Drinking Continued.

Alex.

Had 4 Stella's on the train home.

Got off at Peckham Rye and am enjoying the red stripe.

Wait, what? You had four Stellas between London Bridge and Peckham Rye?

I recently discovered that Glenfiddich no longer make their liqueur, which I like better than Drambuie, but I guess I'll live.

I did survive the end of Petit Moet in the 1990's

Jeffrey Pogash of Moët Hennessey says that Petite Liqueur was created for die-hard champagne lovers who "enjoyed the taste of well-aged, slightly maderized champagne."Moët won't divulge its Petite Liqueur recipe other than to say that it involved adding cognac to sparkling wine.

it was lovely.

Consumer Reports has come out with their opinion on tasty chardonnay, for as little as $3 a bottle. That wine beat out a $23 and a $34 chardonnay. Their five Best Buys were, in order of choice, Trackers Crossing 365, $7, Bogle, $9, Charles Shaw (Trader Joe's), $3 [clean, intense citrusy flavors with a touch of butter and wood on the finish :p ] Kirkland Signature Sonoma (Costco), $7, Wine Club (Target) $6, and in 3rd and 7th place on the list, as a recommended, Frank Family, $29 and Sonoma-Cutrer, $23.

Those prices make me very jealous. :lol: Ah well, we have universal health care...

Anyone else have a bargoon Chard, or other great wine buy?

As I now have as many letters after my name as in it, I am going to celebrate. I forsee a glass of pink wine over a long lunch, a glass of champagne before dinner (going out) and sharing a bottle of red with dinner. Tomorrow, a bottle of Cote Rotie wine with a rack of lamb.

on the subject of chardonnay (which i adore)...

to the hells with the over-oaked, buttery, too sweet california style chardonnays. you can all enjoy it. none for me, thanks.

i prefer a proper white burgundy (french for chardonnay) from the regions of loire, chablis or burgundy. oregon has done well at taking some of the dijon clones and produce a much more french style wine.

a little time in oak is fine. but, the mouth coating wine coming out of much of the states, south africa and australia is just awful.

all of that said, i am fine with spending considerably more for a french bottle than one of these others.

to the hells with the over-oaked, buttery, too sweet california style chardonnays. you can all enjoy it. none for me, thanks.

i prefer a proper white burgundy (french for chardonnay) from the regions of loire, chablis or burgundy. oregon has done well at taking some of the dijon clones and produce a much more french style wine.

a little time in oak is fine. but, the mouth coating wine coming out of much of the states, south africa and australia is just awful.

all of that said, i am fine with spending considerably more for a french bottle than one of these others.

i always had you down as a beer only type man. if you ever make it to newcastle for a match please don't go into a bar and ask for a 'a proper white burgundy (french for chardonnay) from the regions of loire, chablis or burgundy' the board would be so much duller without you.

Ha. I'm sure MC is cool with when to drink wine and when to drink beer.

I've just enjoyed a REALLY good home brewed IPA (not mine!) which I rated 5/5. I LOVE this amateur brewer swap shop thing!

But right now I'm drinking the second batch of our red IPA and wondering if we sort of killed it by adding rye this time around...the rye is overshadowing the hop flavour it seems. :/

My favourite white wine is Chablis. :)

Started the afternoon with Great Divide's Hoss, a delicious rye lager that paired well with patio furniture assembly. We have now moved on to Parrelle 45, a moderately priced French red which is not complicated, but dry and really getting the job done on a Friday.

Archived