Israel - Hamas war XIII

kissdbyfire

Interesting PBS doc on Israel - Palestine.

Damn Hamas, Bibi & his thugs. What a disgusting group of people who totally deserve and help each others and stand firmly blocking any possibility of a reasonable solution that could work for Israelis and Palestinians. But no, everyone must suffer so these nasty arseholes can remain in powerful positions. 

And they keep doing this type of thing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-palestinian-children-west-bank-1.7062531?cmp=newsletter_Morning Headlines from CBC News_1613_1330762

For anyone wondering if the killing of the hostages was how the IDF operated with the only difference being these guys were Israeli, yeah pretty much.

Givati, a former combat soldier, said the IDF always finds a way to justify its actions as an "operational error" or "not intentional," adding the lack of any real consequences for the killings or abuse of Palestinians has created a "permissive" atmosphere to use lethal force against civilians — including children. 

Which if you know anything about the military at all, you could pretty much have guessed from the beginning.

Most moral army in the world, just acting how anyone would in this situation.

FFS, even if I accepted that was true, and I don't I do genuinely think people are better than that, when the fuck did giving into our baser urges become an excuse? And perhaps more importantly, why does this go in only one direction? Actually, much like with whether or not what happened with the hostages was common, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

And they keep doing this type of thing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-palestinian-children-west-bank-1.7062531?cmp=newsletter_Morning Headlines from CBC News_1613_1330762

For anyone wondering if the killing of the hostages was how the IDF operated with the only difference being these guys were Israeli, yeah pretty much.

Which if you know anything about the military at all, you could pretty much have guessed from the beginning.

Most moral army in the world, just acting how anyone would in this situation.

FFS, even if I accepted that was true, and I don't I do genuinely think people are better than that, when the fuck did giving into our baser urges become an excuse? And perhaps more importantly, why does this go in only one direction? Actually, much like with whether or not what happened with the hostages was common, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer.

What if I distracted you from the atrocities of the IDF with a tu quoque fallacy that drew their actions into comparison with a terrorist organization? 

Edited by Matrim Fox Cauthon

Not gonna post any of the tweets because they all have videos that are pretty awful to look at and I'm not interested in posting corpses, but Israel has been bulldozing Palestinian cemeteries in Gaza, this is the second one I have seen reports about in the last week or so. Israel won't even allow the dead peace.

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

They keep saying this type of thing.

You guys keep falling into this trap. An extremist with no power calling for something radical on the Israeli side is seen as ZOMG, how could they say that? An extremist on the Hamas and yes, Palestinian side saying the exact same thing, who cares. 

When the current government of the Israeli government seems to be enabling the Settlers and the far right movement of Israel, then what these people are saying is a pretty good indication of what direction the country may be heading towards. Much like with how Trump's rhetoric and policies seemed oriented around enabling the far right party. Why should we be shocked by their actions when they then do what they said that they would do? 

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

You guys keep falling into this trap. An extremist with no power calling for something radical on the Israeli side is seen as ZOMG, how could they say that? An extremist on the Hamas and yes, Palestinian side saying the exact same thing, who cares. 

How can you say such stuff and nonesense?

Extremists exercise enormous power.  For proof, look at them here in the US and what They have accomplished, and what They expect to accomplish in the very near future and present. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Should some known dipshit mayor of a small town in Ohio making crazy statements matter?

Maybe not, but the Prime Minister, President, Finance Minister, Minister of Agriculture, Minister of Defence, a Minister in the Emergency Cabinet and multiple Knesset members all making crazy statements should be ringing alarm bells, no?

40 minutes ago, Zorral said:

How can you say such stuff and nonesense?

Extremists exercise enormous power.  For proof, look at them here in the US and what They have accomplished, and what They expect to accomplish in the very near future and present. 

Having worked for someone that ran for mayor of a small, but larger town, no. The population is less than 5,000. Who gives a shit what she said. And again, she left office in 2007, never to win election since. She gets more oxygen from these silly posts that anything else. Do you not get these people are saying crazy shit to get attention? How do you think Trump or MTG rose to power? By thoughtful policy debates? You're getting sucked right in to that which you hate. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Settlers have been armed by the government and given IDF protection as they attack Palestinians in the West Bank, they have enormous amounts of power, saying anything else is a lie to make yourself feel better. That fucking tweet is not what allows them to force hundred of settlements into the west bank despite international pressure against it.

22 minutes ago, TrueMetis said:

Settlers have been armed by both the US & Israeli governments and given IDF protection as they attack Palestinians in the West Bank, they have enormous amounts of power, saying anything else is a lie to make yourself feel better. That fucking tweet is not what allows them to force hundred of settlements into the west bank despite international pressure against it.

FTFY. 

4 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Having worked for someone that ran for mayor of a small, but larger town, no. The population is less than 5,000. Who gives a shit what she said. And again, she left office in 2007, never to win election since. She gets more oxygen from these silly posts that anything else. Do you not get these people are saying crazy shit to get attention? How do you think Trump or MTG rose to power? By thoughtful policy debates? You're getting sucked right in to that which you hate. 

You are desperate my friend, to not even see what you have just posted is a proof of your stuff and nonsense.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Desperate is citing a small town mayor who left office over 15 years ago. 

We have seen members of the current government calling for the ethnic cleansing of Gaza, but of course, they're just fringe figures who aren't representative of anything, right? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, GrimTuesday said:

We have seen members of the current government calling for the ethnic cleansing of Gaza, but of course, they're just fringe figures who aren't representative of anything, right? :rolleyes:

We have seen basically every member of the current government of Gaza calling for the ethnic cleansing of Israel, but of course, they're not fringe figures like this random person who represents no one. :P

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We have seen basically every member of the current government of Gaza calling for the ethnic cleansing of Israel, but of course, they're not fringe figures like this random person who represents no one. :P

Silly me, I forgot that Gaza is the so called only true democracy in the middle east that currently has Israel under an apartheid regime and actually has the power to carry out the ethnic cleansing campaign in question.

You whine about double standards without understanding that the Palestinian resistance and the Israeli state are not in any way comparable. One is a terrorist/liberatory organization where as the other is the most powerful state in the middle east and has the express and unyielding backing of the global hegemon. To try to hold them to the same standard is disingenuous and only serves to deflect criticism and obfuscate the material conditions that creates these terrorist groups.