Football nº 10

The Inquisitor

You know the really annoying thing is Slick, I only know one guy from Newcastle and he doesn't follow football at all, so I can't go HA Newcastle got relegated to him as he wont care.

Bayern sign Mario Gomez for 30 million. I really hope he didn't have any interesting alternatives by foreign clubs, otherwise that's just a lazy, cowardly move.

And Martin Jol is next in a long line of managers trying to reanimate Ajax. Sad to see him go, he's quite likeable and Hamburg will struggle to find a decent alternative. First rumours indicate Slomka. A pity Magath has already signed for Schalke, leading his HSV back to the top would have been the emotional crowning moment of his coaching career, I think.

At least some geordie fans kept their sense of humour. There were chants of "We're on our way to Scunthorpe!" going around Villa Park on Sunday.

I might just have to go and watch them when they visit Bristol City (one of their more glamorous new rivals ;)) next season.

In bittersweet US news ESPN and Comcast have reached an agreement in which Comcast will now support ESPN360. ESPN360 is ESPN's online video channel and it carried Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, and matches for a few European domestic leagues. Unfortunately FSC just bought the rights to the Champions League in the US and it doesn't sound like they'll have an HD channel in the Fall or have every group stage match available online like ESPN360. I really dislike Max Bretos and pray he doesn't play an active role in next year's CL broadcast. He already ruins MLS with his horseshit overexuberance.

In bittersweet US news ESPN and Comcast have reached an agreement in which Comcast will now support ESPN360. ESPN360 is ESPN's online video channel and it carried Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, and matches for a few European domestic leagues. Unfortunately FSC just bought the rights to the Champions League in the US and it doesn't sound like they'll have an HD channel in the Fall or have every group stage match available online like ESPN360. I really dislike Max Bretos and pray he doesn't play an active role in next year's CL broadcast. He already ruins MLS with his horseshit overexuberance.

What about Time Warner, which is the cable/internet provider that I'm with. I really hate ESPN's tactics here.

Max Bretos, is he the guy who says "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!" on goal calls bc if he is, then yes, he should be shot between the eyes.

Champions League final today, and after this year UEFA will finally move it to the weekend where it belongs. Had this one been a weekend final, it may have broken television records. Man U v. Barca. I can't sleep and I took off for this.

It's going to be well weird having the final at the weekend, Wednesday is just where it belongs. Week-nights are European nights.

It's okay for you guys in Europe, since Europeans seem to have fun every night of the week and on holiday all the time, (I think I'm jealous of my cousins in London; why can't we have Boxing Day), but UEFA wants this to be of even bigger import here in the states, maybe even get a primetime broadcast billing here especially as football's popularity is on the rise here with so many expats. They smell the money and they know that Europe will watch anyway, but now they want US dollars as well. UEFA is basically the top football organization in the world. We may have the Super Bowl, but the Champions' League dwarfs it in worldwide tv ratings, and now UEFA is going to put it in our faces and ram it down our throats (which is a good thing btw). We watch in large numbers when our womens Nats won the WC or our men did well in Korea/Japan. We buy Man U, Chelsea and Barca kits. And when the UEFA superclubs make their rounds on US soil we pack the stadiums. So UEFA sees an untapped resource destined to ensure that they remain the top confederation, essentually to an American mind like mine, "the NBA" of the world and the CL final as it's centerpiece.

It's okay for you guys in Europe, since Europeans seem to have fun every night of the week and on holiday all the time, (I think I'm jealous of my cousins in London; why can't we have Boxing Day), but UEFA wants this to be of even bigger import here in the states, maybe even get a primetime broadcast billing here especially as football's popularity is on the rise here with so many expats. They smell the money and they know that Europe will watch anyway, but now they want US dollars as well. UEFA is basically the top football organization in the world. We may have the Super Bowl, but the Champions' League dwarfs it in worldwide tv ratings, and now UEFA is going to put it in our faces and ram it down our throats (which is a good thing btw). We watch in large numbers when our womens Nats won the WC or our men did well in Korea/Japan. We buy Man U, Chelsea and Barca kits. And when the UEFA superclubs make their rounds on US soil we pack the stadiums. So UEFA sees an untapped resource destined to ensure that they remain the top confederation, essentually to an American mind like mine, "the NBA" of the world and the CL final as it's centerpiece.

Horus, where do you live Stateside? Chelsea vs. Inter in LA this summer.

This is a decent game, though I'd like to see a few more chances here and there.

FUCK YOU, RONALDO. YOU DIRTY, CHEATING, WORTHLESS LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT. YOU HAD NOTHING, YOUR DIRTY MANC SCUM TEAM HAD NOTHING. THOROUGHLY OUTPLAYED, OUTCLASSED, OUTWILLED, OUTWITTED, COMPLETELY DESTROYED. SWEET, SWEET CONSOLATION.

:rolleyes:

Good final with worthy winners. Man U looked good early on, but after the goal, Barca were simply the better team: Puyol, Messi, Eto'o and Pique all had great matches, Silvinho looked shaky early on but came on to a game in the second half, but Iniesta was the man of the match, no doubt. For Man U, Evra was terrific and Tevez and Rooney did their best, but it's hard to pick out another good player. Putting Ronaldo on the left against Puyol backfired - Puyol was just too smart for him, and he took Ronaldo out of the game. Park tried but was way short of the standard required (and I like Park). Giggs and Scholes looked their age, the game passed them by.

But on the whole, a good game between the two best teams in Europe at the moment. What more can we ask for? :)

Hahahaha!!!

Ferguson, you piece of shit... go sod yourself!

:)

Now, as a Real Madrid fan and "socio", I can't help but say:

¡¡VISCA BARÇA!!

¡¡VISCA CATALUNYA!!

y

¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

Give honour were its due... and all honour must go to Barça without a bitter thought. :)

I am so glad that they won. :smug:

Now, that's some footie...

Archived