Places You Would Like to See

I would like to have a job as a trader and travel to different ports starting with Braavos, Pentos, Volantis, then going further afield, to YI TI.

... PS I didn't read the question. I really don't want the books to take me very far afield. Or save that till the ADOS is published. have it in spin offs. But these are some of the places that inspire my imagination.

Edited by Castellan

5 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Tell me where you want the author to take the story.  Which place or places would you like the characters to visit.  

Mine

1. Asshai
  2. Five Forts

I'd love that too, but GRRM already said he won't be going there.

Realistically, The God's Eye.

I'd love to read about most of the places that others have already mentioned. And I'll add Yi Ti, and Leng ... and everywhere else!  Why stop with just five books, when there are so many other intriguing places to visit?

Edited by Aebram

I specifically want to not see any new places in Essos or the rest of the world outside Westeros.  I like the chapters in Essos, but the main story is in Westeros.  Six books in for a seven-book planned series, I want to get all the relevant characters out of Essos and into Westeros as soon as possible if we ever want the books completed.

Within Westeros, I don't care about the geographies specifically... just wherever it makes sense for the story to take place.

I don't think there is time for any POV character to travel to these places, but we have two vision-inclined characters (Bran and Melisandre) invested in the happenings north of the Wall.  It would be nice to see a glimpse of Hardhome and the Land of Always Winter through their visions.

Likewise, since we haven't seen Davos since the first half of ADWD, I want him to appear in TWOW already near Winterfell, but I'd like a few pages of flashbacks of his time in Skagos.

Depending on how important the Children play into the story and/or how the first Long Night really ended, I'd like to see the God's Eye.

Casterly Rock.  Cersei and/or Tyrion have some future damage to bring against Westeros, and some of that will take place there.

Maybe Storm's End.  We saw a glimpse of it in ACOK from the outside the walls, but not within.

Depending on where Aeron's travels take him during the rest of his short remaining life, maybe the Arbor.

Edited by StarkTullies

1 hour ago, StarkTullies said:

I specifically want to not see any new places in Essos or the rest of the world outside Westeros.  I like the chapters in Essos, but the main story is in Westeros.  Six books in for a seven-book planned series, I want to get all the relevant characters out of Essos and into Westeros as soon as possible if we ever want the books completed.

I love all the Essos stuff, but I suspect that when GRRM set out his plan for a trilogy, Essos was only intended as a launching pad for Dany and her dragons. Whilst he's had decades to flesh out Essos-based content since changing his plan, I do agree it's more sensible to stick closer to the original Westeros-based outline.

On 3/31/2024 at 5:44 PM, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Tell me where you want the author to take the story.  Which place or places would you like the characters to visit.  

Mine

1. Asshai
  2. Five Forts

I think everyone would like to explore them in some king of extended universe series if George Martin ever finished the series. I would also like to explore Sothyros, especially the Basilisk Isles. Maybe further exploration of the Rhoyne. The three islands named after Aegon and his sisters would be cool. Regarding Westeros, I have to agree with Old Maester about the God's Eye.

Edited by KingoftheRiversandtheHills

7 hours ago, StarkTullies said:

Maybe Storm's End.  We saw a glimpse of it in ACOK from the outside the walls, but not within.

We're getting this. JonCon and(f?)Aegon are on the verge of taking it - 'by guile' - in the released chapters of TWOW.

And Euron/Aeron are off the coast of Arbor at the same time.

Just now, House Cambodia said:

We're getting this. JonCon and(f?)Aegon are on the verge of taking it - 'by guile' - in the released chapters of TWOW.

And Euron/Aeron are off the coast of Arbor at the same time.

It would be awesome to finally get a description of the Arbor.

Just now, KingoftheRiversandtheHills said:

It would be awesome to finally get a description of the Arbor.

It would, and might happen since 'Admiral' Redwyne is bringing his fleet, but I suspect the action will focus on Oldtown (which will be delicious enough in my book!)

5 minutes ago, House Cambodia said:

It would, and might happen since 'Admiral' Redwyne is bringing his fleet, but I suspect the action will focus on Oldtown (which will be delicious enough in my book!)

Did you see the Redesign, Redesign, REDESIGN thread on my profile? Would like to hear your thoughts.

10 minutes ago, KingoftheRiversandtheHills said:

Did you see the Redesign, Redesign, REDESIGN thread on my profile? Would like to hear your thoughts.

Yeah, I watched videos by that castle-designer Shadiversity another poster linked to. Here's another one

WINTERFELL detailed CASTLE analysis: Game of Thrones

I've collected a bunch of wallpapers of artistic interpretations of ASOIAF castles and other art as wallpaper for my PC. Haven't got anything original to add myself though.

Edited by House Cambodia