London BWB Game of Thrones finale party

Barring easyjet cancellations and delays, I'm in. Ski, you owe me a drink for flying to cold London.

And thanks Pax for the warnings and the tips. :) Wish me luck on understanding drunk Australian accent.

Who the hell is that? God, "clubbing." Paxy, I hate that word unless used in a violent context.

and a drunk Welsh accent. You will need luck.

I will repost the info and attendance list because nobody will find it half way down page 2.

London BWB Game of Thrones finale party

Friday 24 June 2011

From 5-6 pm ish till late

The Fitzroy Tavern - we'll be in the downstairs bar area (stairs at the back of the main bar). Can those who get there early try and reserve several tables if possible, I think we'll have at least 15 people attending.

ATTENDANCE LIST

Ski the Last

Eyelesbarrow

williamjm

LessThanLuke

Maltaran

MinDonner

theMountainGoat

Pebble

red snow

Werthead +1

MCGeek (for a short while)

Eloisa

Prue

Those who said yes to Thurs but have not confirmed the change to Fri

Ser Sean + Chaldanya

say MILLA déclarer MILLA

Sabrina - SiuanSedai

MAYBES

High Priest Zadok

Mexal

Pod

DROP OUTS

bigfatcoward

Slick Mongoose

I'll be able to come (due to changing circumstances I wouldn't actually have been able to make Thursday). MCGeek is double-booked and should be there for a short while but won't be able to stay till the wee small hours.

I was wondering if anyone is thinking of dropping by this on Thursday? I'm thinking of dropping by to see Chris Wooding and probably getting hold of Ben aaronovitch too.

Otherwise I'll be sure to see you on the Friday.

Count me in, too. :)

Yay!

My plane lands in Luton at around 6 pm. A friend of mine said it will take me about an hour and a half to 2 hours to get to the pub from the airport. Is this about right? If so, I hope to see some of you when I get there around 8 pm. :) Tips to make the journey faster are welcome.

Yay!

My plane lands in Luton at around 6 pm. A friend of mine said it will take me about an hour and a half to 2 hours to get to the pub from the airport. Is this about right? If so, I hope to see some of you when I get there around 8 pm. :) Tips to make the journey faster are welcome.

Sell your body to a cab driver?

Apparently it's about half an hour on the train from Luton to St Pancras. From St Pancras to the nearest tube station (Goodge Street) is about 3 stops so that will be maybe 10 minutes and the pub is just around the corner from there. I've never been to the railway station in Luton so I'm not sure how you get there from the airport, but I guess it won't take all that long. This would suggest you might be able to do it in about an hour if everything went smoothly.

ETA - Transport For London's journey planner estimates slightly over an hour for the journey.

It's looking like a good turn out for this one. I hope the pub can handle us all!

I think it will have to be the responsibility of the first people to arrive to acquire as many tables as possible. It looks like we might have enough people coming to take over the entire basement (I see to remember it's not that big).

Archived