Football: VARying degrees of dissatisfaction inside.

A Horse Named Stranger

Just now, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He could easily have stayed another year and developed the team further.

How do you know? 

Just now, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I'm disappointed with Klopp.

I know it's emotional news but come on. He wouldn't owe y'all anything even if he wasn't feeling like he needs to go for his health.

He probably would have more league titles if Liverpool were also able to conjure up fake sponsorships and breach 100+ FFP regulations. Anyway, questioning Klopp's ambition after he turned Liverpool around from laughingstock to serious contenders for top honours is pretty pathetic.

Edited by Consigliere

He seems like he really, REALLY needs a break.

"If you ask me 'Will you ever work as a manager again?' i would say now 'No', but i don't know obviously how that will be because I've never had the situation. What I know definitely I will never manage a different club in England than Liverpool. 100%. That's not possible. My love for this club, my respect for the people is so big I couldn't, couldn't for a second think about it. There's no chance."

Sorry for your loss, @BigFatCoward :P 

14 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Horrible news. Why now? He could easily have stayed another year and developed the team further.

What makes you think he could? And if he's at the state he appears to be at now, it would definitely not be easy for him. 

19 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

He did his best with what he had at his disposal. There's nothing more you can expect from him or anyone else.

I'd rather he left and found whatever new purpose he feels he needs to find than watch him wither away on our bench. 

58 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Also it is madness to announce it in advance, why not wait until the end of the season.

I would guess they want to nail down his replacement and don’t think they can keep the recruitment process quiet. It’s better he announces it rather than it leaking out.

29 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Horrible news. Why now? He could easily have stayed another year and developed the team further.

Doesn't he want to watch n more than 1 PL? :(

Bloody hell. Come on, Klopp’s basically the best thing to happen to Liverpool in my lifetime. He’s more than earned the right to do whatever the hell he likes.

13 minutes ago, baxus said:

He seems like he really, REALLY needs a break.

Sorry for your loss, @BigFatCoward :P 

I think you underestimate how much money and how many beheading tools we can bring to the conversation. 

Good for him, it he's burnt out he has earned it.  

15 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I would guess they want to nail down his replacement and don’t think they can keep the recruitment process quiet. It’s better he announces it rather than it leaking out.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already lined someone up.

This has obviously been brewing for a while, though we can't know for sure when Klopp informed the board and/or the owners. If they kept a lid on it they might have already held some talks with possible replacements.

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Klopp hasn't looked like he's enjoyed the game for a while

I was commenting on that with my friends. He's been very angry at touchline for a while now, very different from his behaviour in the earlier stages of his Liverpool career.

Edited by baxus

6 minutes ago, baxus said:

I was commenting on that with my friends. He's been very angry at touchline for a while now, very different from his behaviour in the earlier stages of his Liverpool career.

Yeah exactly, he's hardly cheering goals Liverpool score, instead I just see him almost violently do his fist pump move in a sort of 'fuck you' motion. He's always look a bit angry, but certainly it's gotten pretty consistent over the past couple of years.

Very sad to see him leave. Thanks for all he brought to the club, we’ve been very lucky to have him.  I hope a break helps him.  I wonder if the players can stay focused for the rest of the season — I still remember how Kenny’s announcement derailed the title challenge all those years ago.

Now the club need to recruit a DoF, manager and coaching staff.  It’s a pity we don’t have an institutional DoF for continuity.

17 hours ago, Consigliere said:

There are reports that an agreement has been reached for Boey (€20m + add-ons). Boey was also left out of Galatasaray's squad for their game today.

Looks like Gala have managed to negotiate a better fee. Reports now saying that the fee agreed is €30m + add-ons.

Burnout in high pressure jobs is a real thing. It's worse when it's a public facing job and it has to be even more magnifying being the coach in a rabid sport. Announcing early isn't a bad thing. It might motivate the team to get one more title for him while allowing everyone to plan for the future. It only looks bad if he quickly takes another gig, but based on his comments he does seem stressed out to the nines and needs a vacation.