Video Games and Beyond...

Howdyphillip

I've also noticed the community's been pretty cool for the most part. It's not uncommon at all for me to be questing, run into other people, and without even communicating just help each other on objectives. One dude even stayed behind to help me after he finished a part right before me. We then formed a group and quested in the Savage Coast all night.

EDIT: Also just got the Illuminati costume. Gasmasks!

I've also noticed the community's been pretty cool for the most part. It's not uncommon at all for me to be questing, run into other people, and without even communicating just help each other on objectives. One dude even stayed behind to help me after he finished a part right before me. We then formed a group and quested in the Savage Coast all night.

Yeah this happens a lot and I dig it. I help people if I'm wandering by and it looks like they're in trouble (I do this for everyone, not just my own faction) and it's paid plenty of dividends. Between helping people with fights and answering questions in /General, I've gotten advice, mission help, even free crafted gear from one poor guy who got stuck on the Kingsmouth Code.

There are definitely jerks around but for the most part people have been really cool.

Shh! You guys are going to jinx it. Your words are summoning the trolls as you speak! :P

I've been playing L.A Noire quite a bit. Really nice games, but the unskippable cutscene is totally killing me. I can determine the "Truth" fine enough, but I have trouble knowing whether something is "Doubt" or "Lie", specially since I need evidence to backup the "Lie" line of questioning (and I screw that up alot!). The game is a nice change from Saints Row 2, the other game I've been playing, where the idea seems to be damaging everyone and everything :P

Deus Ex HR is the other game I am currently playing (I blame Steam for my parrallel gaming, the bastards keep rolling out all these nice deals for games I want to play...Its almost as if it knows what I want.... :uhoh: ). Fantastic game, I am terrible at stealth as I never seem to find the right paths, but so far the deaths have been minimum. I only kill gangsters that are not nice to me :P

The Secret World sounds pretty interesting, but I might just hold out for Guild Wars 2 instead, and possibly the Mist of Pandaria.

Edit: God damn Steam sale, just added Saints Row 3 and Fallout New Vegas to the portfolio.

An insider from a big publisher is answering questions about the business side of gaming here. Interesting discussion so far, and amusingly ruthless about gamers' sacred cows.

"Please stop making Day One DLC!"

"We will if you stop buying it."

Finally got Dragon's Dogma--freakin' awesome. Reminds me a lot of Dark Souls, though not as good as that game.

I love the giant monsters. That's one of my favorite things that RPGs are getting right nowadays.

Also back to playing Gothic 2. Amazed at how much I still love this game. I've never been so absorbed into a gameworld. I love that we Americans finally got the expansion to it a few years ago, as it ramps up the difficulty--which, if you think about how hard it already was, seems silly. But I love it nonetheless.

Secret World is cool as shit, y'all. I've clocked almost 20 hours in it already and it rules. The Investigations are the best part, having to do research on the actual, real life Internet to solve some of the puzzles. It almost feels like they're blending ARGs with "traditional" video games in some places.

Everyone should get this game. I'm probably going to spring for the lifetime sub as my opening month draws to an end.

I am using a bastardized variant of the Illuminati Thaumaturge deck and it is working much better for soloing and questing. I'm Dragon so I can't actually unlock the deck but it is very handy to have it as a model.

Finally got Dragon's Dogma--freakin' awesome. Reminds me a lot of Dark Souls, though not as good as that game.

I love the giant monsters. That's one of my favorite things that RPGs are getting right nowadays.

Ya i just beat it and even though i said once i beat it i would be done, her i am at 100 hours level 76 still playing about to start New Game+. The main story is almost non existent, but everything else about the game is just fun espesially the combat.

Listen i`m, not gonna spoil anything for you but i have to tell you one thing, there is a side quest that you will have the opportunity to do where you basically are baby sitting a little girl and take for a tour of the city. This mission has an extremely important reward if you do it a certain way that unlocks some powerful weapons, i totally fucked up and didn`t get the reward. You get a gold idol which in a later quest you give to an weapon maker who makes some badass weapons in return, here is a link to a vid of how to do the quest right and get the idol.

Bought! :)

Good move, Inigima is right for 5 bucks you can`t pass it up. It`s one of the few games in the last while that really feels unique, the fact you can play through the entire game and not use a gun or fire a bullet is awesome too and with the crap your doing you really feel like your jumping off buildings and shit.

Mirror's Edge is a game that would have been far better if they'd stuck to the concept instead of someone, somewhere deciding that since it's in first-person, you need to shoot people cause it's the law or something.

Dammit, the Steam summer sale is killing me. I have already bought more games than I have time to play.

Yeah.. Just bought dragon's age origins with it's 9 DLC's for 10 bucks.. Steam must be feeling generous.Think I will also buy ME.Between these games and skyrim,kotor I think I have enough to last 2 years lol.

Yeah.. Just bought dragon's age origins with it's 9 DLC's for 10 bucks.. Steam must be feeling generous.Think I will also buy ME.Between these games and skyrim,kotor I think I have enough to last 2 years lol.

I bought Medieval 2 Total War+expansion, and if my memory of the Total War games are correct that's gonna keep me occupied for a long time. And of course the fact that I bought another five games means I'll be pretty busy for the foreseeable future. Luckily enough the Swedish summer never disappoints when it comes to rainy days.

Mirror's Edge is a game that would have been far better if they'd stuck to the concept instead of someone, somewhere deciding that since it's in first-person, you need to shoot people cause it's the law or something.

This, so very much. The parkour aspects of the game were fantastic, and then it takes a big dump on your face when decides to be just another dumb FPS. The closest equivalent I can think of is if they'd have given you a pistol for the turret puzzles in Portal.

Personally I think the game is much more fun if you don't shoot anyone. There's an achievement for it, too. (There's one part in the mall that really sucks if you don't shoot at least one guy. It's possible though, I've done it.)

So to summarize, there is no way that is totally un-shady unless I actually find the original console and game?

That's my understanding.

Other than the Playstation Store or the WiiShop and their offerings.

Archived