Italian pizza toppings are actually very basic.

Tomato sauce, some fresh basil and cheese (mozarella, parmesan).

Which is fine. Personally, I like to add some peppers (chili and bell), some salami and champignons, onions and occasionally some corn when i feel like it. (Garlic is in the sauce (or at least in my sauce), before you ask).

I much prefer the more basic/classic pizza toppings to the more... colourful ones (meaning downright weird like anchovies and pineapples - as you can all see I'm not letting go of this anytime soon! :D

2 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

You should have just let America take the credit for those pineapple atrocities.

We created the pepperoni pizza. That more than makes up for the pineapple atrocity. 

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Lol. Wait til you lot hear about Gammon and Pineapple and Chips. Om nom fucking nom.

Why are you doing this to me? :bawl:

I'm now expecting you to say that  steak tartare with chocolate sauce is exquisitely delicious! 

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Pineapples on pizza is rank heresy!

I'd rather have a burnt tyre for dinner. 

When I was in Italy last year we were at a restaurant on Capri and there were some British tourists at the next table who ordered a Hawaiian pizza, I've never seen a waiter look so shocked and offended at an order. He did come back to argue with them that it wasn't really pizza, although since it was on the menu perhaps he should have taken it up with the owners.

3 minutes ago, williamjm said:

When I was in Italy last year we were at a restaurant on Capri and there were some British tourists at the next table who ordered a Hawaiian pizza, I've never seen a waiter look so shocked and offended at an order. He did come back to argue with them that it wasn't really pizza, although since it was on the menu perhaps he should have taken it up with the owners.

I can 100% picture this waiter trying to talk them out of it. And I know it's on the menu b/c of tourists but I can only imagine the drama that it must have been coming to that decision! 

1 minute ago, BigFatCoward said:

My wife just told me she thinks Taylor Swift will he as famous in 50 years as the beatles are now. Does anybody know a good divorce lawyer? 

Shake it off. You already accepted the big sunglasses and small purse look.