Drawk's Back To Crisis Mode

drawkcabi

Though I feel it isn't fair being treated this way when we've done everything asked of us. :(

It's not, and that totally sucks. But the landlord has every incentive to blame you for it, rather than accepting that this is one of the costs that she needs to take on as a landowner. Your options for recourse are usually a lot of work, which makes it even harder. Hopefully it will resolve itself somehow. At least your neighbor shouldn't be stressing you out anymore.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I was taking a shower and when I came out the dogs were going nuts because the electricity was shorting out in one circuit causing several outlets to cut off, including one where the living room cable box was plugged in.

I reset the circuit breaker but found that the cable box was blown out. I took the cable box from my dad's room because he watches that less than my mom watches the one in the living room. Less than an hour later the circuit trips again. This time when I go back there I notice a strong smell of electrical burning. This time I leave the circuit off and call an electrician.

The electrician takes a while to check things out, quickly assesses it's a burnt out wire, but can't find where the problem started. We leave that circuit off for the night. He comes back this morning with a partner and finds the origin of the problem.

The fucking hot water heater is still leaking :bang: :frown5: :bawl: :crying: :stillsick: :dunno:

It had been dripping on a receptacle under the house for quite some time The electrician brought in a piece of wood charred black and rotted.

So yeah...

• 6 months later...

Ambulance just took my dad to the hospital.

He has been complaining of chest pains since the morning. He hasn't been able to lie down because he said he couldn't breathe when he did. He didn't want to call 911 but as the morning became afternoon to late after noon he kept feeling worse, so we did call.

Also his feet and legs have been swollen for over a month. He was at the doctor last Monday, his BP was ok but the doctor wanted to put him on Lasix but first he needed to get a blood test.

I would have gone, I just don't think I could have gotten up in the ambulance in my current shape. My mom went and that worries the hell out of me too because she's not physically well and gets easily mentally shaken.

I was just at the doctor last Thursday and had an ECG because I complained of chest pains at night once or twice a week recently. ECG showed possible signs I did have a silent heart attack some time ago and I've been referred to a cardiologist myself.

I'm just anxious right now looking for distractions while I wait to hear anything.

thank you

He's home now. All the tests they could do at the er all came back ok. He's feeling better with the chest pains and breathing, still having bad headaches and neck pain like always. We need to take him to get an MRI.

• 6 months later...

I just had an ambulance take my mom to the hospital. I found her in a stupor when the dog made me get up because she knew something was wrong.

My mom has been majorly depressed and also suffering from health problems. She's been in a mixed state bipolar situation the last couple of months. Today she was acting strange in a different way. I could tell she was still majorly depressed but she didn't seem to have anxiety anymore.

When I found her I thought either overdose or stroke. I called 911. I was looking for all her meds but couldn't find the xanax. the paramedics found the bottled clutched in her hand. there was still some in there but she took a good handful.

Now she's at the hospital and I'm left with my 88 year old dad and I can't leave him alone. He says he doesn't feel good and doesn't want to go yet. I feel torn between two places.

This is fucked.

I'm at the hospital now been here a few hours. My mom is in and out of sleep when she is awake shes crying about how she is afraid to die but doesn't want to live anymore.

She been blaming my dad for driving her crazy.

I don't know what I'm going to do. There is no real way to change anything.

Thank toy TOL and Ark.

Still in the er with my mom. Waiting on a room as they are admitting her.

She is so depressed I don't know if I will ever rest easy again thinking shes thinking about harming herself or more.

I'm so mentally physically and emotionally drained. They say still a couple hours until a room.is ready.

Dad is here too and very tired wants to go home.

8 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

I just had an ambulance take my mom to the hospital. I found her in a stupor when the dog made me get up because she knew something was wrong.

My mom has been majorly depressed and also suffering from health problems. She's been in a mixed state bipolar situation the last couple of months. Today she was acting strange in a different way. I could tell she was still majorly depressed but she didn't seem to have anxiety anymore.

When I found her I thought either overdose or stroke. I called 911. I was looking for all her meds but couldn't find the xanax. the paramedics found the bottled clutched in her hand. there was still some in there but she took a good handful.

Now she's at the hospital and I'm left with my 88 year old dad and I can't leave him alone. He says he doesn't feel good and doesn't want to go yet. I feel torn between two places.

This is fucked.

Really sorry to hear this, drawk. Take care, man.

Archived