Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

52 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

In the stories I'm seeing, it's cocaine smuggling. Eek.

He was convicted in the Netherlands for aggravated assault in 2023 (stabbed his cousin in the leg) and sentenced to 18 months. Was also convicted of cocaine trafficking last month and sentenced to 6 years. I'm seeing some other reports saying that he was detained at Dubai airport because of his conviction in the Netherlands for drug trafficking - no mention of the alleged hit-and-run incident from other reports.

Beto is a hardworking striker. Strong. Decent hold-up player. 

But man, is his finishing sh*t. Straight at the keeper one-on-one, and then he misses a penalty. If we can get about what we gave for him in the summer, I'd say send him straight out again. 

19 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Beto is a hardworking striker. Strong. Decent hold-up player. 

But man, is his finishing sh*t. Straight at the keeper one-on-one, and then he misses a penalty. If we can get about what we gave for him in the summer, I'd say send him straight out again. 

You were saying? 

Posted (edited)

So Liverpool are basically trading blows with Forest with neither side being able to score.

Sorry scousers, you are not gonna win the league this way. On the brighter side of things Brentford turned the tables in their match against Boehly's Blue Bottlers.

I should have kept my mouth shut Chelsea equalized. :/

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

17 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Sorry scousers, you are not gonna win the league this way.

You were saying? :lol:

That game shows why the title chase will collapse under this injury crisis.  Even with the second string and kids playing their hearts out lately, they looked exhausted today after too many games in quick succession.  Tired legs and tired minds were struggling to be crisp at finishing, and Forest know very well how to defend deep.

That said, we’ve escaped for today.  And watching Forest complain after their time-wasting, clogging and negative tactics all day feels like some sweet schadenfreude, even though it’s mostly my relief at not dropping points.

10 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

That City will tear you apart if you trade chances with them without taking yours :)

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. ;) 

Why did Liverpool get the ball after Konate went down with an injury in the box?  Hudson-Odoi had control of it on the left, play was stopped to check Konate, and then they switched possession to Liverpool and they went on the attack. 

13 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Why did Liverpool get the ball after Konate went down with an injury in the box?  Hudson-Odoi had control of it on the left, play was stopped to check Konate, and then they switched possession to Liverpool and they went on the attack. 

Liverpool decided that the standards for sportsmanship do not apply late in game when chasing a goal. They should have given it back to Forest because Forest had clear control at the edge of their box before their own defender ran into their own goalkeeper.

25 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Liverpool decided that the standards for sportsmanship do not apply late in game when chasing a goal. They should have given it back to Forest because Forest had clear control at the edge of their box before their own defender ran into their own goalkeeper.

Forest did the very same thing earlier when the game was stopped for the Yates head injury.  I think the Liverpool players were fed up being the polite mugs being taken advantage of by the opponent’s cynicism.

1 minute ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Forest did the very same thing earlier when the game was stopped for the Yates head injury.  I think the Liverpool players were fed up being the polite mugs being taken advantage of by the opponent’s cynicism.

Worked for them. 

Obviously I should really be rooting for Aston Villa to lose and give us the smallest chance to haul them in, but realistically we're not gonna anyway, and them and Arsenal are the only non-heinous teams in the title race so... that's fine. 

Think I'll revise my opinion and put Arsenal above Liverpool as the side most likely to take the title off City. Liverpool has injury problems and also Arsenal are the best defensive unit in the league (opponents really struggle to create even half chances against them) and that solidity always gives you a chance to win games even if the team has an off day. The goals have started to flow for them as well.

Edited by Consigliere

Liverpool reminds me of us last year. This game was Bournemouth for us. Opponents have put up over 5xg in last 3 games and haven’t given up a goal. Regression to mean with all those injuries is bound to happen.

• Ran locked this topic