Football 53: Come on feel the Moyes!

Xray the Enforcer

Not really encouraged by the United game.

Sure it could have gone worse. But they didn't outplay Shaktar by any means.

We'll see if they can recoup and actually get better from here.

City were squashed, but everyone sees that Bayern is just the biggest bear in the forest right now.

Interesting to see the PSG train rolling along, they are still a strong dark horse this year.

Interesting to see the PSG train rolling along, they are still a strong dark horse this year.

I think Atheltico are my "dark horse" to do well if they can avoid the other Spanish teams, in particular.

Not sure who can beat Bayern, I fancy Dortmund against them in general -- they match up well, but Dortmund may not get out of the group. Chelsea could park the bus and maybe get lucky but I think they're a very strong team and looked phwoar tonight. I think they'll beat Barca or Madrid, they're better all over than either of them. So yeah, they'll be very difficult to beat and I imagine they'll only improve.

United getting a draw in Shakhtar is fine, not an easy place to go although I think they probably should have held on.

Juve could be in trouble if they get nothing against madrid in both their games. Nice to see DROGBA score tonight, again.

that negredo's goal was a stunner!

the best goal i've seen in a while.

someone said that the mark of the goat is how well he performs in a great team.

i'd disagree and say that the better mark of the goat is how much he improves the players on his team.

messi doesn't much, as is evident from very little impact he makes on argentina team.

baxus, you can only bang that same drum for so long. Messi unquestionably improves the best club side in the world, and yes, he also improves the Argentina team - more and more each game, as has been pointed out. In his last 20 games for Argentina, he has 13 goals and 4 assists.

Your one argument against Messi as GOAT is thin, and gets thinner every time Argentina play. Best not to keep repeating it as if it was unassailable.

@mormont:

we'll see next summer how much he improves argentina ;)

also, barcelona is among top sides, but is definitely NOT the best club side in the world this year, as last seasons champions' league results clearly prove.

Your one argument against Messi as GOAT is thin, and gets thinner every time Argentina play. Best not to keep repeating it as if it was unassailable.

There are many arguments against Messi as GOAT. Like 'Cruyff', and 'Maradona', and 'Messi is a selfish twat'.

They were better than last year. I can't see a weakness. They chucked goetze on as an impact sub

Bayern was excellent, decidedly better than last year, but towards the end they let go a bit. They let City come back into it, making the last 15 minutes needlessly exciting. For a perfect game, they should have created more chances, especially in the first half, when they had lots of possession, but didn't do a whole lot more than lead City around by the nose.

Having said that, they really made City look like amateurs. When early on Richards bulldozered Reus (?) I wondered if Bayern could compete physically, but they just kept on running circles around City.

I wonder why Pellegrino didn't do anything. He was late with his subs, and he did nothing about the imbalance on the pitch. City had 6-8 guys behind the ball almost all the time, facing only 3 offensive players. That gifted Bayern the midfid, and control of the game.

There are many arguments against Messi as GOAT. Like 'Cruyff', and 'Maradona', and 'Messi is a selfish twat'.

There are arguments against anything. Whether they stand up to any scrutiny is the test. The last, for example, wouldn't.

When early on Richards bulldozered Reus (?)

I'm gonna take a wild guess that it was Kroos coz Reus plays for Dortmund.

Germany have so many good creative/attacking mids...

There are arguments against anything. Whether they stand up to any scrutiny is the test. The last, for example, wouldn't.

It's exaggeration obviously but Messi's need to be directly involed in every move unquestionably holds him back as a 'goat' candidate, no matter how people want to pretend otherwise.

Archived