Israel - Hamas war VIII

kissdbyfire

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

He did tell them.

When?

6 minutes ago, Mexal said:

The only thing young people in the US will accept is a free Palestine, from the river to the sea.

Can you please just ease off loading anti-semitism against everyone who’s angry at how Israel has responded to the conflict?

Yes, the few college kids and professors, youtubers  who actually simped for hamas were bad, I hate them to but please stop exaggerating their impact prominence or impact.

Edit. Just remembering. The suggestion to take this conversation to the us politics thread will do so

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

4 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

When?

Can you please just ease off loading anti-semitism against everyone who’s angry at how Israel has responded to the conflict?

Yes, the few college kids and professors, youtubers  who actually simped for hamas were bad, I hate them to but please stop exaggerating their impact prominence or impact.

Edit. Just remembering. The suggestion to take this conversation to the us politics thread will do so

Yes. I'm walking away now. I should have never engaged here. It's too close to me.

Just now, Bael's Bastard said:

If you expect to be taken seriously don't suggest Jews are colonizers in their own indigenous homeland.

If you want to be taken seriously don't spew colonist claptrap in front of an indigenous man and expect him not to comment on it. But then, since you're response is to hide behind accusation of antisemitism rather than defend the point it's clear you don't want to be taken seriously.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Wait. I thought we weren't supposed to look too far back in time when debating this? Colour me very confused.

No matter how far back in time you look Jews are indigenous to the land and any attempt to portray them as foreign or colonizers betrays ignorant or malicious denial of that fact. Israel was founded on Jews accepting an Arab Palestinian state in the heart of their indigenous homeland. But the Arab Palestinian and Arab League attempt to commit genocide and ethnic cleansing against the Jews of Palestine and their failure, as well as WB Palestinians requesting Jordan annex and rule Arab Palestine forever changed the intended partition.

4 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

If you want to be taken seriously don't spew colonist claptrap in front of an indigenous man and expect him not to comment on it. But then, since you're response is to hide behind accusation of antisemitism rather than defend the point it's clear you don't want to be taken seriously.

Jews are no less indigenous to Israel/Palestine than you are to your lands. Suggesting so IS antisemitic.

11 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

If you expect to be taken seriously don't suggest Jews are colonizers in their own indigenous homeland.

Numerous members of the Zionist project described it as a colonial project, Herzl himself said as much.

Beyond that, stop pretending that the Palestinians aren't indigenous to that land, 50% of Palestinians and 70% of Jews share a common male ancestor 3000 years ago, they're literally cousins.

Edited by GrimTuesday

50 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Wasn't everyone technically a coloniser in their homeland at some point anyway? The Scots came from Ireland and killed most/all of the Picts.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Europe_and_the_Near_East_at_476_AD.png

Yeah, hence why the important thing is to look at what's being done, not who's doing it. Like if the English had been native to North America that would change whether they were justified not at all.

48 minutes ago, Bael's Bastard said:

Jews are no less indigenous to Israel/Palestine than you are to your lands. Suggesting so IS antisemitic.

The fact that what is being done and the justifications being used has *not a goddamn thing* to do with the Indigeneity of the people doing them is apparently lost on you.

ETA: Like is anyone here gonna deny that what Russia is attempting in Ukraine is also a colonial project despite Russians living there too for a very long time?

Edited by TrueMetis

Posting "we're all really African" bullshit as some kind of own against the indigeneity of Jews to Israel/Palestine is one hell of an imperialist colonizer argument, especially coming from imperialist Christian and Muslim cultures that were responsible for making Jews an oppressed minority in their indigenous homeland.

8 minutes ago, Ran said:

Yes.

We're all out of Africa, if you go far back enough.

I literally just said that in conversation. 

But that's part of it all, isn't it? Both Jews and Palestinians are indigenous to the region so the argument can't be "I'm more indigenous than you". And things kept changing, depending on when in time you look. But we're here now, and a solution is needed, for everyone. I wish (and hope) the ideals of Israel's Oasis of Peace spreads and infects people.