FILM AWARDS SEASON 2023/2024 (Update: Writers Guild of America - Winners)

Mladen

On 1/25/2024 at 12:01 PM, Mladen said:

Now, let's dissect both of those categories. To be nominated, Margot would need to push one woman out .Which one? All four were superior than Margot in every conceivable way. Then, we can also mention Greta Lee, Teyana Taylor, Natalie Portman, Fantasia Barrino... It would be even difficult to argue that Margot was better than them. 

As for Gerwig... Again, Justin Triet did spectacular job with ANATOMY OF A FALL (in case people forget, the first French female director nominated for Oscar, not mentioning that she was snubbed by her own country's Oscar committee).

....Did you write this article?

But the thing is, most of these arguments seem to imply that Robbie and Gerwig’s missed nominations — in acting and directing — are the only feminist wins that count. They were not the only women thought to be frontrunners who were ignored this year, and many found themselves asking where this energy was for Celine Song and Greta Lee, the director and star of Past Lives, or Ava Duvernay and Aunjanue Ellis, director and star of Origin. Unfortunately, centering particular white women and largely forgetting women of color or the intersectionality of feminism is a pattern that arises in these fights for recognition.

These arguments also serve to undermine the nominees who were recognized. Best Picture nominee Anatomy of a Fall, written and directed by Best Directing nominee Justine Triet, examined society’s ideas about gender and who we see as victims. Killers of the Flower Moon told the story of Mollie Burkhart and the atrocities committed against her people. Gladstone, who played Burkhart, is the first Native American to be nominated for Best Actress at the Oscars.

With the caveat I've seen very few movies under consideration, I agree Gerwig deserved writing but not directing.  And that's fine!  She's still had an incredible career thus far.  And I'd have to imagine when Robbie agreed to play Barbie she was hardly under the impression "this will be my Oscar role."

8 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

For as gut wrenching as I found watching the innocent killings of so many of the Osage, her performance was so haunting, just the empty stare, she conveyed a 1000 words with just a look on the face. It was impressive, memorable and worthy of award.

What really sets Lily apart in this field of 5 women is how quiet and subdued her performance is. It is so non-verbal and yet, you understand the entire tragedy of Osage. I am not American and my experience with Native Americans are limited but I feel she managed so beautifully to tell the story of her people in such unique, and I would even dare say, culturally appropriate way. Absolutely brilliant performance in its quietness. 

And yeah... I also hope she wins. We rarely see what she did in KOTFM.

6 hours ago, DMC said:

With the caveat I've seen very few movies under consideration, I agree Gerwig deserved writing but not directing.  And that's fine!  She's still had an incredible career thus far.  And I'd have to imagine when Robbie agreed to play Barbie she was hardly under the impression "this will be my Oscar role."

First, thanks for the article. It was very well written and it really shows how insipid the criticism has been.

I have watched enough movies and performances that were "under consideration" for awards this season to point blank state that Margot didn't deserve the acting nomination. I liked her as Barbie, I think she did phenomenal job. I think that her fight as a producer to make this movie is what people should applaud her for. I think she deserves all the respect for doing that and fighting for this idea. But I honestly cannot say she was snubbed or that she deserved a place in that field of five. Not mentioning women who were not nominated.

The problem Hollywood has the past, probably 10 years is looking at Oscars as if they are going to change the country. The worst part is that the principles, whether it is feminism or diversity issue, only works for people if it is about their favorite actor/director/movie. This year people are ready to ignore so many snubs across the board in acting categories, but BARBIE didn't get one - let's cry sexism. No one cares about Celine Song and Greta Lee - Asian representation is so last year thing! People are so ready to ignore Lily Gladstone's history making nomination because, believe it or not, Leonardo is not nominated (there is a Variety piece that starts with Leo's snub and mentions Lily's historic nomination third). Simply, that social justice warrior of film awards ecosystem works only if it is about popular actors, directors, movies. But, that's just La La Land!  

On 1/25/2024 at 5:03 PM, Darryk said:

The fact that Barbie got snubbed for best director and best actress is kind of ironic. I mean, this was the exact kind of thing the film was complaining about.

Complaining about what exactly?

Barbie, a white blonde woman not getting as much attention as... some other women?

A white blonde woman getting less attention than a man and... a Latina woman?

Yeah, I know, everyone is pretending that America hasn't been nominated (and she doesn't deserve her nomination BTW for reciting that speech) and that Margot was somehow up against Ryan and he won out, rather than in a different category against other women.

But you know what? Even if that were the case, the only reason why that would happen is because Ken was a far more interesting role and gave Ryan much more to do. So if somehow suddenly it's the Triumph of the Patriarchy and Downfall of the Feminism that Ryan got nominated for an acting award and Margot wasn't (which is even more absurd since everyone predicted that immediately after the movie came out, exactly because Ken is the more interesting role), the only people to blame are Greta and Noah for writing Ken as the more interesting character.

He's the one who a member of the marginalized and oppressed gender in his world and has to carve out his identity after being taught he existed only as an accessory for his presumed romantic partner.

47 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

Complaining about what exactly?

Barbie, a white blonde woman not getting as much attention as... some other women?

A white blonde woman getting less attention than a man and... a Latina woman?

Yeah, I know, everyone is pretending that America hasn't been nominated (and she doesn't deserve her nomination BTW for reciting that speech) and that Margot was somehow up against Ryan and he won out, rather than in a different category against other women.

But you know what? Even if that were the case, the only reason why that would happen is because Ken was a far more interesting role and gave Ryan much more to do. So if somehow suddenly it's the Triumph of the Patriarchy and Downfall of the Feminism that Ryan got nominated for an acting award and Margot wasn't (which is even more absurd since everyone predicted that immediately after the movie came out, exactly because Ken is the more interesting role), the only people to blame are Greta and Noah for writing Ken as the more interesting character.

He's the one who a member of the marginalized and oppressed gender in his world and has to carve out his identity after being taught he existed only as an accessory for his presumed romantic partner.

Can't argue with any of that.

I think someone said it best that the online freakout is mostly because 100 million Barbie fans who otherwise couldn't care less about cinema or awards realized that the awards don't necessarily align perfectly with what they think.  So it goes.

1 hour ago, Annara Snow said:

Turns out I am not chronically online enough to know what this is about.

Liar, liar... Pants on fire :D

Paloma Diamond is a legend of Hollywood. She has been nominated for Oscar 18 times, never winning. Her nomination for BREATHE is her 19th nomination. My favorite is THE HUMPS OF MY HEART by the revolutionary director Mishita Fukaksa who told Paloma not to shower or bathe for 6 weeks. 

Paloma is so dedicated to her craft... There is a story about her having to eat 5 ghost peppers with 3 shots of absinth when she was doing the monologue of Lady Macbeth. 

For THE EYES OF EVEREST, she had to have her kidney removed and got frostbites... The woman is unbelievable professional. Sadly Academy doesn't recognize her talent.

She has been dealing with a lot of personal s*it. Being cheated by her husband with her make-up artist and having to endure Oscar losses so many times. She has been through a lot but hopefully she is fine now. 

Fun fact: her dining table is made of wood from the floating door that Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio were during filming of "Titanic". 

We can only hope she wins for BREATHE. The rumor is that she spent 6 years learning how to breathe for that 6-minutes breathing scene. :D

Edited by Mladen

Im not the only one who thinks Margot Robbie’s performance as Barbie wasn’t Oscar worthy, right? Then again, I don’t think anything about Barbie, aside from set and costume design, visual effects and maybe music, and definitely PR team, is award worthy. Either way, no, Margot Robbie wasn’t snubbed of anything and Barbie (along with Margot Robbie) is likely the most celebrated and hyped movie of the first half of the 2020s, and definitely the pop culture peak of the year. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

Im not the only one who thinks Margot Robbie’s performance as Barbie wasn’t Oscar worthy, right? Then again, I don’t think anything about Barbie, aside from set and costume design, visual effects and maybe music, and definitely PR team, is award worthy. Either way, no, Margot Robbie wasn’t snubbed of anything and Barbie (along with Margot Robbie) is likely the most celebrated and hyped movie of the first half of the 2020s, and definitely the pop culture peak of the year. 

Of course not. Margot was great, but it is not Oscar-worrthy performance. My belief she would get nominated was due to the strength of the movie to carry her alongside. After all, America Ferrera got nominated and I would argue, despite her having the big moment, she was worse than Margot. Especially having in mind the Oscar buzz performances... From those five nominated to those who weren't: Fantasia in THE COLOR PURPLE, Natalie Portman in MAY DECEMBER, Teyana Taylor in A THOUSAND AND ONE etc. 

5 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

The craziest thing is that. until the Oscar nominations were announced, I never heard anyone say that Margot was expected to get nominated for Best Actress, and in fact, right after the movie came out, everyone was saying that Ryan Gosling will probably get nominated because he was the standout, while Margot probably won't.

10 hours ago, Mladen said:

Liar, liar... Pants on fire :D

Paloma Diamond is a legend of Hollywood. She has been nominated for Oscar 18 times, never winning. Her nomination for BREATHE is her 19th nomination. My favorite is THE HUMPS OF MY HEART by the revolutionary director Mishita Fukaksa who told Paloma not to shower or bathe for 6 weeks. 

Paloma is so dedicated to her craft... There is a story about her having to eat 5 ghost peppers with 3 shots of absinth when she was doing the monologue of Lady Macbeth. 

For THE EYES OF EVEREST, she had to have her kidney removed and got frostbites... The woman is unbelievable professional. Sadly Academy doesn't recognize her talent.

She has been dealing with a lot of personal s*it. Being cheated by her husband with her make-up artist and having to endure Oscar losses so many times. She has been through a lot but hopefully she is fine now. 

Fun fact: her dining table is made of wood from the floating door that Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio were during filming of "Titanic". 

We can only hope she wins for BREATHE. The rumor is that she spent 6 years learning how to breathe for that 6-minutes breathing scene. :D

This was much funnier when it was about Dawn being there since season 1 of Buffy.

11 hours ago, Mladen said:

Of course not. Margot was great, but it is not Oscar-worrthy performance. My belief she would get nominated was due to the strength of the movie to carry her alongside. After all, America Ferrera got nominated and I would argue, despite her having the big moment, she was worse than Margot. Especially having in mind the Oscar buzz performances... From those five nominated to those who weren't: Fantasia in THE COLOR PURPLE, Natalie Portman in MAY DECEMBER, Teyana Taylor in A THOUSAND AND ONE etc. 

America Ferrara’s performance wasn’t Oscar worthy either. (I’ll refrain from forming an opinion about Ryan Gosling, because I’m not a fan of him, I heartily disliked Ken in the movie and I loathed the movie itself and that’s just one too many biases) Now what I don’t get is getting a bunch of nominations and not being like yay cool we did a great job. No, it’s like, GIVEMEMOREWHYISNTITMOREIDESERVEMOREIMOFFENDED. Come on… Barbie couldn’t be more celebrated if it tried, it was a global phenomenon. 

Margot Robbie isn't complaining about the Oscar nom, I'm sure she'd find it hilarious if she was nominated. It's actually more ridiculous that Ryan Gosling was nominated for Ken. It's a funny performance that I enjoyed but, he was better on SNL doing these things and it's not like he's going to get nominated for awards for that. 

There is just an acceptance of the sort of movie and performance that wins awards, it's a tick box exercise. So no idea why anyone would have any expectations for Barbie to get anything other than production awards. It making a shit ton of cash shouldn't be enough.

On 2/2/2024 at 2:00 AM, Annara Snow said:

This was much funnier when it was about Dawn being there since season 1 of Buffy.

Well, we all have our things... And satire of award shows and Hollywood seems to be mine :D Ironically, as I adore award season. :wub:

16 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

America Ferrara’s performance wasn’t Oscar worthy either. (I’ll refrain from forming an opinion about Ryan Gosling, because I’m not a fan of him, I heartily disliked Ken in the movie and I loathed the movie itself and that’s just one too many biases) Now what I don’t get is getting a bunch of nominations and not being like yay cool we did a great job. No, it’s like, GIVEMEMOREWHYISNTITMOREIDESERVEMOREIMOFFENDED. Come on… Barbie couldn’t be more celebrated if it tried, it was a global phenomenon. 

If I have said this once, I have said a hundred times: As a person who grew up watching James Spader as Alan Shore in BOSTON LEGAL giving incredible monologues on daily basis, not mentioning my love for Aaron Sorkin's work, Ferrera's work is simple mediocre. After having watched FERRARI and ALL OF US STRANGERS, I can't understand who in their right mind would place Ferrera first over the likes of Cruz and Foy (someone please nominate Claire for something... She has been snubbed far too many times)... Not mentioning Randolph, Foster, Brooks, Moore, Pike, Blunt, McAdams, Henson etc. But apparently enough people in acting branch did it. 

Acting categories have become quite problematic in the past years. Best Lead Actor winners in the past 10 years is probably the worst line of winners in history of Academy, with only Hopkins and Affleck standing the test of time. Best Supporting Actress has also become a field where you can easily name 5 other performers and you get equally brilliant lineup. Not mentioning that this category has also had its issues like Laura Dern and Jamie Lee Curtis winning. 

Best Lead Actress has also been in a slump for couple of years with Zellweger, McDormand and Chastain victories. Yeoh made history but the ugliness of last yea's campaign in this category has not been forgotten. Somehow the least problematic seems Supporting Actor category, although I would argue that youngsters such as Melton, Sessa, Mescal and Whishaw deserved recognition. 

11 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Margot Robbie isn't complaining about the Oscar nom, I'm sure she'd find it hilarious if she was nominated. It's actually more ridiculous that Ryan Gosling was nominated for Ken. It's a funny performance that I enjoyed but, he was better on SNL doing these things and it's not like he's going to get nominated for awards for that. 

There is just an acceptance of the sort of movie and performance that wins awards, it's a tick box exercise. So no idea why anyone would have any expectations for Barbie to get anything other than production awards. It making a shit ton of cash shouldn't be enough.

Margot isn't complaining. She has been very clear about that. Not to mention that she understands how these things work and that she has been nominated for BARBIE - as a producer. The Internet outrage is coming from fans, misinformed individuals and lastly, co-stars that are nominated who could use rallying up some votes. America Ferrera didn't accidently received SEEHER award at CCA right in the middle of the Oscar voting period. It's all about timing and speeches :D

The 2023 London Film Critics Circle (LFCC) Winners

Spoiler

Film Of The Year

• All of Us Strangers
  • Anatomy of a Fall
  • Barbie
  • The Holdovers
  • Killers of the Flower Moon
  • May December
  • Oppenheimer
  • Past Lives
  • Poor Things
  • The Zone of Interest

Foreign-Language Film Of The Year

• Anatomy of a Fall
  • The Boy and the Heron
  • Fallen Leaves
  • Past Lives
  • The Zone of Interest

Documentary Of The Year

• 20 Days in Mariupol
  • Beyond Utopia
  • The Eternal Memory
  • Scala!!!
  • Still: A Michael J Fox Movie

Animated Film Of The Year

• The Boy and the Heron
  • Robot Dreams
  • Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
  • Suzume
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Director Of The Year

• Greta Gerwig – Barbie
  • Jonathan Glazer – The Zone of Interest
  • Yorgos Lanthimos – Poor Things
  • Christopher Nolan – Oppenheimer
  • Martin Scorsese – Killers of the Flower Moon

Screenwriter Of The Year

• Andrew Haigh – All of Us Strangers
  • Justine Triet and Arthur Harari – Anatomy of a Fall
  • Celine Song – Past Lives
  • Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach – Barbie

Actress Of The Year

• Lily Gladstone – Killers of the Flower Moon
  • Sandra Hüller – Anatomy of a Fall
  • Greta Lee – Past Lives
  • Carey Mulligan – Maestro
  • Emma Stone – Poor Things

Actor Of The Year

• Bradley Cooper – Maestro
  • Paul Giamatti – The Holdovers
  • Cillian Murphy – Oppenheimer
  • Andrew Scott – All of Us Strangers
  • Jeffrey Wright – American Fiction

Supporting Actress Of The Year

• Claire Foy – All of Us Strangers
  • Sandra Hüller – The Zone of Interest
  • Julianne Moore – May December
  • Rosamund Pike – Saltburn
  • Da’Vine Joy Randolph – The Holdovers

Supporting Actor Of The Year

• Robert Downey Jr – Oppenheimer
  • Ryan Gosling – Barbie
  • Charles Melton – May December
  • Paul Mescal – All of Us Strangers
  • Mark Ruffalo – Poor Things

Breakthrough Performer Of The Year

• Greta Lee – Past Lives
  • Mia McKenna-Bruce – How to Have Sex
  • Vivian Oparah – Rye Lane
  • Dominic Sessa – The Holdovers
  • Cailee Spaeny – Priscilla

Attenborough Award For British/Irish Film Of The Year

• All of Us Strangers
  • How to Have Sex
  • Poor Things
  • Rye Lane
  • The Zone of Interest

Philip French Award For Breakthrough British/Irish Filmmaker

• Raine Allen-Miller – Rye Lane
  • Sam H Freeman and Ng Choon Ping – Femme
  • Molly Manning Walker – How to Have Sex
  • Nida Manzoor – Polite Society
  • Charlotte Regan – Scrapper

British/Irish Performer Of The Year (For Body Of Work)

• Paul Mescal – All of Us Strangers/God’s Creatures/Foe/Carmen
  • Carey Mulligan – Maestro/Saltburn
  • Tilda Swinton – The Eternal Daughter/The Killer/Asteroid City

Young British/Irish Performer Of The Year

• Jaeden Boadilla – Raging Grace
  • Le’Shantey Bonsu – Girl
  • Samuel Bottomley – How to Have Sex
  • Lola Campbell – Scrapper
  • Temilola Olatunbosun – Pretty Red Dress

British/Irish Short Film Of The Year

• For People in Trouble
  • Muna
  • Outlets
  • Predators
  • The Veiled City

Technical Achievement Award

• All of Us Strangers – Casting, Kahleen Crawford
  • Barbie – Production Design, Sarah Greenwood
  • The First Slam Dunk – Sound Design, Kôji Kasamatsu
  • Full Time – Film Editing, Mathilde Van de Moortel
  • Killers of the Flower Moon – Film Editing, Thelma Schoonmaker
  • Medusa Deluxe – Makeup and Hair, Eugene Souleiman
  • Oppenheimer – Visual Effects, Andrew Jackson
  • Past Lives – Cinematography, Shabier Kirchner
  • Poor Things – Costumes, Holly Waddington
  • Saltburn – Casting, Kharmel Cochrane
  • The Zone of Interest – Music and Sound, Mica Levi and Johnnie Burn

Dilys Powell Award For Excellence In Film

• Jeffrey Wright

Derek Malcolm Award For Innovation

• Colman Domingo

The 2024 Grammy Winners (VISUAL MEDIA CATEGORIES)

Spoiler

Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media (Includes Film and Television)

• “Barbie,” Mark Ronson and Andrew Wyatt, composers
  • “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever,” Ludwig Göransson, composer
  • “The Fabelmans,” John Williams, composer
  • “Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny,” John Williams, composer
  • “Oppenheimer,” Ludwig Göransson, composer

Best Song Written for Visual Media

• “Barbie World” from “Barbie the Album,” Naija Gaston, Ephrem Louis Lopez Jr. and Onika Maraj, songwriters (Nicki Minaj and Ice Spice featuring Aqua)
  • “Dance the Night” from “Barbie the Album,” Caroline Ailin, Dua Lipa, Mark Ronson and Andrew Wyatt, songwriters (Dua Lipa)
  • “I’m Just Ken” from “Barbie the Album,” Mark Ronson and Andrew Wyatt, songwriters (Ryan Gosling)
  • “Lift Me Up” from “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever — Music From and Inspired By,” Ryan Coogler, Ludwig Göransson, Robyn Fenty and Temilade Openiyi, songwriters (Rihanna)
  • “What Was I Made For?” from “Barbie the Album,” Billie Eilish O’Connell and Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish)

Best Compilation Soundtrack for Visual Media

• Daisy Jones & The Six – Aurora 
  • Various Artists – Barbie The Album
  • Various Artists – Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – Music From and Inspired By 
  • Various Artists – Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 3: Awesome Mix, Vol. 3 
  • Weird Al Yankovic – Weird: The Al Yankovic Story

Song of the Year

• “A&W” — Jack Antonoff, Lana Del Rey & Sam Dew, songwriters (Lana Del Rey)
  • “Anti-Hero” — Jack Antonoff & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)
  • “Butterfly” — Jon Batiste & Dan Wilson, songwriters (Jon Batiste)
  • “Dance the Night” (From “Barbie the Album”) — Caroline Ailin, Dua Lipa, Mark Ronson & Andrew Wyatt, songwriters (Dua Lipa)
  • “Flowers” — Miley Cyrus, Gregory Aldae Hein & Michael Pollack, songwriters (Miley Cyrus)
  • “Kill Bill” — Rob Bisel, Carter Lang & Solána Rowe, songwriters (SZA)
  • “Vampire” — Daniel Nigro & Olivia Rodrigo, songwriters (Oliva Rodrigo)
  • “What Was I Made For?” [From the Motion Picture “Barbie”] — Billie Eilish O’Connell & Finneas O’Connell, songwriters (Billie Eilish)
Edited by Mladen

5 hours ago, Mladen said:

The 2023 London Film Critics Circle (LFCC) Winners

Hide contents

Film Of The Year

• All of Us Strangers
  • Anatomy of a Fall
  • Barbie
  • The Holdovers
  • May December
  • Oppenheimer
  • Past Lives
  • Poor Things
  • The Zone of Interest

• Anatomy of a Fall
  • The Boy and the Heron
  • Fallen Leaves
  • Past Lives
  • The Zone of Interest

Documentary Of The Year

• 20 Days in Mariupol
  • Beyond Utopia
  • The Eternal Memory
  • Scala!!!
  • Still: A Michael J Fox Movie

Animated Film Of The Year

• The Boy and the Heron
  • Robot Dreams
  • Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
  • Suzume
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem

Director Of The Year

• Greta Gerwig – Barbie
  • Jonathan Glazer – The Zone of Interest
  • Yorgos Lanthimos – Poor Things
  • Martin Scorsese – Killers of the Flower Moon

Screenwriter Of The Year

• Andrew Haigh – All of Us Strangers
  • Justine Triet and Arthur Harari – Anatomy of a Fall
  • Celine Song – Past Lives
  • Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach – Barbie

Actress Of The Year

• Lily Gladstone – Killers of the Flower Moon
  • Sandra Hüller – Anatomy of a Fall
  • Greta Lee – Past Lives
  • Carey Mulligan – Maestro
  • Emma Stone – Poor Things

Actor Of The Year

• Bradley Cooper – Maestro
  • Paul Giamatti – The Holdovers
  • Jeffrey Wright – American Fiction

Supporting Actress Of The Year

• Claire Foy – All of Us Strangers
  • Sandra Hüller – The Zone of Interest
  • Julianne Moore – May December
  • Rosamund Pike – Saltburn
  • Da’Vine Joy Randolph – The Holdovers

Supporting Actor Of The Year

• Robert Downey Jr – Oppenheimer
  • Ryan Gosling – Barbie
  • Charles Melton – May December
  • Paul Mescal – All of Us Strangers
  • Mark Ruffalo – Poor Things

Breakthrough Performer Of The Year

• Greta Lee – Past Lives
  • Mia McKenna-Bruce – How to Have Sex
  • Vivian Oparah – Rye Lane
  • Dominic Sessa – The Holdovers
  • Cailee Spaeny – Priscilla

Attenborough Award For British/Irish Film Of The Year

• All of Us Strangers
  • How to Have Sex
  • Poor Things
  • Rye Lane
  • The Zone of Interest

Philip French Award For Breakthrough British/Irish Filmmaker

• Raine Allen-Miller – Rye Lane
  • Sam H Freeman and Ng Choon Ping – Femme
  • Molly Manning Walker – How to Have Sex
  • Nida Manzoor – Polite Society
  • Charlotte Regan – Scrapper

British/Irish Performer Of The Year (For Body Of Work)

• Paul Mescal – All of Us Strangers/God’s Creatures/Foe/Carmen
  • Carey Mulligan – Maestro/Saltburn
  • Tilda Swinton – The Eternal Daughter/The Killer/Asteroid City

Young British/Irish Performer Of The Year

• Jaeden Boadilla – Raging Grace
  • Le’Shantey Bonsu – Girl
  • Samuel Bottomley – How to Have Sex
  • Lola Campbell – Scrapper
  • Temilola Olatunbosun – Pretty Red Dress

British/Irish Short Film Of The Year

• For People in Trouble
  • Muna
  • Outlets
  • Predators
  • The Veiled City

Technical Achievement Award

• All of Us Strangers – Casting, Kahleen Crawford
  • Barbie – Production Design, Sarah Greenwood
  • The First Slam Dunk – Sound Design, Kôji Kasamatsu
  • Full Time – Film Editing, Mathilde Van de Moortel
  • Killers of the Flower Moon – Film Editing, Thelma Schoonmaker
  • Medusa Deluxe – Makeup and Hair, Eugene Souleiman
  • Oppenheimer – Visual Effects, Andrew Jackson
  • Past Lives – Cinematography, Shabier Kirchner
  • Poor Things – Costumes, Holly Waddington
  • Saltburn – Casting, Kharmel Cochrane
  • The Zone of Interest – Music and Sound, Mica Levi and Johnnie Burn

Dilys Powell Award For Excellence In Film

• Jeffrey Wright

Derek Malcolm Award For Innovation

• Colman Domingo

Film Of The Year

• All of Us Strangers
  • Anatomy of a Fall
  • Barbie
  • The Holdovers
  • May December
  • Oppenheimer
  • Past Lives
  • Poor Things
  • The Zone of Interest

• Anatomy of a Fall
  • The Boy and the Heron
  • Fallen Leaves
  • Past Lives
  • The Zone of Interes

This is very funny.

So, The Zone of Interest is a better film than Past Lives, but Past Lives in a better  film than the Zone of Interest. OK.

1 minute ago, Annara Snow said:

Film Of The Year

• All of Us Strangers
  • Anatomy of a Fall
  • Barbie
  • The Holdovers
  • May December
  • Oppenheimer
  • Past Lives
  • Poor Things
  • The Zone of Interest

• Anatomy of a Fall
  • The Boy and the Heron
  • Fallen Leaves
  • Past Lives
  • The Zone of Interes

This is very funny.

So, The Zone of Interest is a better film than Past Lives, but Past Lives in a better  film than the Zone of Interest. OK.

I think you can't win both like with many Critics Circles. It may be nonsensical but I think most of them do it that way. 

• Mladen changed the title to FILM AWARDS SEASON 2023/2024 (Update: Writers Guild of America - Winners)