NBA PLAYOFFS 2013

Exa Inova

Andre Miller the killer! That was an epic conclusion to the Denver-GS game. Love watching Miller play - he's the NBA player whose game I try to emulate (very badly) when I'm on the court, so to see him dominating like that was awesome to watch. Great move to get to the hoop for the winner (even if it looked like he maybe hooked on Green's arm slightly).

ST

The Griz played about as poorly as they possibly can (outrebounded 47-23? Really??) so maybe that means there's nowhere to go but up. The worst part was the Clips beat them, soundly, at their own game. Gasol and Randolph apparently didn't get off the bus and Conley regressed back to 2009 form defensively. Perhaps the sheer embarrassment of getting destroyed by a familiar team like that will motivate them for game 2.

David Lee is done. I feel bad for him of course, but not so much for GS seeing as the Nuggets are still down two starters. GS will live and die by the three even more.

I am also thinking more and more about this series and thinking, wait, wasn't Jack drafted by the Nuggets? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Andre Miller the killer! That was an epic conclusion to the Denver-GS game. Love watching Miller play - he's the NBA player whose game I try to emulate (very badly) when I'm on the court, so to see him dominating like that was awesome to watch. Great move to get to the hoop for the winner (even if it looked like he maybe hooked on Green's arm slightly).

ST

As an NBA fan who really only starts to watch come playoff time I was surprised to see Andre Miller taking (and mostly making) all the clutch shots for Denver down the stretch. Figured a star-less team like Denver would be closer by committee or heavy ball movement but it was all Andre Miller isos. Guess they really like his matchup in the series which appears 100% justified. Give the ole vet credit for not even blinking after Steph Curry's ridiculous fadeaway three. That felt like the kind of shot that flips the script on a series, even in game one, but Miller relegated it to an interesting footnote.

Fantastic game one all around. The styles make the series and both teams are a lot of fun to watch.

ETA: What the Heat are doing to the Bucks should be made illegal.

The Thunder are just scary when they get it going. Dominant on both ends of the floor. Houston's inexperience really showed.

A real shame about David Lee. First time ever in the playoffs for him after quite a few years in the league, played a great regular season, and he got injured in the first game and the playoffs are over for him. Now GS will really be up against it in the series.

The Thunder are just scary when they get it going. Dominant on both ends of the floor. Houston's inexperience really showed.

And I loved seeing it. I am so stoked for a Thunder vs Heat finals.

Well that sucked. GS couldn't miss a shot. Not feeling so great about this, really thought the Nugs would come out stronger. Thought GS would steal one by shooting lights out, but they didn't steal it, the dominated it.

Ouch

knicks havent been 2-0 in a playoff series since....1999? Feels good.

yeah, once the seeds became locked in and the C's got the Knicks I assumed this would be a sweep. NY has been playing ridiculously well and Boston just is not the same team that the names on the back of the jersey's might make them appear to be.

And I loved seeing it. I am so stoked for a Thunder vs Heat finals.

Yeah, I want the rematch though now more than ever I wish they kept Harden one more year.

This Durant quote gives me gooseubumps:

“I’ve been second my whole life. I was the second best player in high school. I was the second pick in the draft. I’ve been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in the finals. I’m tired of being second. I’m not going to settle for that. I’m done with it….

“I’m not taking it easy on [LeBron]. Don’t you know I’m trying to destroy the guy every time I go on the court?”

How can you not love this kid?

Well, last night was just ugly. I feel bad for Boston, but not that bad.

I have a love-hate relationship with JR Smith (who doesn't?). Not because he can be streaky as hell, but because every indicator I've seen makes him out to be this colossal dickbag. Like seriously, he feels like a bag of dicks. The Knicks are no strangers to having giant assholes or egomaniacs on their roster but I don't know, there's something about JR. Deadspin is not helping.

I have a love-hate relationship with JR Smith (who doesn't?). Not because he can be streaky as hell, but because every indicator I've seen makes him out to be this colossal dickbag. Like seriously, he feels like a bag of dicks. The Knicks are no strangers to having giant assholes or egomaniacs on their roster but I don't know, there's something about JR. Deadspin is not helping.

Just saw that high school pic on Deadspin as well. It made me literally LOL at my desk.

I heard JR has a really good twitter relationship with knick fans and organizes things like midnight group bike ride around manhattan and stuff like that. And honestly i dont care what he does off the court, as long as on the court he continues to drive and try to get to the hoop. He's been amazing for the past month.

Archived