NBA Off-season

Rhom

Arguable about image, but any short term hits to his image would quickly fade if they start dominating the league and winning titles. You are talking about potentially the most dominating team in NBA history if they can make it work.

More dominant than Kobe, Shaq, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton?????? :stunned:

Arguable about image, but any short term hits to his image would quickly fade if they start dominating the league and winning titles. You are talking about potentially the most dominating team in NBA history if they can make it work.

Still won't be as good as the '95-'96 Bulls...or all of those Patriot teams...oh, wait...

If this comes to pass, and I hope it does not, then they will be a few role players away from a dynasty. You can't win titles with three guys, but any mid-tier player would love to collect a ring or three, so I imagine they'll find takers at bargain basement prices. If they can find a center who can defend, a point guard who can pass and a wing man to come off the bench and make 3s, then they'll have it. And finding reliable, one-dimensional players in the NBA has never been terribly difficult.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I like Lebron. And I want to like Lebron. But I hate rooting for the favorite. And this team could be the favorite for the next decade.

I'm kind of surprised LBJ is going to Miami but not really, Stephen A Smith was actually credible for once and it appears all the stuff that has been going on since last week is simply made up for Wade and Bosh's documentaries. I'm gonna go out on a limb here though and say that it won't work. They will not win a single NBA title in Miami together.

And finding reliable, one-dimensional players in the NBA has never been terribly difficult.

It really isn't. And the expectations from the role players in this team would absolutely be minimum. For example, the PG does not need to have any playmaking skills since Lebron and Wade will handle that. Just bring up the ball, don't turn it over, preferably don't get killed on defense. Bonus points if you are a good shooter, but even that's optional.

Stephen A Smith was actually credible for once

The worst part of this story is that it may end up reviving the nightmare that is Stephen A.

Simmons had a pretty good take on this:

3. Stephen A. Smith wins the Woodward & Bernstein Award for reporting last week that Wade/LeBron/Bosh in Miami was "done." I thought it was ridiculous. How could it be "done"? Bosh and LeBron were committing to an owner, president and coach without meeting any of them?

My guess at the time: Smith got word that Miami was in the lead, took it and ran with it, then hoped he was right. If he was right, he became the big winner of the summer of 2010. If he was wrong, he could always claim that he WAS right, but that something got screwed up and things changed. I busted his chops a few times on Twitter about it; when he reported one week later that Bosh might be heading for Houston, it sure seemed like Smith was talking out of his butt like Ace Ventura. But if LeBron announces Miami tonight? Then Smith is vindicated and I'm giving myself the byline "William J. Simmons" in my next column as an apology. Although …

4. I'm still not crazy about any report that says "done" unless it's definitely, 100 percent done.

It is great theatre. As much as I know how much he can do for the Bulls, I'm not going to be that broken up because he's proving he's quite the attention whore. Everybody loves a villain to jeer.

He reminds me of Apollo Creed:

Apollo handler: "You know with this line of attack you are setting yourself up to be the bad guy."

Apollo: "Yo man, WHATEVER."

I don't begrudge these guys at all. They get to have fun in South Beach, play with friends that are good, make a ton of money. Who wouldn't do that? Cleveland will hate Lebron, but he doesn't owe them squat, and what does he care anyway, it's Cleveland. It's probably suffocating for him there, everyone depending on him, it's pathetic and unhealthy.

The way they've gone about it has been unseemly, but if a little deception was necessary to make it happen (not sure it really was), then so be it.

I'll be rooting for them to lose, but it will still be immensely entertaining to have such a team. They will get every team's best effort every night wanting to beat the super team. And as Simmons said, they will have to log heavy minutes with a weak supporting cast.

Plus they are in the East, and my Rockets are in the West, I could care less.

I was told I'd only have to watch this bullshit for 10 minutes. Come on, douchebags, let's get this over with.

heh, I'm working but have the tv on with the sound off. I looked at the time and just shook my head. I think ESPN comes out looking worse than anyone.

Archived