Football: You can take Poch out of Spurs...or playing Boehly's Billion Bottlers Blues.

West Ham made a big difference to our deficit to the Bundesliga.  From almost a full point deficit it is now down to 0.107.  We have the current favourites for all 3 tournaments, we should be ok.  

Italy still way out in front

1 Italy 17.714
2 Germany 16.357
3 England 16.250
Edited by BigFatCoward

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

I don't think you realise how badly we lack depth. Having someone who's apparently a high-prem-level-at-least player in four positions at once would be a fucking lifesaver. 

We can't afford Kudus anyway.

Going back to yesterday's discussion of worst transfers in history. I think Lukaku from Inter to Chelsea deserves a special mention there. How that one played out, it's right up there with the Mudryk, Sancho, and Anthony transfers.

Arsenal v Bayern - Harry will be up for it

Athletico v Dortmund

RM v Man City

Barca v PSG

Semi Final Arsenal have to go through City or RM.  

Edited by BigFatCoward

3 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Atleti, Dortmund, Barca and PSG will all be very happy with their draws and route to the final. All the tournament heavyweights are on the other side of the draw.

They were the 4 favourites before the draw, all being on the same side is unfortunate.

48 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

They were the 4 favourites before the draw, all being on the same side is unfortunate.

Unfortunate indeed. And Arsenal has first leg in quarters and semis (if they make it that far). I’m happy with Bayern (we owe them for that 2017 drubbing), not so much City/RM. That’s CL for you. 

Favourable draw for Liverpool. They will be very happy about how the EL and CL draws played out.

Liverpool vs Atalanta

Benfica vs Marseille

Benfica/Marseille vs Liverpool/Atalanta semifinal

Milan vs Roma

Leverkusen vs West Ham

Milan/Roma vs Leverkusen/West Ham semifinal

Edited by Consigliere

5 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Favourable draw for Liverpool. They will be very happy about how the EL and CL draws played out.

Hadn't thought about that, definitely will take more out of their rivals than Atalanta should out of them. 

37 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Unfortunate indeed. And Arsenal has first leg in quarters and semis (if they make it that far). I’m happy with Bayern (we owe them for that 2017 drubbing), not so much City/RM. That’s CL for you. 

I think that’s a reasonable draw for Arsenal. Bayern’s not the easiest possible draw but it’s not too bad in their current state. City and Real play each other so they’ll only have to play one of them. Ideally I suppose you’d want to avoid them altogether but that doesn’t seem likely.

The thing with Bayern is that it's not just a Tuchel problem. Quite a few of the Bayern stalwarts have been phoning it in domestically this season but they might just rouse themselves enough to actually put in the effort in a big CL knockout tie. So potentially a difficult tie for Arsenal since Bayern still have plenty of top class players.

Edited by Consigliere

Not just phoned it in, they still have problems with the unbalanced squad Salihamidzic left behind. CL is the last remaining title Bayern could win on their own. For the league they would need a Leverkusen implosion. Their players also still want to play the Euros at home. Nagelsmann has announced his squad for the final games before the Euros. He called up six rookies + Leverkusen's Andrich and Stuttgart's Führich (who have one cap). Bayern omissions. Sane (who is suspended after getting sent off during their loss against Austria), Gnabry (just back after an injury lay off) and Goretzka. Goretzka was dropped purely because he has been playing poorly this season. So Nagelsmann has sorta put his old players on notice. He also cut Dortmund's number of players down to one call up (Füllkrug).

Uncapped players he called up include Bayern's youngster Pavlovic (the DM Tuchel promoted), Heidenheim's Beste, Stuttgart's Mittelstädt, Anton and Undav (on loan from Brighton), and Hoffenheim's Beier.

It looks like Nagelsmann sent a warning with this selection, that he has enlarged his scope and that he is prepared to drop out of form players (even if that means calling up players with limited to no experience).

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

I think that’s a reasonable draw for Arsenal. Bayern’s not the easiest possible draw but it’s not too bad in their current state. City and Real play each other so they’ll only have to play one of them. Ideally I suppose you’d want to avoid them altogether but that doesn’t seem likely.

I would have preferred almost any team on the other side of the bracket besides Athletico, but such is life. Reality is I don't care. This is what CL football is and I'm super happy to have some fun (and tense) games ahead. If we lose to Bayern, it sucks but man if we win and then get to take on RM/City to get to the finals, that would be something. Just makes it that much sweeter.

Plus, the 90m we took in for getting this far will be super useful to get a striker in the summer.

Edited by Mexal

• Ran locked this topic