How would you rate episode 303?

Ran

How would you rate episode 303?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

They dumbed Theon's arc down last season. This season his arc is entirely new as he wasn't even around in the books. So I'm not sure how you can say it was dumbed down, unless you are including the previous season.

I'm not a fan of the Theon scenes this season, but that's largely because they are predictable and as book readers we all know what's going to happen in the end anyway. So it's wasting valuable screentime that could be used for actual scenes from the book.

Forgot tags...

Erm... FWIW... why have all this crap with Riverrun if we know what's going to happen to Robb anyway? Yeah, sure, it's in the books, but we already know how it ends, so why not skip it all?

Obviously, my point is, this is supposed to be a coherent, complete television show aimed at a wide audience, not the drama club's fan-fiction reenactment of their own personal favorite scenes.

Edited by Warhawk137

I love that scene with pod, bron and tyrion. One of the funniest moments since tyrion hoped cersei ate the turtle soup he jacked off in lol. That and the end was great. Blackfish is awesome

Yeah I thought the Pod stuff was pretty funny even if the producer for boob exposure or whatever its called was behind its inclusion. At least those scenes included giving the background for Tyrion's new position as master of coin and how LF was leaving a big mess behind.

Not digging the ep as much as the above posters. Really disappointed with some of the changes, especially the pervy way they wrote Stannis. And a couple of filler scenes that seriously made no sense. Wtf was up with that Talisa scene?

Glad they mentioned the Iron Bank.

Need to watch it again to really give it a score, but wasn't that impressed from first glance.

Erm... FWIW... why have all this crap with Riverrun if we know what's going to happen to Robb anyway? Yeah, sure, it's in the books, but we already know how it ends, so why not skip it all?

Obviously, my point is, this is supposed to be a coherent, complete television show aimed at a wide audience, not the drama club's fan-fiction reenactment of their own personal favorite scenes.

Yeah, and I mean book readers know how the season's going to end anyway, so why bother making the show?

Pretty good episode! Love the ending. Also the Pod scene was pretty funny.

Blackfish seemed cool to me, Edmure was also okay. They seem to let Ramsay be the goodguy just a little bit longer, can't wait for the turn in that.

Also, Locke seemed like an interesting chaarcter as well. Don't really miss Vargo tbh.

9/10. Great episode, the best since Blackwater. It felt like the storylines got a little more time too.

-Off the bat, I want to say that I didn't like the way Blackfish treated Edmure. He was compassionate to him when he missed the boat in the book, telling him he had missed too. Whatever his feelings, he wouldn't shove the Lord of Riverrun out of the way either. That being said, I loved his scene with Catelyn. Very emotional and well-acted. I think the Blackfish character will be just fine.

-Speaking of emotional, I'm surprised with just how much they got out of Hot Pie's good-bye. Touching scene...we'll miss you, Hot Pie.

-F'n loved the silent game of musical chairs played by the Small Council. Brilliant scene in every way. The body language between the Three Stooges of Westeros was perfect...they realize that the stern headmaster has returned.

-Meerenese knot...nice way to work that reference in.

-That was some fantastic horseplay in the Theon chase scene. I figured HBO would be reluctant to allow that with all the problems they had with Luck. Still, a fantastic sequence and they are doing a great job introducing the little bastard into the show.

-Book dialogue between Jorah and Barristan, especially the "Rhaegar fought honorably but Rhaegar died line." Very happy that was worked in.

-Jaime and Brienne continue to be MVPs this season. GC did a good job showing Brienne's reaction to the terrible situation she's in. NCW does some great work too and we get the big scene. I have to admit, the rock version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair was jarring but darkly hilarious.

Better than the last two, I still feel the pacing was off and rushed...so, um, Pod at a whore house was A LOT of wasted time. And the rock music at the end was really, really jarring.

If I didn't know Storm of Swords was the season they were waiting for I would never know it from watching season 3 since it feels much more thrown together than the first two.

Not digging the ep as much as the above posters. Really disappointed with some of the changes, especially the pervy way they wrote Stannis. And a couple of filler scenes that seriously made no sense. Wtf was up with that Talisa scene?

I think the Talisa scene was to show...(posting the rest in book spoiler code)

how young and innocent the Lannister boys are before they get whacked by Karstark

I'm just glad they mentioned Rhaegar's name...more than once. I think I squealed. I <3 Blackfish. Never liked Edmure so I liked his portrayal. Dany I like her feisty. Overall 8. I wished they had showed Jamie's skill from the prior seasons so people could really understand how great he was.......to understand how crushed he will be.

BEST EPISODE SO FAR

9/10. Great episode, the best since Blackwater. It felt like the storylines got a little more time too.

-Off the bat, I want to say that I didn't like the way Blackfish treated Edmure. He was compassionate to him when he missed the boat in the book, telling him he had missed too. Whatever his feelings, he wouldn't shove the Lord of Riverrun out of the way either. That being said, I loved his scene with Catelyn. Very emotional and well-acted. I think the Blackfish character will be just fine.

-Speaking of emotional, I'm surprised with just how much they got out of Hot Pie's good-bye. Touching scene...we'll miss you, Hot Pie.

-F'n loved the silent game of musical chairs played by the Small Council. Brilliant scene in every way. The body language between the Three Stooges of Westeros was perfect...they realize that the stern headmaster has returned.

-Meerenese knot...nice way to work that reference in.

-That was some fantastic horseplay in the Theon chase scene. I figured HBO would be reluctant to allow that with all the problems they had with Luck. Still, a fantastic sequence and they are doing a great job introducing the little bastard into the show.

-Book dialogue between Jorah and Barristan, especially the "Rhaegar fought honorably but Rhaegar died line." Very happy that was worked in.

-Jaime and Brienne continue to be MVPs this season. GC did a good job showing Brienne's reaction to the terrible situation she's in. NCW does some great work too and we get the big scene. I have to admit, the rock version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair was jarring but darkly hilarious.

I HATED that. Edmure continually misses and gets very frustrated with himself, and the Blackfish goes to HELP him instead of shoving him aside and making him feel like an idiot. I got a flashback of Suddenly Mean Dumbledore right there.

Thought it was a good episode. The Dany scene was really good. So were the Brienne and Jaime scenes. I chuckled at the rock version of the Bear and the Maiden Fair after Jaime's hand got chopped off. It was well placed.

I disagree. It was jarring and took away from the drama.

I HATED that. Edmure continually misses and gets very frustrated with himself, and the Blackfish goes to HELP him instead of shoving him aside and making him feel like an idiot. I got a flashback of Suddenly Mean Dumbledore right there.

Haha true, but Mean Dumbledore was more of a butchering of the character (and a more important character) than this more crusty version of Blackfish. I think they were trying to emphasize quickly, without the other two books to lay the background, that Edmure is sort of a mutonhead. .