WorldCon Reports thread

I suppose this is as good a thread as any to pollute...

A few years ago, I was one of only two audience members to attend a reading by a pair of authors in Montréal. It must have been horrible for the poor writers.

The BwB is only thing that stopped me suffering from a similar indignity either in Montréal or Reno. I am profoundly grateful for your warm and only slightly mocking support.*

I know you'd have done as much for any other member, and I hope to reciprocate when you are all stuck in similar straits in the future. Still, I don't take it for granted.

I'm only sorry I didn't put out more -- you guys deserve it! But I was run down for the whole con... :leaving:

*The rotten fruit was very tasty.

I like your description of the con as 'summer camp.' That is totally what it feels like.

Thanks. I wish we'd gotten to hang out more. I also wish someone had warned me about the PCBs. Now I must retire to sob quietly into my soup.

I've been super swamped since I got back so I haven't had the chance to post much. I gotta get to the chapter report tonight. But I have time for a few missives.

-Peadar is NOT pronouced PAY-DAR. Damn Yanks. It is pronounced like BLADDAR. :lol:

-Hedgerow looks EXACTLY like Disney star Ashley Tisdale. :eek:

-Ser Scot is the hardest working man in show business.

-Pod is as shy and lovable as ever.

-Lodey is as crass and brilliant as ever.

-A shout out to everyone who helped organize this. It was as good a con as I've ever attended. :cheers:

Not a report so much as a list of the lords, princes and knightings from the quest. Need to type this up somewhere since it's currently written only on the back of my program notes.

Lords of Reno:

Lord Tycho

Lord Race

Lord Lacy

Lord Wolfgang (LRH)

Lord Nathan (Dracarys)

Lord Frisco the Virile

Lord Raya

Lord Jo the Spearwife

Prince and Princess:

Princess Aoife

Prince Stego

(immediately after Stego's name, my notes say 'What has royalty gone to?', which may have been something George said)

The Awful Awful Knights:

Ser Tyler the Swift

Ser George the Other

Ser Venardhi

Ser Rachel

Ser Lee

Ser Leigh the Second

Ser TJ

Ser Cody

Ser Rach

Ser Molly of the Ketchup

Ser Andi of the Condiments

Ser Ralph Ambrose

Ser Bill (and the Knight of the Ugly Chicken)

Ser Sarah

Ser Joseph the Many Titled

Ser Allen

Ser Veira

Ser Casey

Ser Lady Narcissa

Ser Min

Ser Nim

Ser Jaimee the Bold

Ser Jenn

Ser Nichole

Ser Alaina

Ser Natalie

My apologies if I've missed anyone or misspelled names. Let me know and I'll update the list.

ETA: The four unseen knights, Min (who I saw being knighted), and Frisco's correct title.

Not a report so much as a list of the lords, princes and knightings from the quest. Need to type this up somewhere since it's currently written only on the back of my program notes.

Lords of Reno:

Lord Tycho

Lord Race

Lord Lacy

Lord Wolfgang (LRH)

Lord Nathan (Dracarys)

Lord Frisco the Feral

Lord Raya

Lord Jo the Spearwife

Prince and Princess:

Princess Aoife

Prince Stego

(immediately after Stego's name, my notes say 'What has royalty gone to?', which may have been something George said)

The Awful Awful Knights:

Ser Tyler the Swift

Ser George the Other

Ser Venardhi

Ser Rachel

Ser Lee

Ser Leigh the Second

Ser TJ

Ser Cody

Ser Rach

Ser Molly of the Ketchup

Ser Andi of the Condiments

Ser Ralph Ambrose

Ser Bill (and the Knight of the Ugly Chicken)

Ser Sarah

Ser Joseph the Many Titled

Ser Allen

Ser Veira

Ser Casey

Ser Lady Narcissa

Ser Nim

Ser Jaimee the Bold

My apologies if I've missed anyone or misspelled names. Let me know and I'll update the list.

You missed four knights: Ser Jenn, Ser Nichole, Ser Alaina and Ser Natalie. :)

Mat,

I knew strong-arming you would work.

Disclaimer:

Worldcon attendance may be habit forming in particular when in conjunction with participation in the BwB subgroup. Attend with care. If attendance percists consult a physician. Do not attempt to stop BwB parties with fingers or tounge. Serious injury or death may result.

:P

A Request for our Guests at the Feast

If you took photos during the Feast in Reno, we'd love to have your photos for our collection. So, if possible, please burn them to a cd or a thumb drive at the highest quality possible, make any notes you'd like to include with the photos, make sure we know who took them so we can credit them properly, and let me know if it's ok to post them to the Web when we finally get around to writing up our memories of the Feast to share with our friends far and wide.

We'd be happy to reimburse you for postage, or other expenses incurred in getting the photos to us.

If you don't have our snail mail address, let me know.

The whole day was so crazy, my memories are very jumbled, and of course we couldn't be every where while folks we having fun, so please let us know if there were moments you particularly enjoyed.

and thanks for being there, it wouldn't have been the most memorable event we've ever had at WorldCon without you.

love, love, love

Parris

Archived