US Politics: Dominoes falling, GOP failing, what a time to be alive!

LongRider

From the BBC link above:

The state is asking about a 2021 financial statement. Trump says he thinks it's accurate - he hopes so.

“I was so busy in the White House,” he says, adding his focus was on “China” and “Russia”.

"For the record, you weren't president in 2021 were you?" prosecutor Kevin Wallace asks.

Trump says no.

49 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

No. They’re just turned off by the guy they recognize as assisting in a genocide.

If Biden came out said ban abortion in Canada it’d still lose him support internally even though Trump would ban abortion in America.

And please explain to me, like I’m a two year old, how facilitating a win for Trump is better for them??!

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

And please explain to me, like I’m a two year old, how facilitating a win for Trump is better for them??!

It doesn't, but so? You were one of the ones who claimed a while back that voting for 3rd parties was a legitimate choice. It was bad logic then and it's bad logic now, but it's still a hard pill to swallow to support someone who is fine with killing a lot of people, especially children. 

That all said - the poll numbers largely didn't seem to care about Israel-Hamas. They were low across the board, and largely bad around things like inflation and domestic policies. This wasn't some major drop that Biden had (in fact his numbers were actually up from a while) - it's that his numbers are just not that good. 

31 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Lots of people were sure Trump would lose in 2016.  How did that work out for them?

If Biden were to lose Cali, NY or MA, then the words he's in trouble would be the understatement of the year.

Yeah, if dems lose California - which would be a change of over 3.5 million votes - that would probably be kind of a big deal. That said, polling numbers per state were not remotely that off and if @DMC were still alive and not buried face deep in strippers he'd tell you that the polling information was reasonably reliable, and not pretend in fantasy cases. 

50 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

It doesn't, but so? You were one of the ones who claimed a while back that voting for 3rd parties was a legitimate choice. It was bad logic then and it's bad logic now, but it's still a hard pill to swallow to support someone who is fine with killing a lot of people, especially children. 

That all said - the poll numbers largely didn't seem to care about Israel-Hamas. They were low across the board, and largely bad around things like inflation and domestic policies. This wasn't some major drop that Biden had (in fact his numbers were actually up from a while) - it's that his numbers are just not that good. 

I last said that 7 years ago.  And the circumstances have… altered… somewhat in the intervening years… haven’t they?  If Trump wins do you really believe the Republicans will ever let go of power again?

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

6 minutes ago, Bironic said:

I think if he‘s still alive in 2028 Trump will run again even if the constitution doesn’t allow it

i mean in a scenario when he’s elected in 2024

No, if he's elected, he won't run again, he'll just declare himself dictator for life.  

13 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I last said that 7 years ago.  And the circumstances have… altered… somewhat in the intervening years… haven’t they?  If Trump wins do you really believe the Republicans will ever let go of power again?

Well, obviously. I've said this many times previously. But the logic was true in 2016 as well, as were the arguments. The difference would be what - we were proven correct? Yay?

Point being that there will be a whole lot of people who used the same arguments you did 7 years ago as being valid now. They won't believe Trump will be THAT bad, or they'll just not vote, or they'll say that it won't make that much a difference to them personally (because it probably won't, honestly), or any number of bullshit rationalizations that were bullshit 7 years ago too. Glad you're on our side, but you should ask yourself what changed your mind in the last 7 years and then ask if that'll change everyone else's minds. 

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Point being that there will be a whole lot of people who used the same arguments you did 7 years ago as being valid now. They won't believe Trump will be THAT bad, or they'll just not vote, or they'll say that it won't make that much a difference to them personally (because it probably won't, honestly), or any number of bullshit rationalizations that were bullshit 7 years ago too. Glad you're on our side, but you should ask yourself what changed your mind in the last 7 years and then ask if that'll change everyone else's minds. 

I think that's a scary but probably correct analysis.

10 minutes ago, LongRider said:

No, if he's elected, he won't run again, he'll just declare himself dictator for life.  

Or a king, like Xi according to him. And he’s said as much a number of times, right? What’s incomprehensible to me is how that alone may not be enough to make every. single sane non-fascist person RUN to the polls like their lives depend on it. :uhoh:

“However, Trump offered a more positive assessment during a fundraising event at his Mar-a-Lago estate, where he hosted Xi last April. “He’s now president for life. President for life. And he’s great,” the US president reportedly told Republican donors.

And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll give that a shot some day,” Trump added, according to CNN which obtained a recording of what it described as an upbeat, joke-filled speech.”

Edited by kissdbyfire

I am not American, English is not my mother tongue, so American elections are not my problem, but Biden is gonna lose the next elections. 

He is losing the support of Arab Americans because of US support to Israel, Ukraine war is in a stalemate position, Ukrainian war costs lots of money to European and American citizens. 

The citizens affected by the increase of the cost (fuel, food) are the poor and the middle class, if Trump really has a plan to solve Ukrainian war, he's gonna win

Edited by KingAerys_II