US Politics: Happy Anniversary.

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

My Nana's IQ probably halved in a year.  She was smart as shit at 90. 

It can go quick and since this is the US thread, I worry that because of people's diets here and willingness to believe dumb shit our brain rot is probably far worse than you Eurocommies. But the UK is trying to keep up! 

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

All-Female City Council Marks a ‘Turning Point’ for a Twin City
For the first time in St. Paul, Minn., all seven City Council members are women. They also make up the youngest and most racially diverse council in the city’s history.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/10/us/st-paul-women-city-council.html

Hey, look at my hometown. 

46 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

It can go quick and since this is the US thread, I worry that because of people's diets here and willingness to believe dumb shit our brain rot is probably far worse than you Eurocommies. But the UK is trying to keep up! 

Wait till we convince them to accept our pink slime meat-like products.

Just saw a woman being interviewed in Iowa and holy smokes... she was asked who she'd vote for, she said Mango

She was then asked if she had to rate him on a scale of 0 - 10, she rates him 10 (duh). And when asked why she loves him so much she says he's being prosecuted for "them", just like Jezuz died for them. WTAF, really, people like her are lost forever, there's no coming back from this level of insanity and stupidity. 

13 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

she says he's being prosecuted for "them", just like Jezuz died for them. WTAF, really, people like her are lost forever, there's no coming back from this level of insanity and stupidity. 

Linked to reports of these people and their belief he's the prosecuted messiah and savior -- this has gotten even crazier since the charades of truck convoys etc. in the wake of Jan 6 and investigations and arrests.

31 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Wait till we convince them to accept our pink slime meat-like products.

Suppositories, right? 

26 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Just saw a woman being interviewed in Iowa and holy smokes... she was asked who she'd vote for, she said Mango

She was then asked if she had to rate him on a scale of 0 - 10, she rates him 10 (duh). And when asked why she loves him so much she says he's being prosecuted for "them", just like Jezuz died for them. WTAF, really, people like her are lost forever, there's no coming back from this level of insanity and stupidity. 

Real Murika is dumb. Just accept it. Why do you think I quit working in politics despite loving it. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

Real Murika is dumb. Just accept it. Why do you think I quit working in politics despite loving it. 

My real political slogan is “Make Politics Boring Again”.  The Republicans turning American Politics into a reality television show is damaging all of us. 

16 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Linked to reports of these people and their belief he's the prosecuted messiah and savior -- this has gotten even crazier since the charades of truck convoys etc. in the wake of Jan 6 and investigations and arrests.

I know, my mind knows this but I do struggle to accept it b/c it's just too fucking stupid. It's like a prank or a bad movie? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Chatywin et al. said:

I don’t think this is an exclusively american problem, but more like a humanity problem, in part. Like, 30% of the world population are just really dumb and gullible. And then when the dumb and gullible people are also  religious zealots and here we are. 

But maybe that's exactly why people like you should be involved, so that the dummy fanatics don't win. 

9 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

My real political slogan is “Make Politics Boring Again”.  The Republicans turning American Politics into a reality television show is damaging all of us. 

100%. It's suppose to be boring with a bunch of unsexy wonks. Now it's filled with reality and YouTube stars or those dying to be one. Bring back the nerds who reluctantly go on TV. 

Edited by Mr. Chatywin et al.

54 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Evangelicals really are a special type of dumb and crazy.

6 minutes ago, Durckad said:

Evangelicals really are a special type of dumb and crazy.

I don’t really understand religion but I respect people's beliefs and have many friends who have religion in their lives and faith and all that. But the religious fanatic zealots of every faith deserve a special spot in the hell they believe in - though I'm not sure all faiths have a hell? Who cares, they deserve a special spot in hell or their faith's equivalent. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

30 minutes ago, Zorral said:

This nation has been destroyed by 5 ring circuses of idiots.  What a farce -- but also right out of the McCarthy playbook -- secret depositions and lies.

Did you see Mace glancing down while she was chewing Biden out? She was reading a prepared statement that was rendered moot because he was literally sitting in the room. She just said to herself, "Fuck it, I'm going anyway."

Priceless. 

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Like, 30% of the world population are just really dumb and gullible.

Or desperate for salvation from change and others and a whole buncha stuff they don't understand, because, well, maybe because they are dumb and gullible, but then why are they that? is it in the interests of all those who profit from controlling interests? -- and since they don't or won't or can't understand it -- like men can't understand women -- these things are evil -- so witch burnings and desire for redemption and a messiah to take them into the perfect world and save them from this one.

9 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

though I'm not sure all faiths have a hell?

Christianity definitely believes in hell.  How could they have an all loving gawd w/o hell?  I'm only familiar with Christianity, as I was raised Catholic.  (which at age 18 I walked away from and never looked back)

3 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Or desperate for salvation from change and others and a whole buncha stuff they don't understand, because, well, maybe because they are dumb and gullible, but then why are they that? is it in the interests of all those who profit from controlling interests? -- and since they don't or won't or can't understand it -- like men can't understand women -- these things are evil -- so witch burnings and desire for redemption and a messiah to take them into the perfect world and save them from this one.

Yeah, all of that. In other words, dumb and gullible! How can anyone think they're better than someone else b/c of some dumb af argument that is based on bigotry and hatred? They were told as much, and b/c they can't think critically, they believe it. And here we are.