The beginning and the end of the Darkness

Kierria

19 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

The Starks' part in the story is the representation of human emotions that cause more harm than good. 

Like when Daenerys has some people tortured because she feels angry, right? Do you agree Daenerys should be replaced with a robot?

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Nah, different targets same dumb fanfic.

lmao bruh

1 hour ago, Castellan said:

I thought the OP was quite amusing.

They are amusing, in a frustrating manner. You have to admire the sheer persistence of whoever set this up. 

In all honesty, these people are probably Flat Earthers/Young Earth Creationists irl

On 3/7/2024 at 9:31 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

There is also that bit with (Bran) eventually finding out it was Jaime who broke his body and why.

This is a popular "prediction" amongst the Stark-hating Dany-worshipping crowd, but this foretelling of the monster Bran will become "when he finds out" that Jaime pushed him out the window is proof that Bran is not a monster at all.  Bran already knows Jaime pushed him, despite many Stark-haters seemingly forgetting this (or perhaps never having read the books at all).  Bran remembered very early on in A Clash of Kings... and he's given Jaime approximately zero thought since then.

So Bran clearly is not driven by vengeance.

On 3/6/2024 at 9:21 AM, Kierria said:

A Game of Thrones began with a Bran chapter and ended with Daenerys and the birth of her Dragons.  I think it is also the way the story will end. 

The story began on a very, very dark note.  Ned Stark, spouting silly nonsense like the man passing the sentence should do the actual killing, forces his children to watch him murder a sick man who has loyally protected the realm for forty years.  Theon, the a$$, kicks the man's severed head around is our introduction to how the bodies of the dead are violated. It seems not even death earns dignity in the North.  Arya would later apprentice to the Faceless Men and she also violates the bodies of the dead.  The execution party happens upon a disturbing scene where a Stag and a Direwolf had killed each other.  The Starks take the wolf cubs in and begins their mental and emotional descent into savages.  Winter has begun.  The rise of Bran Stark is the beginning of the Darkness and the harbinger of death in Westeros.  Bran and the Starks will bring a world of hurt to the people of Westeros.  Supernatural pestilence, unclean creatures like Direwolves, ice spiders, and such as what nightmares are made of. 

In the last chapter, we are given hope. The beautiful music of the dragons heard in the dark of night for the first time in a very long time.  Daenerys, Azor Ahai, brought dragons back from a long extinction.  She and her dragons will defeat Bran and end his cold grip on Westeros.  The land should bloom again and the plans for reconstruction can begin. 

Bran is the lord of the dark.  He will be more harmful to Westeros than Jon is now. 

5 hours ago, Castellan said:

there's a crowd?

Unfortunately, yes.  At any given time, there's usually several threads on the top page made by a random rotation of about a dozen different posters which have no purpose except to trash the Starks and sometimes to also worship Dany and/or Targaryens.  On the first page of the "Tully Madness" thread alone, there's more than half a dozen of this "crowd" high-fiving the original poster, and there's countless other threads just like it (made by the same posters high-fiving each other in the "Tully Madness" thread).

10 hours ago, James Fenimore Cooper XXII said:

Bran is the lord of the dark.  He will be more harmful to Westeros than Jon is now. 

Is?  Not even "will be"?  In what way has present-tense Bran demonstrated being the lord of darkness?

Considering that Jon Snow is one of the biggest heroes in the story at the moment, being more harmful than him isn't much of a criterion.  Saving thousands of Free Folk from becoming wights (which protects the rest of Westeros as well) should certainly be deemed heroic.

Surely you could have found another character "even more harmful to Westeros" than Jon Snow... but thanks for providing supporting evidence to my response to Castellan by going after a Stark instead.

Edited by StarkTullies

23 minutes ago, StarkTullies said:

Unfortunately, yes.  At any given time, there's usually several threads on the top page made by a random rotation of about a dozen different posters which have no purpose except to trash the Starks and sometimes to also worship Dany and/or Targaryens.  On the first page of the "Tully Madness" thread alone, there's more than half a dozen of this "crowd" high-fiving the original poster, and there's countless other threads just like it (made by the same posters high-fiving each other in the "Tully Madness" thread).

Is?  Not even "will be"?  In what way has present-tense Bran demonstrated being the lord of darkness?

Considering that Jon Snow is one of the being heroes in the story at the moment, being more harmful than him isn't much of a criterion.  Saving thousands of Free Folk from becoming wights (which protects the rest of Westeros as well) should certainly be deemed heroic.

Surely you could have found another character "even more harmful to Westeros" than Jon Snow... but thanks for providing supporting evidence to my response to Castellan by going after a Stark instead.

But, Jon hates the Boltons, Freys, and Lannisters.  That makes him evil.:rolleyes:

To me, it's enormously to Martin's credit that after 5 thick volumes, we still don't know who the ultimate "goodies" and "baddies" are. But it would be literary genius if it turns out the initial supposed heroes turn out to be the bad 'uns. I am open to the hypotheses that the Weirwood Network is the ultimate evil, and its relationship to the Starks has sustained it over millennia. There are plenty of clues that this could be the case, but like the magician that Martin is, he provides just as many clues to the contrary. None of this is to suggest that Ned, Jon, Bran or any other Stark of recent times knowingly is in on the act - they've simply been following customs the origins of which have long been forgotten - feeding blood to the weirwood tree, first night customs, and maintaining those statues in their crypt, for example.

1 hour ago, House Cambodia said:

To me, it's enormously to Martin's credit that after 5 thick volumes, we still don't know who the ultimate "goodies" and "baddies" are. But it would be literary genius if it turns out the initial supposed heroes turn out to be the bad 'uns. I am open to the hypotheses that the Weirwood Network is the ultimate evil, and its relationship to the Starks has sustained it over millennia. There are plenty of clues that this could be the case, but like the magician that Martin is, he provides just as many clues to the contrary. None of this is to suggest that Ned, Jon, Bran or any other Stark of recent times knowingly is in on the act - they've simply been following customs the origins of which have long been forgotten - feeding blood to the weirwood tree, first night customs, and maintaining those statues in their crypt, for example.

I think the Others are the ultimate Bad.  No doubt, they have reasons which they believe justify their actions, but seeking to rule legions of slaves has to be viewed as bad.

18 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I think the Others are the ultimate Bad.  No doubt, they have reasons which they believe justify their actions, but seeking to rule legions of slaves has to be viewed as bad.

Yes indeed, but it seems they were created by the Weirwood Network, and therefore, may be an intrinsic part of it. Is the end-game to destroy the Network in order to destroy the Others, or to give the Network what it wants (what does it want) in order to make the Others threat go away?

FWIW, although I don't think Martin had this in mind when he wrote GoT, I'd like to think the Others are in some way an allegory of climate breakdown, a reflection of the violence, greed and pettiness of the people of the Realm, and not a conscious evil agency.

2 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

She also already killed her brother, son and husband so...

It's ridiculous that anyone makes excuses for this person at all.  It's so easy to see where all the lurid anti Stark fabrications come from. 'If my hero is evil enough to do all of this and dismiss it, then the wolves have to be so much worse!'

Hey Dany, how do you feel about all of those executions, wasn't that a little arbitrary and murderous?

"If I look back I'm lost"  She's even cut herself off from reflecting on her actions.