Orphan Black Take 2: Expect some differences from the Original

Sci-2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In Canada season 3 is premiering simultaneous on Space, CTV, Bravo, and MTV at 9pm ET on April 18.

In the U.S. on BBC America of course, but AMC networks is cloning the season 3 premiere on everything it owns, AMC, Sundance TV, IFC and We TV simultaneously as well.

From the sounds of it this strategy originated because BBC America found the ratings not rising, based on the perception on what that channels programs, but when people do watch it Orphan Black locks in viewer loyalty. So they're trying this strategy in partnership with AMC to get more eyeballs.

In Canada season 3 is premiering simultaneous on Space, CTV, Bravo, and MTV at 9pm ET on April 18.

In the U.S. on BBC America of course, but AMC networks is cloning the season 3 premiere on everything it owns, AMC, Sundance TV, IFC and We TV simultaneously as well.

From the sounds of it this strategy originated because BBC America found the ratings not rising, based on the perception on what that channels programs, but when people do watch it Orphan Black locks in viewer loyalty. So they're trying this strategy in partnership with AMC to get more eyeballs.

MTV?

You could just click the "Follow This Topic" button, Kyoshi... :thumbsup:

Thanks. :) But I like the little star that shows me which threads I'm participating in. Childish, I know, but I like that star.

That's pretty cool.

Thanks. :) But I like the little star that shows me which threads I'm participating in. Childish, I know, but I like that star.

Me too, and I feel compelled to click on any thread with that little star next to it.

And I freaking hate it when I stop watching a show, and the thread with that little star keeps popping up. :tantrum:

• 3 weeks later...

Watched this over the past week or so and enjoyed it. Does anyone else get the impression that little Kira is somehow special beyond being the first progeny of a clone? She got hit by a car and was fine, plus she sometimes seems to know things she shouldn't.

Also I really like the actor who plays her dad/Daario/that guy from Treme.

A big article on Tatiana Maslany in this week's New York Times Sunday Magazine. You can read it here.

Though I rather recoiled from the title slug, which declares her performances in Orphan Black are "a meditation on femininity". They may be a meditation on being a woman, being female, and how the 'female' is considered products of convenience or subservience for whatever needs MANkind chooses to make use of them -- and how the clone club is rebelling and subverting all of the varieties of female exploitation. But that's not the equivalent of "femininity." One does believe that Felix has words to say about this subject as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Today!!!

Alison: "Holy doodle, here we go!"

Archived