Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

10 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Tierney is the guy who gifted City the title ahead Liverpool by not awarding Everton a blatant penalty for handball in the dying minutes against City.  And he has a huge track record of negative decisions against Liverpool when refereeing them.  He’s been a meme and a bogeyman among Liverpool supporters for years.  Trying to recreate him now as central to some pro-Liverpool conspiracy sounds like peak AFTV.  But have fun with it.

None of the rage-bait shows Konate getting kicked in the head by a Forest player at the corner kick (not a collision with Kelleher) as the reason for the stoppage.

Sorry mate but Konate wasn't kicked. You can show a single still where his foot is near his head from an angle that shows no actual contact (because it can't from that angle) but if you watch the full replay in real time, it went right past him and he hit his own keeper. 

The point isn't that Tierney is for Liverpool. The point is that he's a horribly incompetent ref that his punishment for fucking up in the dying moments of a crucial game is to VAR another team where every decision matters. It's pretty damn poor.

1 minute ago, ljkeane said:

I saw all the uproar before I'd seen the game so I assumed the ball had been passed straight to Nunez and he scored, possession changes hands about 3 times before the Liverpool goal. Plus, yeah, the 'correct' decision should have been a Liverpool free kick for Konate getting booted in the head.

This is true and Forest is at fault for not clearing it but when there is 2 minutes in the game and you take away the opportunity for Forest to burn 30-60s, it absolutely matters. Instead of Liverpool having 2-3 shots at hoofing the ball into the box, they may only have one or two and that's the difference between winning and drawing in this game.

3 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Sorry mate but Konate wasn't kicked. You can show a single still where his foot is near his head from an angle that shows no actual contact (because it can't from that angle) but if you watch the full replay in real time, it went right past him and he hit his own keeper.

Not sure about that but it doesn't really matter. The foul is playing the ball in dangerous manner, you don't have to make contact. High boot in a crowded box near someone's head is a foul.

I stopped watching after the first goal ‘cause, you know, Sheffield United aren’t getting a goal so game over but, bloody hell, they’re 4 down already? That’s embarrassing even by their standards this season.

10 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I stopped watching after the first goal ‘cause, you know, Sheffield United aren’t getting a goal so game over but, bloody hell, they’re 4 down already? That’s embarrassing even by their standards this season.

15 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

They might not win the league, but they are trying in the right way. 

I've come to accept that we probably won't win the league because I think City is just too strong. But our 2024 form is the most fun I've had watching football... maybe ever. That counts for a lot to me.

Edited by Mexal

To rain a bit on the gooner's parade... While winning games 5-0 or 6-0 is fun, those dirty little 1 goal wins, when you don't play at your absolute optimum and which nobody talks about in 3 years are the hallmakrs of champions. City has those games (2x vs. Newcastle, Brentford and Bournemouth recently), Liverpool obviously has those games (in abundance) too.

55 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

To rain a bit on the gooner's parade... While winning games 5-0 or 6-0 is fun, those dirty little 1 goal wins, when you don't play at your absolute optimum and which nobody talks about in 3 years are the hallmakrs of champions. City has those games (2x vs. Newcastle, Brentford and Bournemouth recently), Liverpool obviously has those games (in abundance) too.

As a fan of a team that won a few of those types last year and still lost the title, I’ll be happy to watch my team dominate others. It’s a more relaxing experience. Regardless, we won 1-0 against city with a goal in the 86th minute.

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

To rain a bit on the gooner's parade... While winning games 5-0 or 6-0 is fun, those dirty little 1 goal wins, when you don't play at your absolute optimum and which nobody talks about in 3 years are the hallmakrs of champions.

We were doing that for the first half of this season but still winning, then we couldn't win a game or score a goal for a few games. Then we went to Dubai and have come back on fire. Could be we're peaking at the right time of the season.

Edited by Spockydog

9 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Scrappy 1-0  is good when you should have drawn or lost. Being in banging form is obviously much better. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

@A Horse Named Stranger

Florian Plettenberg.Is he reliable with regards to Bayern? He's claiming Xabi is going to Bayern .

Overselling stuff. Thus far the rumour is, that Alonso is tempted by the Bayern job (no shit) and that first talks are taking place.

Alonso has thus far not signed a contract with Bayern. That might change, and since it's football things can move rather quick. Leverkusen is (unsurprisingly) rather annoyed at those reports.

On the other hand 'Calli' Calmund (former Leverkusen DOF) has explicitly said, that Alonso is not going Bayern. So there's a chance that Alonso has indeed signed a contract, since Calli is usually talking shit.

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger