US Politics: Dominoes falling, GOP failing, what a time to be alive!

LongRider

20 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

And yet, not all Republicans are die-hard trumpists.

One of the more disturbing facts of recent years is that party loyalty can bring even ostensibly reasonable people to make insane judgments. One prominent example was Bill Barr describing in great detail Trump's manifest unfitness for office, then saying without a pause that he would support him if he was the Republican nominee. Most everyday "sensible" Republicans won't even get as sober about Trump's unfitness as Barr did; they just deflect with talk about how terrible it would be too give radical-left Biden any power, and do whatever it take to rationalize their choice to choose party over country.

12 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

One of the more disturbing facts of recent years is that party loyalty can bring even ostensibly reasonable people to make insane judgments. One prominent example was Bill Barr describing in great detail Trump's manifest unfitness for office, then saying without a pause that he would support him if he was the Republican nominee. Most everyday "sensible" Republicans won't even get as sober about Trump's unfitness as Barr did; they just deflect with talk about how terrible it would be too give radical-left Biden any power, and do whatever it take to rationalize their choice to choose party over country.

It’s very disturbing. Whatshisface also said he’d vote for/support Trump, the governor of Georgia whose name escapes me atm. 
What about all but 2 of the republican primary candidates saying they’d support him even if convicted of a (or 91) felony(it’s)? 

ETA Kemp, Brian Kemp

Edited by kissdbyfire

39 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

There is no large voting block democrats rely on that’s particularly infatuated with Israel.

Hah!  That's a good one! 

I hope Biden changes his language and uses everything possible behind the scenes to stop Israel from killing more civilians.  I don't think redlines and ultimatums are going to work.  If Israel calls that bluff Biden would need Congress to impose sanctions on Israel.  That's not going happen in this reality.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Jewish voters in the Northeast are not a small constituency.  You know that… right?

I don’t actually know that. In what states in critical north east states do they make up a significant enough voting block to make up for the losses of the young people and Arab Americans who don’t like Biden’s supportive response to Israel?

9 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I don’t actually know that. In what states in critical north east states do they make up a significant enough voting block to make up for the losses of the young people and Arab Americans who don’t like Biden’s supportive response to Israel?

New York State.  California.  Massachusetts.  New Jersey.  

Biden has no good choices here. Hence my frustration at you and others spitballing Biden for trying to thread Scylla and Charybdis.  

Netanyahu (Likhud) and Hamas both fucking suck.

13 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

At this stage of the election, donations to campaigns are far, far, far more important than votes.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

New York State.  California.  Massachusetts.  New Jersey.  

Literally every single Jewish person can turn out to vote out for trump in response to Biden actually getting tough on Israel  and he’d win them all

They’re solidly blue and the loss would be eclipsed by the Arab Americans and young people who’d appreciate the change

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Okay? What are you insinuating?

That pro-Israel lobby donates a lot of money in every election, and that Biden campaign probably considers them a more valuable ally to have than young people who may or may not show up on the election day.

Election is exactly 1 year away. By then (hopefully) the Gaza conflict will have reached some sort of resolution and we'll have moved on to the next world-ending threat. 

Foreign policy rarely ever decides US elections (when Americans are directly not threated or involved in some major way) and I see this as no different.

6 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Literally every single Jewish person can turn out to vote out for trump in response to Biden actually getting tough on Israel  and he’d win them all

They’re solidly blue and the loss would be eclipsed by the Arab Americans and young people who’d appreciate the change

Jews are 3.34% of the population in Pennsylvania (Biden won by 1.16%); 2.46% of Nevada (Biden won by 2.39%); 1.49% of Arizona (Biden won by 0.31%); and 1.20% of Georgia (Biden won by 0.24%).

Meanwhile, Arab Americans' population is greater than Biden's 2020 margin only in Arizona (0.46%) and Georgia (0.26%), both of which are smaller than the Jewish population. From a purely political perspective, Biden's making the smart play.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

They want to be deported for being Muslim?  Really?

No. They’re just turned off by the guy they recognize as assisting in a genocide.

If Biden came out said ban abortion in Canada it’d still lose him support internally even though Trump would ban abortion in America.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Aren’t the only group I mentioned. Try again.

You want to compare young people to old people (the single most reliable voting block)? Really?!