R+L=J v.131

BearQueen87

Oh, come on, it's too obvious :P

I know. :(

It was a really good song to pick for the trailer, and I enjoyed how many times they showed Jon. Really looking forward to his arc this season.

Supposedly Harington filmed more scenes this season than any other character. About goddamn time.

And there was the "you could be queen" when they showed Cersei. I LOVED seeing the harpy come crashing down. In the pic that was on this thread earlier with Jon, Stannis and Davos I agree that's probably when Jon is being offered WF. I wonder if the new season will drop some WoW deets on us?

And there was the "you could be queen" when they showed Cersei. I LOVED seeing the harpy come crashing down. In the pic that was on this thread earlier with Jon, Stannis and Davos I agree that's probably when Jon is being offered WF. I wonder if the new season will drop some WoW deets on us?

I'm wondering that, too. Or some stuff that's open-ended might be shown and thus solved. Pink Letter, maybe?

I'm wondering that, too. Or some stuff that's open-ended might be shown and thus solved. Pink Letter, maybe?

I'm hoping for something like that as well. With the greater deviation from the books as well as the possibility of some TWoW content, I am more excited about this upcoming season than I have been for all the others. Will make for good viewing not knowing exactly what is going to happen.

I don't know, but if Jon does have his own name, I would think a good place to start for a second born prince might be one of Rhaegars siblings.

Rhaegar said Aegon was a good name for a king. It makes me wonder why Rhaegar wasn't given the name Aegon?

(However, we know Rhaegar was named for GRRM's parents, RAymond and MarGARet). :)

Or at least that is the urban legend.

That was an idea of mine from a while back. I wouldn't say that we know it, but the Ray/Rhae thing is pretty coincidental, imo. It doesn't have to have any special meaning in the story, but it would be kind of cute if GRRM named the hero's father after his own. :) I'm less sure about the Margaret part though, but I could see GRRM starting off with Ray-Mar and deciding to obscure it a bit. Though he didn't really bother with Khal Rhae Mar, did he? :) (Viserys, the Sorefoot King.) I wondered if Ray-Mar wasn't possibly the inspiration for Waymar Royce's name.

Nor have I forgotten about Rongar! ;)

That was an idea of mine from a while back. I wouldn't say that we know it, but the Ray/Rhae thing is pretty coincidental, imo. It doesn't have to have any special meaning in the story, but it would be kind of cute if GRRM named the hero's father after his own. :) I'm less sure about the Margaret part though, but I could see GRRM starting off with Ray-Mar and deciding to obscure it a bit. Though he didn't really bother with Khal Rhae Mar, did he? :) (Viserys, the Sorefoot King.) I wondered if Ray-Mar wasn't possibly the inspiration for Waymar Royce's name.

Nor have I forgotten about Rongar! ;)

Martin seems fairly sentimental about the people and events in his life, (like the Wun Wun thing), so I could see it.

And somehow Rhaegar sounds better than Rongar, lol.

Its a little too close to Ragnar from Vikings. :)

I don't think there will be a Pink Letter in the show. It looks like Jon will lead the Hardhome mission and Thorne will be the one to backstab him in the wilderness. I think that was the original plan in the books but the PL provided a better chance.

Hah, cool. I didn't know the real-life inspiration for Rhaegar's name.

It's not official by any means, just something I brought up a while back. After all, Rhae- and Ray are pronounced the same, which means that the former is just the Targaryen-ized spelling of the latter. Though there haven't been any Rhaemonds, there have been a few Aemons and one Aemond that we know of.

I don't think there will be a Pink Letter in the show. It looks like Jon will lead the Hardhome mission and Thorne will be the one to backstab him in the wilderness. I think that was the original plan in the books but the PL provided a better chance.

I'm not sure how you get all that just from the trailer.

I have this rather naive dream that since S5 will probably end with the stabbing moment, S6 opens with the TOJ scene. (Gosh, I want to see the TOJ already)

WE got the same naive dream then. I had even the idea that they will drop the boomb just before the stabbing for the lol but I don't think so anymore.

Archived