The Small Stuff That Doesn't Need a Thread. #7

LongRider

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I'd be a lot better if I had 1% as well. And was swanning off to boutique hotels in Barcelona with my custom luggage.

At some point, I suppose I'll have to get myself one of those henchmen/bodyguards/goons....

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Then she's a fucking twat. 

I'd rather the artist show up late than wasted. I can never look at Korn the same way again. That was a disaster of a show. 

36 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

At some point, I suppose I'll have to get myself one of those henchmen/bodyguards/goons....

For the right amount of money I will absolutely batter the fuck out of anyone that bothers you, Sir. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

For the right amount of money I will absolutely batter the fuck out of anyone that bothers you, Sir. 

You can smoke as much weed as you like.... :hat:

Went with my little sister and my dad to see the Jurassic World Adventure live show. It was... Pretty Good. Definitely something to take kids to.

It was a seven hour drive to get here and will probably be even longer drive to get back, but it was worth it to see my sister's smile when the big animatronic T-Rex came out. Good day. :)

A T-shirt and two dino plushies cost damn near $150. But it was her day and she got what she wanted. Sometimes life is good.

Peace and love, y'all.

5 hours ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

You got me a dilophosaurus one too, right?

Look, it's not that I didn't get you the 'saurus kid...

Spoiler

... I suppose the day started out like any other. With a hail of gunfire from the nunnery.

Those matrons of God's house were more regular than any alarm clock, got me out of bed and into the shower just to try and drown out the noise. I ate three raw eggs, a stick of butter, and a hamster. Anything to get rid of that fucking hangover. 

And then it was into the car with me. The nuns had left off for morning service, so I didn't have to dodge sniper fire as I got behind the wheel. It's the little things that get you through your day, particularly when you have to weave in-between lanes of burning school buses to get out of your driveway. Although don't think I'm complaining! The buses are a welcome change from when Jared Leto was living out there. 

I made good time down the interstate, took a cat nap after I made it through Boston - didn't stop driving. Somehow I ended up in Portland, even though I was supposed to be in Maine. Then I filled up the car with unleaded, even though it takes diesel. Couldn't go faster than 35mph for the rest of the trip, but that's okay because I was already in Houston by then. 

And that's where it all started to go wrong, kid... 

I could say a lot of things. Things about hope, and things about goodwill. Maybe about steadfastness or courage against impossible odds. But I really find that I have to say, well I have to say: 

Spoiler

Only quitters want spitters :P 

The Spain trip starts off great, and then just keeps getting more so.  We have three days in Grenada, staying in the 5-star Alhambra Palace Hotel, which has its own small theater, in which figures like Garcia Lorca performed; we will have a private musical event there. One of the days be spent entirely Alhambra-ing.  The afternoon we have a group tour, then back to the hotel to rest before dinner down the mountain in the city.  Later, much later, because this is Spain, we will return to the Alhambra at night for a private tour in the lighted palace and grounds, ending with a small reception with the director of this World Heritage site, who will give a short talk and let us ask him all the questions we may/will have.  After dreaming of the Alhambra all my life, I get it twice in the span of a single year!

27 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

As I get older I have more and more respect for @BigFatCoward's opinion. New sock day is truly a great day. 

I've still got one pair from this Christmas pushed all the way to the back of my sock drawer, for when I need a morning pick me up. 

Just now, BigFatCoward said:

I've still got one pair from this Christmas pushed all the way to the back of my sock drawer, for when I need a morning pick me up. 

I got a pack of 12 pairs of incredibly soft, brightly coloured socks for Christmas. I've been spacing the 'new sock experience' out by treating myself to a pair of the new ones only a couple of times a week. 

7 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I got a six pack of great Ralph Lauren socks. I need to pick something else up from Macys and am going to get another pack to do just that. I also need to clean out my sock drawer cause I have so many dress socks that are probably five or more years old. 

The ones I can't part with though is this collection of famous paintings printed on them. Problem is you can't wash them often and they're not very comfortable, but they're cool to wear to a nice party. 

49 minutes ago, HexMachina said:

..can't wash them often? Are all socks not washed after one wear?

Oh my sweet summerchild, you don't understand men laundry. :D

Women laundry simple, two piles: Clean and Dirty.

Men: Clean, Dirty, and dirty but good enough to wear.  (that third pile could be further be divided, but let's keep it simple here).

If a man puts on fresh underwear for date, that means you are a special lady ;)