Trailer Thread

AncalagonTheBlack

Horizon: An American Saga is an upcoming two-part American epic Western film co-written, produced, directed by and starring Kevin Costner.

Cast

And being a two-parter over a summer. On the one hand, that's pretty refreshing in the days where movie/shows are taking multiple year between parts. On the other, will people turnout out twice in one summer for a western?

Feels like a Netflix/Amazon 8 episode season being released as a two-part feature. 

The Bikeriders is a 2023 American drama film written and directed by Jeff Nichols. It tells a fictional story inspired by the 1967 photo-book of the same name by Danny Lyon depicting the lives of the Outlaws MC, a Chicago-based motorcycle club.

Cast

Edited by AncalagonTheBlack

On 2/20/2024 at 3:10 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Civil War is an upcoming action film written and directed by Alex Garland. The film stars Kirsten Dunst, Wagner Moura, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Cailee Spaeny, Jesse Plemons, and Nick Offerman. The film follows a team of journalists who travel across the United States during the rapidly escalating Second American Civil War, which has engulfed the entire nation

I saw the trailer in cinema and I loled when they mentioned that there is a faction that is Texas/California.

Sugar is intriguing, neo-noir but everything I've read repeats that it has a "genre-bending science fiction" element that is pretty wholly invisible as far as this trailer goes. Hmm... The most interesting thing, IMO, is that executive producer and director of the show is Fernando Meirelles, who directed the phenomenal City of God and also The Constant Gardener

ETA: The Wild Robot trailer was wonderful, but I looked and it seems that the robot and animals all have voice actors attached, which is a shame because a mostly-dialogless film along the lines of Wall-E or The Red Turtle -- which the trailer implies -- can be very powerful.

Also, corrected the information I had about Sugar. That makes a lot more sense, but it's still pretty invisible (though the bits with Sugar having strange visions and disorientation are probably a hint.)

Edited by Ran

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Sugar is intriguing, neo-noir but everything I've read repeats that it has a "genre-bending science fiction" element that is pretty wholly invisible as far as this trailer goes. Hmm... The most interesting thing, IMO, is that executive producer and director of the show is Fernando Meirelles, who directed the phenomenal City of God and also The Constant Gardener

That certainly makes it an intriguing entertainment option.  The trailer looked good, but science fiction as well?  Count me in.

15 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

How have I not heard of this? It looks spectacular. Variety says many of the performers are formerly-incarcerated, although obviously the film is anchored by Colman Domingo. Which reminds me, need to see Rustin.